Page 77 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Speaking of WLG what's the story with his avatar?
    Excellent point.
    Carn Member, sort it out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Excellent point.
    Carn Member, sort it out.
    See WLG AVATAR THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    James Brown scored his first goal for City, they beat Bolton reserves 5-1.
    No doubt he will bang them in for fun this season!
    Scored another one in an earlier trial

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Just cause they are saying 3 at the back doesn't mean it will be 3 defenders only. Wing Backs may spend most of the time actually covering the fullback role and basically 5 at the back
    Neville spent a fair bit of time at centre back for Perth one season. Same year he spent some time as captain.

See WLG AVATAR THREAD
    Great choice.
    Well in mate.

Toohey in the paper yesterday (essentially) - Contract agreed with Jets and Paartalu but Thai club are playing hardball and the FFA are now getting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Toohey in the paper yesterday (essentially) - Contract agreed with Jets and Paartalu but Thai club are playing hardball and the FFA are now getting involved.
    I assume because we would want him from beginning of season and they wont want to let him go for obvious reasons!
    This will be interesting, the club trying to do to someone else what other clubs seem to do easily to us, take an important contracted player away!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I assume because we would want him from beginning of season and they wont want to let him go for obvious reasons!
    This will be interesting, the club trying to do to someone else what other clubs seem to do easily to us, take an important contracted player away!
    I think you're right. And if we're trying to get him for the start it's a good thing to see we've started to stand up and not take no as an answer.

hopefully the club has learnt from the Nathan burns incident last December, when they wanted to keep him and couldn't.

the good thing is we have a lot of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    hopefully the club has learnt....
    club doesnt learn

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    club doesnt learn
    I'll show you learning. Before I come back, my club, it spend 50 million on shit players. Now we charge 50 million for shit players. It is good.
    Remember....be Champions!

Banned
    Central Coast Mariners have strengthened their goalkeeping stocks for the Hyundai A-League 2014-15 season by signing a pre-contract agreement with former custodian Matthew Nash for a period of two years.

Nash, who was a member of the Mariners’ squad under Lawrie McKinna from 2008 to 2009, will re-join the yellow and navy in September following the completion of his commitments with Bonnyrigg White Eagles in the 2014 National Premier Leagues New South Wales competition.

The 33-year-old custodian has played with four Hyundai A-League clubs in the past, commencing life in Australia’s top flight with the Mariners, spending a brief period on loan with Adelaide United (2008), and linking with Newcastle Jets (2010 to 2012) and Sydney FC (2012 to 2013).

Nash, who has also represented several clubs in NSW State Leagues said he’s delighted that he will be back on the books of the Mariners soon.

“It’s great to be back here. I am very, very excited to be back with the Mariners,” he said.

“From the first day I walked in here, everyone has made me feel welcome and it’s really just a great bunch of guys. The whole setup here is very professional and I couldn’t be happier.”

Central Coast Mariners goalkeeping coach and analyst, John Crawley, has coached Nash since he was 15, and believes he possesses the qualities necessary to excel at the Club.

“Matt is a great communicator, reads the game well, is great in one-on-one situations, and has a good distribution game, so he ticks a lot of the boxes that we look for in our goalkeepers,” Crawley said.

“With Matt’s addition we will benefit in a number of ways. Firstly, alongside Liam Reddy he offers us another great option between the sticks, and secondly, we will be utilising his knowledge and expertise with our National Youth League squad goalkeepers in helping them progress through the ranks.”

“We really are blessed to have someone like him coming into the Club,” Crawley concluded.
    Glad to see the bloke got a go in the HAL. Shame he plays for those ****s

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    I'll show you learning. Before I come back, my club, it spend 50 million on shit players. Now we charge 50 million for shit players. It is good.
    thank you

Banned
    Glad to see the bloke got a go in the HAL. Shame he plays for those ****s
    he aint shit

flores has tweeted that he's at a café (or something) with "captain Kew". have I missed something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    flores has tweeted that he's at a café (or something) with "captain Kew". have I missed something?
    They better watch that Mate stuff. Goes Alright

The shit is everywhere in Sth America and I initially thought they were all drinking brewed Marijuana

They better watch that Mate stuff. Goes Alright

The shit is everywhere in Sth America and I initially thought they were all drinking brewed Marijuana
    Is it what I think it is?
    If it is, I was drinking it in St Pauli, was told it was basically a natural Red Bull style drink??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Is it what I think it is?
    If it is, I was drinking it in St Pauli, was told it was basically a natural Red Bull style drink??

They are consumed out of things like this

Its a tea like drink

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/24...medium=twitter

VIDEO: NEW Newcastle Jets striker Jeronimo Neumann speaks after his first session with his new club, after Adelaide United boss Josep Gombau informed the 28-year-old he wasn't part of his plans for the upcoming season.

But the news has been a positive for the Argentinian, with the striker happy with his decision to become a Jet, under new coach Phil Stubbins.

Definitely not what I thought it was.. I'll see if I can find what I had..

Yeah, this is it, which does use a South American jungle tea plant:

Last edited by Bon; 29-07-2014 at 05:31 PM.