Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

  1. #901
    West Wallsend FC have today announced the appointment of Gary Rowe to the position of Head Coach for 2015.

    An ex player at the club and previous coach along with a long history of family involvement with the club Gary's return is fitting with the clubs philosophy of rebuilding as a community focused football club. He brings with him to the club a new level of knowledge, NPL experience and an organisational skill set as well as an increased level of expectations of the clubs potential for next season.

    Gary's assistant will be Lucas Olney, an experienced keeper in his own right who has worked along side Gary previously Lucas will also act as the clubs goalkeeping coach and be a vital role in developing the clubs training culture.

    Other appointments will be made after the final format for NewFm for 2015 is announced by Northern NSW Football.
    Last edited by West Wallsend FC; 25-08-2014 at 06:16 PM.

  2. #902
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Not what I seen. Ref was poor and I don't know how a few valo players stayed on the pitch.
    Ref poor, the 2 midfield players should of been sent after 5 or 6 grubby challenges each.
    Ref poor, don't know how but players didn't get sent after full time, how do u get 2 players involved in a fight and only 1 gets sent.
    Did I mention how bad the ref was.
    How about the second yellow? books only the Belmont player for running into the scuffle when there was at least three player from valo already involved. The refs and assistance were so far out of their depth floaties and a snorkell wouldn't have helped.

  3. #903
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Ben Kelly suspended, or are Maitland supremely confident?
    kelly is injured mate, not sure what chance he is to play this weekend, but matt stonham is a very very reliable replacement if called upon

  4. #904
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Who are these players that you talk about.
    I haven't seen any player of any note in any game I've seen in zpl.
    Name the players you think are ok
    2 players that played ZL1 last year for Garden Suburb are now playing NPL is that good enough for you or is NewFM better than NPL
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I support the NCIP

  5. #905
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    2 players that played ZL1 last year for Garden Suburb are now playing NPL is that good enough for you or is NewFM better than NPL
    NPL what grade?

  6. #906
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    NPL what grade?
    1st grade South Cardiff.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I support the NCIP

  7. #907
    Senior Member leftrightout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,430
    Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Who are these players that you talk about.
    I haven't seen any player of any note in any game I've seen in zpl.
    Name the players you think are ok
    Pretty much all barnsley 1st grade has played for westy in the past while in newfm and nbn.
    Dudley have a whole bunch of guys from Charlestown.
    That's just two clubs with a lot of players from higher grades and they came 5th and 6th this year.

    This argument cannot be won though ZPL people will think they are better. Newfm will think they are better.

  8. #908
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    131
    newfm is a disgrace. top 2 could handle nbn the rest zpl 2nd tier what a joke.

  9. #909
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    117
    Unless any upsets it will look like a final between the two best teams in the competition which i think is fitting. I know Maitland won the league but I honestly do not think there was much between both teams and will make for a great final.

    Also can i say how boring it gets when people keep coming on here and pooring cold water over this competition for reasons of justifying the lower leagues.

    The lower league is just that , a lower league and although I am sure there are a few players that would shine in leagues above I am confident that the vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the higher divisions .

    Sport and not just soccer is a great leveler and these guys are playing in that division because that is the level that there ability is best suited to and not because ZPL is better than the newfm and anyone that thinks otherwise is more than likely a frustrated ZPL player claining such things or a failed newfm player now playing his game in ZPL.

    ZPL is not a bad level to be playing at just as in my opinion newfm is also not a bad level to be playing at.

  10. #910
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Macquarie
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Unless any upsets it will look like a final between the two best teams in the competition which i think is fitting. I know Maitland won the league but I honestly do not think there was much between both teams and will make for a great final.

    Also can i say how boring it gets when people keep coming on here and pooring cold water over this competition for reasons of justifying the lower leagues.

    The lower league is just that , a lower league and although I am sure there are a few players that would shine in leagues above I am confident that the vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the higher divisions .

    Sport and not just soccer is a great leveler and these guys are playing in that division because that is the level that there ability is best suited to and not because ZPL is better than the newfm and anyone that thinks otherwise is more than likely a frustrated ZPL player claining such things or a failed newfm player now playing his game in ZPL.

    ZPL is not a bad level to be playing at just as in my opinion newfm is also not a bad level to be playing at.
    Logically, sensibly and respectfully put. Well said

  11. #911
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,041
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Unless any upsets it will look like a final between the two best teams in the competition which i think is fitting. I know Maitland won the league but I honestly do not think there was much between both teams and will make for a great final.

    Also can i say how boring it gets when people keep coming on here and pooring cold water over this competition for reasons of justifying the lower leagues.

    The lower league is just that , a lower league and although I am sure there are a few players that would shine in leagues above I am confident that the vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the higher divisions .

    Sport and not just soccer is a great leveler and these guys are playing in that division because that is the level that there ability is best suited to and not because ZPL is better than the newfm and anyone that thinks otherwise is more than likely a frustrated ZPL player claining such things or a failed newfm player now playing his game in ZPL.

    ZPL is not a bad level to be playing at just as in my opinion newfm is also not a bad level to be playing at.
    Sad reflection about the imbalance of the comp that half way through a 2 legged affair NNSW can start printing the programs with the two GF teams already and would be in no danger of having egg on their face with an upset.


    The vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the NPL. They would not struggle at all running around for teams 3-8 in this comp though.
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  12. #912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sad reflection about the imbalance of the comp that half way through a 2 legged affair NNSW can start printing the programs with the two GF teams already and would be in no danger of having egg on their face with an upset.


    The vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the NPL. They would not struggle at all running around for teams 3-8 in this comp though.
    Sorry but I disagree with this as players find their levels in all sports as I have mentioned and again I say is there exceptions to the the rule , off course , yes always. I do though again say that the vast majority are playing the level that their ability allows them to otherwise they would play at a higher level.

    It is human instinct to do the very best you can and not accept second best . So you are telling me that in the case of zpl players that this is different and that they accept playing in a league below their abilty - that is nonsense , complete nonsense.

    On this note I also say , can the vast majority of new fm players play in the NPL - NO , they too are at the level their ability allows and would struggle up a level.

    I do not post on here often and mostly only about Valo so I will not be entertaining an arguement or an on-going debate with you so I will be respectfull that you have a differing opinion

    For me , mine is based on logical reasons and likely outcomes and I have no reason or want to dilute the skill and ability of either newfm or zpl.

  13. #913
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    It is human instinct to do the very best you can and not accept second best . So you are telling me that in the case of zpl players that this is different and that they accept playing in a league below their abilty - that is nonsense , complete nonsense
    On this note I also say , can the vast majority of new fm players play in the NPL - NO , they too are at the level their ability allows and would struggle up a level.
    Agree with most you've said accept this many ZPL players could and would be competitive in NewFM but choose to play at Clubs they have a attachment with. That attachment be it mates, Club culture, area where they grew up, loyalty ect is what in my opinion is wrong with NewFM where you have mediocre mercenaries chasing money and cashed up clubs dishing money out.

    Edit: I know of several players that have not been able to get a start in ZPL 1st grade but are now getting paid to play in NewFM, go figure.
    Last edited by Premy; 26-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I support the NCIP

  14. #914
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Agree with most you've said accept this many ZPL players could and would be competitive in NewFM but choose to play at Clubs they have a attachment with. That attachment be it mates, Club culture, area where they grew up, loyalty ect is what in my opinion is wrong with NewFM where you have mediocre mercenaries chasing money and cashed up clubs dishing money out.

    Edit: I know of several players that have not been able to get a start in ZPL 1st grade but are now getting paid to play in NewFM, go figure.
    I agree fully with these points - well raised. I am only discussing the fact that some people think the majority of zpl players are better than the majority of newfm and simply no way that can be the case.

    Northern should remove the reason for debate anyway and take away many of the things stopping zpl clubs proving this theory wrong. Its stupid that clubs with just as good facilities as Thornton cannot get into this competition.

    Tell me what is the difference in match day facilities at thornton and or singelton as there are at Mayfield ,Cooks Hill , Dudley or Barnsley to name a few ?

  15. #915
    Senior Member Premy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    I agree fully with these points - well raised. I am only discussing the fact that some people think the majority of zpl players are better than the majority of newfm and simply no way that can be the case.

    Northern should remove the reason for debate anyway and take away many of the things stopping zpl clubs proving this theory wrong. Its stupid that clubs with just as good facilities as Thornton cannot get into this competition.

    Tell me what is the difference in match day facilities at thornton and or singelton as there are at Mayfield ,Cooks Hill , Dudley or Barnsley to name a few ?
    Couldn't agree more there is always going to be exceptions to the rule but on a whole NewFM is a step up from ZPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I support the NCIP

  16. #916
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    I agree fully with these points - well raised. I am only discussing the fact that some people think the majority of zpl players are better than the majority of newfm and simply no way that can be the case.

    Northern should remove the reason for debate anyway and take away many of the things stopping zpl clubs proving this theory wrong. Its stupid that clubs with just as good facilities as Thornton cannot get into this competition.



    Tell me what is the difference in match day facilities at thornton and or singelton as there are at Mayfield ,Cooks Hill , Dudley or Barnsley to name a few ?
    And or Cahill oval, a disgrace of a football field

  17. #917
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Macquarie
    Posts
    137
    Thinking about the games, I think 99% will agree First grades Grand Finalists are as most predicted (my thoughts about a possible Belswans upset proved to be about as reliable as my Powerball numbers I admit).

    23's Toronto did themselves every favour on the scoreboard keeping it to One Nil and go into this return leg with every chance, I am still predicting Valo to GF though.
    I didn't hear nor does the website show the result from the other game? Being played mideweek? So I'll stick with my original thoughts of a Valo v Maitland GF here too

    19's Maitland (god I actually picked one score right) and I think this weekedn could go the same way scorewise.
    Again, couldn't find results from other game but I will still go for a Maitland v Cessnock GF

  18. #918
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    23s Thornton won 2-1 i believe

  19. #919
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    23s Thornton won 2-1 i believe
    you would be correct.
    Thornton did not play that good and maitland were well off missing a clear one on one that the striker would have buried any other day of the week.
    Maitland also played about 60mins with 10 men after a player was sent.

  20. #920
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    2nd leg of that match should be a cracker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •