Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Havago View Post
    So we will never know which is the better comp if the so called best teams never get promoted. Maybe it's just easier to make these comments because they have no intentions of ever trying to get promotion because they are at a level where they have a chance of winning. Why is it that a team that finishes 9th applies for promotion and the top two don't?
    Should rename yourself to havalaff. The promotion between ZL football and state league football is mainly dependent on facilities, youth, management and financial position. Team performance is only one small element of a huge application process.

Edit - please use club announcements
    Last edited by hawk; 04-11-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    I can only speak for the club I am associated with (New Lambton). We have previously applied for promotion and were knocked back due to a lack of association with our junior club (when having a junior affiliation mattered). In the time since we have made great strides in improving this relationship, to the point now where it is an excellent one. We did explore the possibility of applying to the NEWFM again this season (and explored the option via accessing the relevant applications forms through NNSWF) but the reality is that we are not going to receive promotion with our current ground situation (we were moved on from a high quality facility due to NPL restrictions at the start of this year). Our club is sourcing all avenues of funds to improve the situation at our home ground so that we can mount a viable case for promotion in future years and allow the opportunity for New Lambton Juniors to play at a higher level with the club.

I hope that clears up your assertion that our club 'have no intentions of ever trying to get promotion because they are at a level where they have a chance of winning'.
    unfortunate events unfolding for you guys just when you didnt need it.

Another issue is that openings for promotion are often fleeting.
    Like this year there can be 3 teams offered then it could be a closed house for the next 5.
    I guess clubs need to have their criteria together and be ready for the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    I think Cooks Hill and Wallsend will both make the top 4. Cooks Hill have an aging squad though, so they will have to recruit well. Wallsend have a young squad with plenty of nbn expierence but will also need a couple of signings to get them up there. Valo and Lakes will obviously be the teams to beat. My early prediction is this: (may not even be close)
    1. Valo
    2. Lakes
    3. Wallsend
    4. Belswans
    5. Cooks Hill
    6. Thornton
    7. Toronto
    8. Westy
    9. Singo
    10. Cessnock
    11. Kahibah
    Are there 11 teams? bye is a joke. Did some some team get a leg up. cause this comp is usually well guarded.

Admin might as well just have a free for all and collect more exhorbitant rego costs. 19 teams thanks for payin'.

As far as I know yes. Kahibah have got a free ride for the past couple of seasons. They came second last in zpl last year and they struggled in zpl1 the year before. There would have to be a drastic change there to somehow justify their promotion.. I agree, 11 teams is ridiculous!

It could be 10 in 2016 if Jets Youth pull out of NPL (rumoured) & one goes up to take their place (maybe why 11)

Funny if it was Kahibah

Kahibah may impress a lot of you...
    I know Gumpsy is well prepared and probably one of the best coaches in Newcastle at the moment

Any notable signings for Kahibah that you know of yet Allimpic?

Quote Originally Posted by Allimpic View Post
    Kahibah may impress a lot of you...
    I know Gumpsy is well prepared and probably one of the best coaches in Newcastle at the moment
    I've heard terrific things about him coaching kids but have heard no-so-great things about his time coaching seniors on the coast.

Time will tell - it's good to see another former pro staying in the game.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I've heard terrific things about him coaching kids but have heard no-so-great things about his time coaching seniors on the coast.

Your right.. He is great with the kids and has already organised a few sessions for them. He is getting things in place for the new year with structures around professionalism and training. We know it will be a few years but not going up to make up the numbers

Allimpic, assuming you're apart of kahibah. With realistic confidence, and even though the season hasn't started, where do you see the guys finishing/whats the target of the club?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Any notable signings for Kahibah that you know of yet Allimpic?
    I've heard rumors of Adam Kwasnik and Patrick Zwaanswijk, I don't know how much truth is in the rumors just what I've heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

So is he a good coach or someone that can recruit players or both ?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Agree more players with high level experience getting involved locally the better. Having been a player at a high level does not mean you are automatically going to be a good coach but it sure does give you a head start.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I've heard rumors of Adam Kwasnik and Patrick Zwaanswijk, I don't know how much truth is in the rumors just what I've heard.
    Not sure about Adam but I heard Patrick Zwaanswijk could be playing at Maitland next year. If Kahibah do get players like these then it can only be good for newfm/all of newcastle football. The standard needs to lift thats for sure!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    Not sure about Adam but I heard Patrick Zwaanswijk could be playing at Maitland next year. If Kahibah do get players like these then it can only be good for newfm/all of newcastle football. The standard needs to lift thats for sure!
    Can regale us with tales about how he is suing the Gypos for their best cans of tuna

Are Kwasnik and Brad Porter still at the helm of Kanwal in the Central Coast league?

Gumpsy will be fine, can assure you of that,
    And premy be quite haha, whose next? Hutchinson? Matt simon?
    I've herd of possibly one ex mariner playing

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Gumpsy will be fine, can assure you of that,
    And premy be quite haha, whose next? Hutchinson? Matt simon?
    I've herd of possibly one ex mariner playing
    Liam Reedy, but don't be worried you should have him covered for a starting gig
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!