Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    so lets get of this whinging topic.

on a brighter note whats everyones thoughts on results for the Big grandfinal?

im going with

1st Maitland win 3-1
    reggies wouldnt mind see redbacks get up going for a 3-2 score line
    19s im goin to have a stab at 2-2 and maitland on penaltys
    Well since I did about as well as getting the semi final results as I did last Melbourne Cup day I'll throw my 20 cents in here.

19's you beat me to the punch. I think 2-2 will be a good result at full time. and I will take a stab at 3-1 Maitland on the penalties
    23's I think Valentine 2-0, didn't see much more than each side play Westy but I liked how they knocked the ball around.
    First .... well I am going to say Maitland. In all honestly I think 3-1 as a scoreline but that will depend a great deal on who gets that first goal I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How about promote 2 ZPL clubs next year and bring it up to a 10 team comp for a start. You never know the ZPL sides may actually be competitive not get tonked every week raise the standard and only playing each other twice may also help keep things fresh. NewFM Clubs themselves agreed to this with Northern months ago provided they meet the same criteria current clubs are expected to.

Relegate the bottom two at end of season and promote the top 2 from ZPL again. Shake the comp up and force the clubs 3-8 to pull their finger out cause if they continue to be mediocre the Zone Leagues await for them. The only issue I have with this is that it promotes finances to be directed into players pockets rather than long term development. If clubs are continually looking over the shoulder about regulation investment in junior development, improved pitches, inproved facilities don't take back seats they take back of the bus seats year after year after year.

Would also have No 2 play off against the 2nd last side in NPL with an NPL place at stake. I wound rather see the entire promotion/relugation system be based on mutiple years and club championships not just once a year first grade results. Club Championship points over previous rolling three years. Encourages everything FFA/Northern are promoting, youth development within clubs, stable finances, stable playing groups.

If club X has had three seasons of good 17, 19, 23's but one year where 1st just dont cut it they get demoted and the club potentailly loses all that they had invested in those younger grades becasue they can move around without a point system. Watch Lakes Youth grades and see how many of them move to other clubs in 2015, al the time and money Lakes invested is basically wasted to them now becasue of 1 year of First Grade results.

Needs to be shaken up at both ends. Promotion to NPL needs to be more realistic for New FM sides and relegation needs to occur more frequently for the shite sides. Promotion is available? Hold your NPL Licence and win First Grade, it is that simple. What people need to do is now allow New FM clubs to adjust to the NPL Licence requiements. If Northern sink the effort into rasing New Fm that they have spent the last ten years rasing NBN standards up New FM will become what you would like it to be. But the clubs need time to reinvent themselves to do that, and encouraged to invest in more than just player payments. To do that and be encouraged to do that they need some level of stability.

**** the reserve grade off NewFM DOES NOT HAVE Reserve Grade...... it has U23's with a number (Max 5) overage players. That was done to allow a level of depth for First Grae and players to return from injury via 23's. And few clubs ever use more than a few of the overage spots from what I see. To be able to keep players fit and bring them back from injury is important for coaches and needs to be maintained.

First grade and Yoof grade only. Make these clubs actually develop juniors to actually underpin their club going forward. NPL Licences are aimed at just that. But unless you are aware of the reasons why NewFm Clubs have not all jumped at this in the single season it has been in place then it is not something to be critised. Some clubs have genuine reasons for not immediately having 13/15/17's under their banners in 2014. That does not mean they are not moving forward so they can do so, they are just doing it in a way that suits their own individual circumstances.

As for Cessnock players with 200 games of experience and they are still this mediocre?? Obviously the club is doing really well if in the 10 years or so it took to achieve that they are unable to develop better players to replace them. Wheres the junior development to be able to find the kids to replace blokes who are this far off the pace in this comp with a better calibre of player???
    NewFm clubs will always lose their most talented youth. The entire system is designed to do just that (and I am not disagreeing it should). Our top 16/17 your olds in every available ages should be in the Emerging Jets or higher. Then the next 150 should be in the NPL Youth system.

What remains to be seen because it is too soon yet, is how does a club, like Cessnock for example, connect with those players it lost at 12 or 14 to NPL Youth and get them back into the club if they don't become First Grade NPL players? Is it money? (God I hope not) Is it closer links between NPL and NewFm CLubs? Is it by friendships between NPL and NewFm Coaches? IS it by having a great social atmosphere at the club? Is it because he has a few mates playing there?

Reality is it will be a different answerr for every player in that position. Perhaps NewFm is not as strong as some would like because too little was being done ten years ago and not because of perceptions about what is being done now.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    NewFm clubs will always lose their most talented youth. The entire system is designed to do just that (and I am not disagreeing it should). Our top 16/17 your olds in every available ages should be in the Emerging Jets or higher. Then the next 150 should be in the NPL Youth system.

What remains to be seen because it is too soon yet, is how does a club, like Cessnock for example, connect with those players it lost at 12 or 14 to NPL Youth and get them back into the club if they don't become First Grade NPL players? Is it money? (God I hope not) Is it closer links between NPL and NewFm CLubs? Is it by friendships between NPL and NewFm Coaches? IS it by having a great social atmosphere at the club? Is it because he has a few mates playing there?

Reality is it will be a different answerr for every player in that position. Perhaps NewFm is not as strong as some would like because too little was being done ten years ago and not because of perceptions about what is being done now.
    Finally some good positive feedback, these are the things we need on this forum, NewFM comp can only get better with more development and support of all concerned including Northern. It takes time, NBN has taken time and it needs to flow onto NewFM, as reported in the Herald today there are 5 teams trying to get up into this comp and that is a positive. Once it becomes a 10 team comp and they have all the guidelines in place it will then be ZPL turn to step up and come in line with NewFM so we can have promotion and relegation making the top comps the strongest possible.
    I think with juniors leaving clubs to go to higher clubs is always a problem and getting them back is always difficult for different reasons but have a look around NBN and NewFM clubs and see how many players are playing at these clubs that have come from Cessnock. There must be a reason for this.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Havago View Post
    Finally some good positive feedback, these are the things we need on this forum, NewFM comp can only get better with more development and support of all concerned including Northern. It takes time, NBN has taken time and it needs to flow onto NewFM, as reported in the Herald today there are 5 teams trying to get up into this comp and that is a positive. Once it becomes a 10 team comp and they have all the guidelines in place it will then be ZPL turn to step up and come in line with NewFM so we can have promotion and relegation making the top comps the strongest possible.
    +1 for sure!!!!

So basically they are best at beating the teams in the 3-8 bracket hence why they come 3rd each year but still can't beat the top two.

Thanks for the Scoop.

It just reconfirms the teams below your cub Sancho are shit. Nothing we didn't already know and nothing that is in dispute
    Uhmm…. no? That's what your saying. I was just using a few stats to say that if BelSwans want to step up they must start to take more points off the top 2 teams than they have in the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    Well since I did about as well as getting the semi final results as I did last Melbourne Cup day I'll throw my 20 cents in here.

19's you beat me to the punch. I think 2-2 will be a good result at full time. and I will take a stab at 3-1 Maitland on the penalties
    23's I think Valentine 2-0, didn't see much more than each side play Westy but I liked how they knocked the ball around.
    First .... well I am going to say Maitland. In all honestly I think 3-1 as a scoreline but that will depend a great deal on who gets that first goal I think.
    a hard act to follow c_f but i'm going for…
    U/19's Maitland (1) - Cessnock (2)
    U/23's Valo (2) - Thornton (2)….. Valo 5-4 (on penalties)
    1st's Maitland (3) - Valo (1)

19s Maitland 3- Cessnock 1
    23s Valo 4- Thornton 1
    1sts Maitland 2- Valo 2 ----> Maitland on pens

Maitland 2-1 in 19's
    Thornton - 2-2 thornton on pens.
    Maitland 3-0.

Blake thompson man of the man in first grade

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    Maitland 2-1 in 19's
    Thornton - 2-2 thornton on pens.
    Maitland 3-0.

Blake thompson man of the man in first grade
    This one is on the money so far, valo up 1-0 after an early goal in the first minute or so in 23s

Maitland take out the gf 3-1 after extra time.

Maitland are a disgrace, a lot to answer for after today's display.

I actually didn't get to witness the game. What happened?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Play feet View Post
    What??

Some of the idiots supporting them were a disgrace with the drinks being thrown on to the field. Add in the abuse they were dishing out in the U19's GF which was a ****ing disgrace and lets not forget the dickhead who streaked after FT.

Apart from that the U19's side were a pack of grubs but got the win though their sportsmanship was a little piss poor. The first goal though was a disgrace as the ball never crossed the line but nick nock had the chances and butchered them.

Valo won the u 23's 2-1. Better side but a very average game

As for First Grade credit to Maitland at 1-0 down and down to 10 men they hassled and took the game to Valo and grabbed an equaliser.

Grabbed the lead a couple of mins into ET through Joel Wood and then it was 10 v 10 for a dumb card and send off. Valo pushed hard in the 2nd period and had some chances. Just shy of FT a long punt up the park was picked up by Ben Martin who beat a couple and slotted home.

I wouldn't say they were impressive but they wanted it and Valo dogged it by not having a crack in the second half and even with the man advantage you wouldn't have known it.

Valo got what they deserved for a negative display when 1-0 up and trying to park the bus. Even when they got up the other end in the 2nd half they showed no ambition to actually score

What??

Some of the idiots supporting them were a disgrace with the drinks being thrown on to the field. Add in the abuse they were dishing out in the U19's GF which was a ****ing disgrace and lets not forget the dickhead who streaked after FT.
    This, was very surprised that large group were not dispersed after the first scuffle in the 1st grade game with the aforementioned drinks/ cans being thrown onto the field and over players. Wasn't present for the 19s game so can't comment on their actions then.

As for the game, I thought Valo looked the better side in the first half with Maitland resorting to a lot of long ball (not necessarily route 1) to bypass the midfield where Valo were on top. But as MFKS said, they couldn't and didn't look to capitalise on the one man advantage and Maitland dug in to get the equaliser and had the momentum going into ET, then took their chances. Valo definitely had enough opportunities to find the equaliser in ET but just failed with that final touch to get it in the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Play feet View Post
    please elaborate for everybody here ?

Didnt think anybody in the crowd was a disgrace, yes the drinks should have been thrown. but hey a few drunks throwing beer, never experience that before anywhere

What??

Apart from that the U19's side were a pack of grubs but got the win though their sportsmanship was a little piss poor. The first goal though was a disgrace as the ball never crossed the line but nick nock had the chances and butchered them.

Valo won the u 23's 2-1. Better side but a very average game

As for First Grade credit to Maitland at 1-0 down and down to 10 men they hassled and took the game to Valo and grabbed an equaliser.

Grabbed the lead a couple of mins into ET through Joel Wood and then it was 10 v 10 for a dumb card and send off. Valo pushed hard in the 2nd period and had some chances. Just shy of FT a long punt up the park was picked up by Ben Martin who beat a couple and slotted home.

I wouldn't say they were impressive but they wanted it and Valo dogged it by not having a crack in the second half and even with the man advantage you wouldn't have known it.

Valo got what they deserved for a negative display when 1-0 up and trying to park the bus. Even when they got up the other end in the 2nd half they showed no ambition to actually score
    In the 19's game, who are you saying were grubs? Surely you were referring to Cessnock with several incidents that were disgraceful during the match. Cessnock were on top in the 2nd half but credit to the Maitland boys who dug deep and proved why they are Minor Major Premiers. The linesman needs to be congratulated for making the gutsy call with the first goal.

The beer shouldn't have been thrown and this isn't an excuse but I did notice you failed to mention the Valo player who spat on the crowd which incited the fellas behind the goals.
    Last edited by JCBT; 09-09-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    In the 19's game, who are you saying were grubs? Surely you were referring to Cessnock with several incidents that were disgraceful during the match. Cessnock were on top in the 2nd half but credit to the Maitland boys who dug deep and proved why they are Minor Major Premiers. The linesman needs to be congratulated for making the gutsy call with the first goal.

The beer shouldn't have been thrown and this isn't an excuse but I did notice you failed to mention the Valo player who spat on the crowd which incited the fellas behind the goals.
    I honestly think it was a right call either way it went. Could have been called offside and i wouldnt have had an issue with it. The #4 from valo spat twice in the direction of the crowd which is what mainly incited the beer throwing. He should have used some common sense IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    I honestly think it was a right call either way it went. Could have been called offside and i wouldnt have had an issue with it. The #4 from valo spat twice in the direction of the crowd which is what mainly incited the beer throwing. He should have used some common sense IMO.
    Must say I was half the field away so didn't see the spitting at/ in the direction of the crowd. The beer throwing was definitely visible to everyone though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post

Keep blowing as much smoke up Maitlands arse you like.

There were 6-8 tackles from Maitland that the ref refused to dish cards out to when they were entitled to receive a card. Right on FT the captain of Maitland lashed out and kicked a Cessnock player in back play off the ball and should have been sent.

Every time a decision went against Maitland they whinged like 2 year olds.

Even after FT there celebrations were a bit full of themselves and lacking respect for their opponents.

They want to win that way then so be it but deal with the criticism that comes

As for the game Maitland they may have got the biscuits on the day but wouldn't necessarily consider them the better side. Cessnock should have won it based on the chances they had and only have themselves to blame for their wasteful finishing.
    Maitland despite some early dominance in the first half were pretty much hanging on the rest of it and got the breaks.

As for the linesman I had just walked into the ground and was standing on the opposite side of the pitch to him when that corner come in. At no stage did it even look close to being a goal. (Being the whole of the ball has to cross the line) and it was clearly still in the field by a considerable margin it doesn't take balls to make a call like that. It is just a plain wrong call so call a spade a spade.

As for not commenting on the spitting. I had moved up the other end for First Grade so was 100 yards away so can not comment on something I didn't see. That being said even at that distance the can was clearly visible

I think your criticism of a Youth Grade sides celebrations after full time in a Grand Final win is ridiculous. This is a group of young men who have played all season for that day and won... What did you expect them to go shake hands and have a stretch? Honestly wake up to yourself. The other two games saw the winning team run and jump and enjoy the moment of winning a grand final.

There were some bad tackles from both sides that probably deserved cards but the referee did a good job I thought. Didn't see the ball go over the line in the first half but since you're obviously so one-eyed about the game perhaps try and discredit Maitlands second goal as well? If Cessnock weren't good enough to take their chances then maybe that's why they finished 12 points behind Maitland on the table.

Fortunately, you can watch Cessnock all of next season without having to worry about any decisions going Maitlands way, any bad tackles, whinging or celebrations.