Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Thornton0-0 Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by outdated View Post
    Thornton0-0 Toronto
    give us a summary champ...lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

If true that Adamstown have our grand final I think that is a poor decision by Northern . If there was no grounds for a current newfm team to be able to host such an occasion then yes I would agree but this i believe not to be the case.

I have been to Toronoto and they could host , I have been to Maitland and they could host , I have been to West Wallsend and they could host and never been to Cessnock but many on here are saying they could host.

On football matters it is going to be a lot at stake at Maitland V Valentine this weekend and looking very much like winner takes all. Do to work sunday but starting to feel a little ill and might not make work this weekend Ha Ha

Maitland yesterday against Singo

19s 6-1
    22s 8-0
    1sts 4-1

Adamstown to host Newfm grandfinal & WPL semis & grandfinal.
    Confirmed by Northern this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    If true that Adamstown have our grand final I think that is a poor decision by Northern . If there was no grounds for a current newfm team to be able to host such an occasion then yes I would agree but this i believe not to be the case.

I have been to Toronoto and they could host , I have been to Maitland and they could host , I have been to West Wallsend and they could host and never been to Cessnock but many on here are saying they could host.

On football matters it is going to be a lot at stake at Maitland V Valentine this weekend and looking very much like winner takes all. Do to work sunday but starting to feel a little ill and might not make work this weekend Ha Ha
    What involvement have you at valo newfm, supporter or player?

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    What involvement have you at valo newfm, supporter or player?
    Just a supporter really but probably been to more games than usual this year as my little boy playing for youth .

So what's everyone's thoughts on the big game this weekend? Personally I'd like to see maitland get the win and set themselves up for the promotion HOWEVER I think if the past statistics say anything, sadly, maitland seem to fall short in the big crucial matches. So I see valo getting up. I'll tip 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    So what's everyone's thoughts on the big game this weekend? Personally I'd like to see maitland get the win and set themselves up for the promotion HOWEVER I think if the past statistics say anything, sadly, maitland seem to fall short in the big crucial matches. So I see valo getting up. I'll tip 3-1
    statistics show yes maitland do fall short, but i honestly hope that this is their year. the area needs an npl side. tipping 2-0 to the pies

everyones thought for sundays match is it one of if not the biggest game for the comp in the last few seasons

Maitland to go down 1-0 early to eventually win 3-1

It'll be interesting to see whether Phoenix play their usual game, and attack and retain possession, or whether they'll go super defensive and hold out for the draw and then take the comp of goal difference. Lower teams have shown that Maitland haven't had their usual goal-scoring ability when facing up against man-marking defenders - I wonder whether Valentine will attempt to perform a similar shutout as a draw should be enough for them. Anyone know of any player ins/outs for either team?

Wish I could get there to watch this one. Like I said earlier in this thread - I think Maitland have a better team and deserve promotion just a little more than Phoenix do, but I'll be happy for either team to get promoted as they're both great.
    OK

Maitland "as per your program", 100% and raring to go. Should be a good clash.
    I think the crowd for old boys day will get the pies home.

Just heard due to the rain good chance game will be off....

Toronto v Singo is off .... Called last night after they saw the state of the ground after the Rugby League was finished with it.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Good luck to all teams today. However, hope all goes good up Maitland way and those Magpies go crazy this afternoon. Liking the idea of these local derbys happening…. at least for another season. NO I don't believe or agree that two teams should/will be promoted!

0-0 @ half-time Bel Swans v Thornton. Very little to report in a scrappy 1st half. Have heard Maitland are up 1-0

2-0 maitland so far

2-0 full time. Maitlands promotion to lose

Bel Swans v Thornton finished 1-1. Pretty ordinary match which only livened up after Thornton scored against the run of play about 20mins into the 2nd half

Glad to see Maitland shake off their past big game demons although their job isn't done they've got a few games to hold out. On to the game itself and I must say that at the end of the day Maitland absolutely dominated Valo, they weren't near the same class of team as each other today.