Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I think your criticism of a Youth Grade sides celebrations after full time in a Grand Final win is ridiculous. This is a group of young men who have played all season for that day and won... What did you expect them to go shake hands and have a stretch? Honestly wake up to yourself. The other two games saw the winning team run and jump and enjoy the moment of winning a grand final.

There were some bad tackles from both sides that probably deserved cards but the referee did a good job I thought. Didn't see the ball go over the line in the first half but since you're obviously so one-eyed about the game perhaps try and discredit Maitlands second goal as well? If Cessnock weren't good enough to take their chances then maybe that's why they finished 12 points behind Maitland on the table.

Fortunately, you can watch Cessnock all of next season without having to worry about any decisions going Maitlands way, any bad tackles, whinging or celebrations.
I don't support Cessnock Sunshine. I just call it as I see it.

As for the celebrations Valo U22's were a lot more reserved in their celebrations. Arms raised at the whistle and then made the effort to shake hands with Thornton boys

I am sure they still enjoyed winning the GF but didn't carry on and were not over the top in their celebrations.

As for Maitland's second goal it was a shit goal to conceed with keeper letting the ball through on the near post like that. The keeper barely made much effort to stop it and I think he misjudged it and thought she was going wide.