Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Valo 4 Redbacks 0

Valo 3 redbacks 0.
    Redbacks done really good and if not for some bad referee calls could've been a draw.

Redbacks did OK Elude, it's a stretch to blame the ref, Valo tore them apart and if old mate scored a couple of the 4 one v ones with the keeper in the first half it could have easily been 5-0.

What about the state of this competition. Completely a 2 horse race. Federation should promote both teams as its embarrassing. To be half way through a season and top 2 teams so far ahead is a joke to newcastle football....

What other country or league in the world can you lose 1 game and draw 1 game all season and not be the winner which is a clear possibility for both valentine and Maitland.

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    What about the state of this competition. Completely a 2 horse race. Federation should promote both teams as its embarrassing. To be half way through a season and top 2 teams so far ahead is a joke to newcastle football....

What other country or league in the world can you lose 1 game and draw 1 game all season and not be the winner which is a clear possibility for both valentine and Maitland.
    Agree with you. Have a look at the fixtures. Maitland do not need anymore help getting promotion to NPL. Northern cut number of teams a few years back now & may have had something to do with the quality of the bottom teams.

Say you promote 2 teams to NBN, then the next year what if Belswans spend money or make a push for the top spot, and go through undefeated. When do we draw the line? Perhaps we should be focussing on relegating the weaker teams from NEWFM and promoting teams from below.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Say you promote 2 teams to NBN, then the next year what if Belswans spend money or make a push for the top spot, and go through undefeated. When do we draw the line? Perhaps we should be focussing on relegating the weaker teams from NEWFM and promoting teams from below.
    People seem to be under the impression Northern NEVER offer to promote a club to NewFM? It is up to the clubs to make an application to be considered for the competition, as it stands only 2 clubs have anything more than a year by year position in NewFM (the exceptions are Maitland and Valentine who already hold NPL licences).

If your in a club that's in ZPL then get involved on your committee, get involved and read the critieria, get in and help bring the club up to meet the min standards and get them to apply. It is no good sitting on the sideline bemoaning "lack of promotion" if those clubs themselves are not being proactive in getting promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I'm under the impression that only Valo and maitland hold the licenses for the criteria needed for the NPL making it irrelevant even if belswans won the comp. At this stage there are 2 competent teams especially compared to the rest of this league. And both teams qualify off the pitch aswell. Just seems common sense to me

Redbacks 2- wesy 0

I'm under the impression that only Valo and maitland hold the licenses for the criteria needed for the NPL making it irrelevant even if belswans won the comp. At this stage there are 2 competent teams especially compared to the rest of this league. And both teams qualify off the pitch aswell. Just seems common sense to me
    I was under the impression every club but Singleton had said licences?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Singleton and Thornton i thought

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Yeah it's only Singleton and Thornton without NPL licences but only 2 club are qualified to promote being Valo & Maitland.

Thats the word I have been told anyway.

It wasn't long a go that the Scottish premier league was a 2 horse race as was Spain not long a go.
    What's with all the id people bagging this comp. go back to ya id thread and get this one back to talking about results and other news.

So the game was off at Singleton at the weekend , does anbody live up in Singleton that can confirm just hpw bad the weather was up there please

Not that I am questioning the decision (perhaps just a little) but not sure I can remember games getting called off up there before.

I know we should not listen to rumours as most are nothing near true but we were told that Singleton had a function that lots of the players attended on Friday evening and shock game of next day.

Also very close game at Belswans I see with them and Maitland . The Newcastle Herald said today late winner for Maitland.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    So the game was off at Singleton at the weekend , does anbody live up in Singleton that can confirm just hpw bad the weather was up there please

Not that I am questioning the decision (perhaps just a little) but not sure I can remember games getting called off up there before.
    I have no idea about what the field there was like..
    BUT, my job entails that I measure the level/flow of rivers out around there a lot, and their levels had started rising Fri morning and peaking at about 11pm that night..
    So I would say we can assume there was a bit of rain..

Alternatively we could just wait for a Singo bloke to confirm it.. ..

I know we should not listen to rumours as most are nothing near true but we were told that Singleton had a function that lots of the players attended on Friday evening and shock game of next day.
    I heard a rumour that singleton made it rain on the day of the match below is a link to the BOM site for singo 4.6 mm that day
    http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/w...stn_num=061397

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yeah it's only Singleton and Thornton without NPL licences but only 2 club are qualified to promote being Valo & Maitland.

Thats the word I have been told anyway.

Have confirmed with person who attended the NewFM CLub meeting prior to the season launch.

Singleton and Thornton did not apply for NPL Licences

West Wallsend received one but handed it back in voluntarily prior to the meeting as they did not field the required youth sides.

Cessnock received theirs but had youth teams in the wrong ages and Northern advised they would take under consideration but likely would not qualify to retain Licence.

Belswans advised they would not field the youth sides due to a potential clash with Swansea Juniors academy and thus forfeited their NPL Licences on that basis.

Maitland and Valetine both retain NPL Licences

Toronto also did not field youth sides and were thus not in a position to retain the NPL Licence.

All clubs except Thornton and Singo applied and received their NPL Licence initially, but a condition of the NPL Licence was the youth sides playing under the same entity as the senior side so when a majority of the remaining clubs came to March were to be technical in breach of the Licence and voided it. Those clubs that did not meet that criteria no longer hold NPL Licences.

During initial discussion the reason the youth teams are such a mandatory condition is not so clubs have teams to automatically insert into the NPL Youth comps, clubs can field sides in A D or J grades for all Northern care, but to satisfy the club is able to manage and organise youth sides on top of their senior commitments.

Personally, I think most clubs will forgo bothering about the NPL Licence unless they believe they can challenge for the Premiership that next season (you must hold the NPL Licence prior to Round 1). Aside from that, clubs do not need the headaches of competing with local junior clubs for players/coaches to fulfil a requirement they will likely not use.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    It wasn't long a go that the Scottish premier league was a 2 horse race as was Spain not long a go.
    What's with all the id people bagging this comp. go back to ya id thread and get this one back to talking about results and other news.
    Agree..... in the past seasons in the NPL comp there are only two teams with a realistic shot. That being Magic and someone else! I think that the NEWFM comp is becoming way more competitive, with not a lot of difference between 3rd and 8th placed teams. A few quality players in the bottom 6 teams would sure up the closeness of the comp even further.
    As for promoting 2 teams... it won't happen. It seems every year that there are two teams in battle for promotion and supporters from one team (maybe it's insecurity???) gets on here banging on about promoting 2 teams. Well everyone knew the rules at the start of the season - get over it will ya's!

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Also very close game at Belswans I see with them and Maitland . The Newcastle Herald said today late winner for Maitland.
    Yep... great game to watch. Maitland scored winner in the last minute of normal time. Ripped the guts out of the "Regal Swans". At least I won't call that Juddy bloke a prick this week..... he didn't bother the score board.