Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

  1. #661
    Thornton0-0 Toronto

  2. #662
    Senior Member seldom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by outdated View Post
    Thornton0-0 Toronto
    give us a summary champ...lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

  3. #663
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    117
    If true that Adamstown have our grand final I think that is a poor decision by Northern . If there was no grounds for a current newfm team to be able to host such an occasion then yes I would agree but this i believe not to be the case.

    I have been to Toronoto and they could host , I have been to Maitland and they could host , I have been to West Wallsend and they could host and never been to Cessnock but many on here are saying they could host.

    On football matters it is going to be a lot at stake at Maitland V Valentine this weekend and looking very much like winner takes all. Do to work sunday but starting to feel a little ill and might not make work this weekend Ha Ha

  4. #664
    Maitland yesterday against Singo

    19s 6-1
    22s 8-0
    1sts 4-1

  5. #665
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    170
    Adamstown to host Newfm grandfinal & WPL semis & grandfinal.
    Confirmed by Northern this afternoon

  6. #666
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    If true that Adamstown have our grand final I think that is a poor decision by Northern . If there was no grounds for a current newfm team to be able to host such an occasion then yes I would agree but this i believe not to be the case.

    I have been to Toronoto and they could host , I have been to Maitland and they could host , I have been to West Wallsend and they could host and never been to Cessnock but many on here are saying they could host.

    On football matters it is going to be a lot at stake at Maitland V Valentine this weekend and looking very much like winner takes all. Do to work sunday but starting to feel a little ill and might not make work this weekend Ha Ha
    What involvement have you at valo newfm, supporter or player?

  7. #667
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    What involvement have you at valo newfm, supporter or player?
    Just a supporter really but probably been to more games than usual this year as my little boy playing for youth .

  8. #668
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,051
    So what's everyone's thoughts on the big game this weekend? Personally I'd like to see maitland get the win and set themselves up for the promotion HOWEVER I think if the past statistics say anything, sadly, maitland seem to fall short in the big crucial matches. So I see valo getting up. I'll tip 3-1

  9. #669
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    So what's everyone's thoughts on the big game this weekend? Personally I'd like to see maitland get the win and set themselves up for the promotion HOWEVER I think if the past statistics say anything, sadly, maitland seem to fall short in the big crucial matches. So I see valo getting up. I'll tip 3-1
    statistics show yes maitland do fall short, but i honestly hope that this is their year. the area needs an npl side. tipping 2-0 to the pies

  10. #670
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    hunter
    Posts
    283
    everyones thought for sundays match is it one of if not the biggest game for the comp in the last few seasons

    Maitland to go down 1-0 early to eventually win 3-1

  11. #671
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,283
    It'll be interesting to see whether Phoenix play their usual game, and attack and retain possession, or whether they'll go super defensive and hold out for the draw and then take the comp of goal difference. Lower teams have shown that Maitland haven't had their usual goal-scoring ability when facing up against man-marking defenders - I wonder whether Valentine will attempt to perform a similar shutout as a draw should be enough for them. Anyone know of any player ins/outs for either team?

    Wish I could get there to watch this one. Like I said earlier in this thread - I think Maitland have a better team and deserve promotion just a little more than Phoenix do, but I'll be happy for either team to get promoted as they're both great.
    OK

  12. #672
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    13
    Maitland "as per your program", 100% and raring to go. Should be a good clash.
    I think the crowd for old boys day will get the pies home.

  13. #673
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    104
    Just heard due to the rain good chance game will be off....

  14. #674
    Senior Member The Postman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    500
    Toronto v Singo is off .... Called last night after they saw the state of the ground after the Rugby League was finished with it.

  15. #675
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Posts
    291
    Good luck to all teams today. However, hope all goes good up Maitland way and those Magpies go crazy this afternoon. Liking the idea of these local derbys happening…. at least for another season. NO I don't believe or agree that two teams should/will be promoted!

  16. #676
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Abermain
    Posts
    196
    0-0 @ half-time Bel Swans v Thornton. Very little to report in a scrappy 1st half. Have heard Maitland are up 1-0

  17. #677
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,574
    2-0 maitland so far

  18. #678
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,574
    2-0 full time. Maitlands promotion to lose

  19. #679
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Abermain
    Posts
    196
    Bel Swans v Thornton finished 1-1. Pretty ordinary match which only livened up after Thornton scored against the run of play about 20mins into the 2nd half

  20. #680
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,051
    Glad to see Maitland shake off their past big game demons although their job isn't done they've got a few games to hold out. On to the game itself and I must say that at the end of the day Maitland absolutely dominated Valo, they weren't near the same class of team as each other today.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •