Redbacks 4-0 stags. Stags were too old and to slow
    Predictions
    Maitland
    Valo
    Swans
    Redbacks
    Hornets or Singo
    stags or westy
    I think 4th place is up for any of them. Just depends who turns up to play each week. From the games I go to they are all quite capable of 4th and any of then could get wooden spoon. Hard to make predictions I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Elude View Post
    I think 4th place is up for any of them. Just depends who turns up to play each week. From the games I go to they are all quite capable of 4th and any of then could get wooden spoon. Hard to make predictions I think.
    Probably the tightest in years for 4th, especially with the new look singleton under the ex toronto coach. Westy are also capable of beating any of the bottom 5. I think Thornton deserve slight favouritism.

Surely this is one of the worst comps in newy football... It's a bit like the Spanish competition up until this year, 2 great sides and the rest are crap fighting it out for 2 finals spots knowing they will get hammered by the top 2 teams anyway!!

so what, football is football. Aussies 'gunna get hammered at world cup', we're still gunna bloody support em

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    so what, football is football. Aussies 'gunna get hammered at world cup', we're still gunna bloody support em

You would expect the second best comp in newcastle to be a whole heap better!!

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Surely this is one of the worst comps in newy football... It's a bit like the Spanish competition up until this year, 2 great sides and the rest are crap fighting it out for 2 finals spots knowing they will get hammered by the top 2 teams anyway!!
    Not sure i'd class any side in this comp 'great''. Maitland,Valo and singo have money the rest are scraping by by my understanding.If its that bad of a comp maybe not watch it champ.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Not sure i'd class any side in this comp 'great''. Maitland,Valo and singo have money the rest are scraping by by my understanding.If its that bad of a comp maybe not watch it champ.
    I don't watch it champ!! After painfully sitting through 2 games without poking my eyes out was enough to never want to watch another game (excluding the top 2 teams).. What that says to me is it a weak comp and considering it's the second best comp in newy that's a problem.
    All my original comment was about is how bad the comp is, the table proves my point so I don't think it's debatable chump!!

it isn't the second best comp in newcastle

zpl first grade is. good soccer and rarely any cricket scores. What happens when you have promotion and religation between 4 leagues !

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    it isn't the second best comp in newcastle

zpl first grade is. good soccer and rarely any cricket scores. What happens when you have promotion and religation between 4 leagues !
    Totally agree with this comment!!!

You would expect the second best comp in newcastle to be a whole heap better!!
    I believe it would be IF we had a community of football players who had the desire to play at the highest level their ability allowed, instead we have some doing that and some being more concerned with being extremely overpaid by amateur football clubs because they believe they deserve to.

Personally, I wish all association clubs were banned from player payments full stop. Put that money into real development, coaches, junior skill camps, facilities, better equipment etc

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    I believe it would be IF we had a community of football players who had the desire to play at the highest level their ability allowed, instead we have some doing that and some being more concerned with being extremely overpaid by amateur football clubs because they believe they deserve to.

Personally, I wish all association clubs were banned from player payments full stop. Put that money into real development, coaches, junior skill camps, facilities, better equipment etc
    U have a really good point and I totally agree!
    What about no worrying about clubs having certain criteria maybe except for the money when it comes to promotion into NEW FM league? Because the way the promotion relegation is u basically can't drop out of this comp only go up, make it easier for the clubs below to be able to go up because some of the clubs in this comp have average facilities

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post

Your right.This was my point regarding the NewFM comp.Some teams have money some don't.Agree there's overpaid players running around but can't see this changing tbh.

Totally agree with this comment!!!

You just have 3 teams in NewFM that have NBN league quality players, where as the rest have ZPL quality players.
    Most of the players playing in ZPL went there because they couldn't get into the top NEWFM teams and don't want to get a hiding from the top NewFM teams by playing for one of the bottom NewFM teams.
    So it is easier to go play ZPL.

The top ZPL teams would not compete with the likes of Maitland and Pheonix, they would however with Cessnock, Toronto etc because they have ZPL quality players playing for them.

I get sick of hearing the top 4 ZPL teams would match it with the top NewFM teams.
    That's not true, they would match it with the mid table teams.

Does it make ZPL a stronger comp? NO, it makes it a more even comp.
    The quality of players are still better in NewFM even if it is from only the top 4 teams.
    You chuck maitland in the ZPL comp this year nobody will come close.
    You take Maitland and Pheonix out of the NewFM along with West Wallsend and Singo comp then you don't have cricket scores, you have a tight comp.

True

Rumour mill has started early this year on coaching....... for next season that is.

Belswans will be under new guidance come 2015

West Wallsend are making no secret they will be interviewing

And it seems Singleton may also be entering the fray sooner rather than later in establishing (but not necessarily announcing) a coach for 2015.

Does it seem odd that clubs and coaches are already looking with one eye to 2015 before half the season of 2014 is over?