Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You just have 3 teams in NewFM that have NBN league quality players, where as the rest have ZPL quality players.
    Most of the players playing in ZPL went there because they couldn't get into the top NEWFM teams and don't want to get a hiding from the top NewFM teams by playing for one of the bottom NewFM teams.
    So it is easier to go play ZPL.

The top ZPL teams would not compete with the likes of Maitland and Pheonix, they would however with Cessnock, Toronto etc because they have ZPL quality players playing for them.

I get sick of hearing the top 4 ZPL teams would match it with the top NewFM teams.
    That's not true, they would match it with the mid table teams.

Does it make ZPL a stronger comp? NO, it makes it a more even comp.
    The quality of players are still better in NewFM even if it is from only the top 4 teams.
    You chuck maitland in the ZPL comp this year nobody will come close.
    You take Maitland and Pheonix out of the NewFM along with West Wallsend and Singo comp then you don't have cricket scores, you have a tight comp.
    I disagree, there is only 2 strong teams in NEWFM, zone teams have beaten teams in this comp! Take thornton. 3 years ago in the old id1 which is ZPL now, they came second last and got promoted to NEWFM just because they got a cash injection! Dudley who are now in ZPL were always top 4 in NEWFM but got put back because of facilities! Swansea beat belswans in a trial and I'm certain that besides the top 2 teams in NEWFM that no other team would win the comp easily in ZPL if they were dropped back to that comp even if they kept the same team!

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    Rumour mill has started early this year on coaching....... for next season that is.

Belswans will be under new guidance come 2015

West Wallsend are making no secret they will be interviewing

And it seems Singleton may also be entering the fray sooner rather than later in establishing (but not necessarily announcing) a coach for 2015.

Does it seem odd that clubs and coaches are already looking with one eye to 2015 before half the season of 2014 is over?
    I think a lot of these clubs expect the coaches to perform miracles with limited funds and average players and when it doesnt happen they opt for a new coach.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    Rumour mill has started early this year on coaching....... for next season that is.

Belswans will be under new guidance come 2015

West Wallsend are making no secret they will be interviewing

And it seems Singleton may also be entering the fray sooner rather than later in establishing (but not necessarily announcing) a coach for 2015.

Does it seem odd that clubs and coaches are already looking with one eye to 2015 before half the season of 2014 is over?
    BelSwans committee was informed several weeks ago that "Shooter" would be stepping down at the end of 2014..... no big rumour there! I think that coaches should be honest about their intentions and clubs should be organised and have things in place as soon as they can. The earlier the better I think. No real dramas when Damo announced he wouldn't be coaching at magic a couple of years ago. Is there any difference?

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    I disagree, there is only 2 strong teams in NEWFM, zone teams have beaten teams in this comp! Take thornton. 3 years ago in the old id1 which is ZPL now, they came second last and got promoted to NEWFM just because they got a cash injection! Dudley who are now in ZPL were always top 4 in NEWFM but got put back because of facilities! Swansea beat belswans in a trial and I'm certain that besides the top 2 teams in NEWFM that no other team would win the comp easily in ZPL if they were dropped back to that comp even if they kept the same team!
    Which ZPL team do you support?

Disagree all you like, facts are facts.
    Dudley was never as strong as Adamstown that won it last year, Lambton that won it the year before, Charlestown and lakes before that!
    The top ZPL side wouldn't beat Maitland this year.
    The top ZPL side last year wouldn't have beat Adamstown the year before, nor Lambton, Charlestown or Lakes.

You cant take anything from Trial games, Lakes beat Magic in a trial game this year. Lambton drew with Adamstown in a trial game, beat them 5-0 in competition game on weekend. Teams are trying things in trials, giving fringe players runs etc..

I didn't say the top 4. I said take the top 2 teams out and bottom 2 out of the comp and it becomes a competitive comp.
    I also believe that the bottom team in ZPL wouldn't beat the bottom team in NewFM.
    So I cannot agree that ZPL is a stronger comp.

I actually did say ZPL teams could compete with the likes of Thornton, Toronto Cessnock etc..
    Not the top 2 teams though, your kidding yourself if you think they would.

I agree the top 4 teams in ZPL could come in and compete in the NEWFM but wouldn't win it.

Totally agree. Leaves clubs in a big hole if the coach doesn't let them know until late in the season. Look at Chapman and Adamstown, stuffed Adamstown up completely by him leaving it so late.

Disagree all you like, facts are facts.
    Dudley was never as strong as Adamstown that won it last year, Lambton that won it the year before, Charlestown and lakes before that!
    The top ZPL side wouldn't beat Maitland this year.
    The top ZPL side last year wouldn't have beat Adamstown the year before, nor Lambton, Charlestown or Lakes.

You cant take anything from Trial games, Lakes beat Magic in a trial game this year. Lambton drew with Adamstown in a trial game, beat them 5-0 in competition game on weekend. Teams are trying things in trials, giving fringe players runs etc..

I didn't say the top 4. I said take the top 2 teams out and bottom 2 out of the comp and it becomes a competitive comp.
    I also believe that the bottom team in ZPL wouldn't beat the bottom team in NewFM.
    So I cannot agree that ZPL is a stronger comp.

I actually did say ZPL teams could compete with the likes of Thornton, Toronto Cessnock etc..
    Not the top 2 teams though, your kidding yourself if you think they would.

I agree the top 4 teams in ZPL could come in and compete in the NEWFM but wouldn't win it.
    You obviously need to read what I have said, everything I said I have excluded the top 2 teams in NEWFM champ!!
    Take those 2 teams out and the remaining 6 are no stronger than the top 4 sides in ZPL.
    If u want a stronger NEWFM they need to relax the ridiculous criteria that clubs need to meet, would make for a stronger comp in NEWFM if the bottom team actually got relegated and didn't just stay there and get pumped 10 and 12 nil

You obviously need to read what I have said, everything I said I have excluded the top 2 teams in NEWFM champ!!
    Take those 2 teams out and the remaining 6 are no stronger than the top 4 sides in ZPL.
    If u want a stronger NEWFM they need to relax the ridiculous criteria that clubs need to meet, would make for a stronger comp in NEWFM if the bottom team actually got relegated and didn't just stay there and get pumped 10 and 12 nil
    CHAMP!
    you obviously misread my original post that said exactly t he same thing you arguing with me about.

and totally agree with relaxing the criteria and having a stronger NewFM comp, as my post said I think the top 4 ZPL teams would compete with the middle of the table teams maybe even push for one of those top 4 spots.
    the NEWfm competition would only be stronger by replacing the bottom 4 teams with the top 4 teams.
    Totally agree, poor Singo have been last placed for as long as I can remember

CHAMP!
    you obviously misread my original post that said exactly t he same thing you arguing with me about.

and totally agree with relaxing the criteria and having a stronger NewFM comp, as my post said I think the top 4 ZPL teams would compete with the middle of the table teams maybe even push for one of those top 4 spots.
    the NEWfm competition would only be stronger by replacing the bottom 4 teams with the top 4 teams.
    Totally agree, poor Singo have been last placed for as long as I can remember
    I'm glad we finally agree lol we got there eventually!
    Yeah I was just trying to say that it would be so much better for newcastle football if they could make the NEWFM comp stronger.. I know of a fair few players playing in ZPL simply for the fact is it's a harder comp!!
    Not sure NNSWF will change anything though so I guess we just have to get used to a lop sided comp!

I'm glad we finally agree lol we got there eventually!
    Yeah I was just trying to say that it would be so much better for newcastle football if they could make the NEWFM comp stronger.. I know of a fair few players playing in ZPL simply for the fact is it's a harder comp!!
    Not sure NNSWF will change anything though so I guess we just have to get used to a lop sided comp!
    Make newfm stronger or more even?

I also find this grade is ruined by having "those 2 teams" so far ahead at the top each year. This tends to make many games a pointless excercise.

NPL 12 team comp, 2 rounds.
    Top 2 from ZPL move up to newfm.
    At end of day whats more important, "good" facilities or more football/tighter tougher comp?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    NPL 12 team comp, 2 rounds.
    Top 2 from ZPL move up to newfm.
    At end of day whats more important, "good" facilities or more football/tighter tougher comp?
    From the meeting notes from one club I saw it was very briefly mentioned at the Secretaries meeting, during pre-season, for NewFm that Northern were considering increasing the clubs in NewFM although I do not believe any of the clubs have actively had any discussions with Northern about this.

If the higher ZPL clubs are really interested perhaps they should be taking the initiative and contacting the NewFM clubs and seeing what thoughts are out there, it is after all something the current clubs would discuss at their meeting and voice an opinion to Northern on.

No near enough talent for 12 team comp, been tried before and failed,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Amen

In NPL or Newfm?

maybe it didn't back then, but now with 12 teams there is more opportunity for the u20s to play against quality players. Currently older players are put out to pasture (ZPL and over age).
    maybe it failed in the past, but is it great now?

Quote Originally Posted by imyourhero View Post
    in npl or newfm?
    npl

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    In NPL or Newfm?
    Npl

Quote Originally Posted by outdated View Post
    maybe it didn't back then, but now with 12 teams there is more opportunity for the u20s to play against quality playersz. Currently older players are put out to pasture (ZPL and over age).
    maybe it failed in the past, but is it great now?
    You answered it yourself, more under 20s equals less experience equals huge gaps in quality equals comp split in two, 2 extra teams are not going to create to many extra spots

The 12 team NPL comp was more an idea i threw out more focusing on an example of how to specifically strengthen Newfm.
    However as the guys have said, they've tried it in the past and it failed.
    I guess in the end you'd rather #1 have a tight, tough NPL and unfortunetly the lower leagues have to suffer the consequences.