Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Valo 3 - Lakes 3

Good game considering conditions , well done to both teams

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Believe the annual BelSwans v's Dudley Shield games are on this weekend at "Beautiful Blacksmiths". Always a great day with great blokes from both clubs. Will have to "shine the nest" on Sunday for the imminent arrival of those Dudley "lads".
    Last edited by sancho_theswan; 21-02-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: forgot the date!!!! sorry????

Looking forward to the swans playing their sister club phoenix this year, only jokes sancho

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Looking forward to the swans playing their sister club phoenix this year, only jokes sancho
    I was told they were joining as 1 club lol. God that rumour did the rounds

Wtf is going on at Westy? I just read this on the NNSWF website http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/index.php?id=3

Currently looking for a new coach, hopefully they regroup and get back to the bluebells of old,

So smithy has gone? Big problems blue bells hope they can turn it around

Westy couldn't fill 3 teams today against Toronto today???

19s was called off, just 23s and 1st Grade played.

Toronto won both, 1-0 and 3-0 I'm told, apparently could have been a lot more.

So greg smith has left ?

So
    Greg smith has left ? Hahaha

Valentine beat lambton 1-0 on Saturday. Looked strong

Great result for Valo against a almost full Jaffas and will give confidence for season ahead - however can I ask people's views on the following

not sure what valo can take from the game as it was pretty much nine behind the ball and only a striker left up too to chase nothing all game

Don't get me wrong its shows can with stand pressure from a top team but is getting a result really that important in a trial game that you set our to just defend in a trial game and forfeit trying stuff out going forward ?

Just my thoughts

Depends on what your philosophy is on what trial games are for.

My thoughts are that they are for trying things to test if they will work in preparation for using them in the season when it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Depends on what your philosophy is on what trial games are for.

My thoughts are that they are for trying things to test if they will work in preparation for using them in the season when it matters.

Yeh kind of my thoughts as well . I guess if the trial was to determine how much the back four can take then great it worked but who in this comp is going to give a game like Jaffas did ?

Valo I feel got more of an idea of the ability of the players against lakes the week previous where they actually took part in the game rather than what happened on saturday against Jaffas.

Did anyone else from NewFM play this weekend ? Jaffas have Maitland this week I think.

Saw this game, I would be filthy If I was Jaffas. You play trial games to work on shape and how you want to play in the season.
    If Valo play like that they will be drawing every game 0-0.
    They got a goal early after Alex Palotsi was checked and the ref didn't see it!
    Whoever said Valo looks strong is off their head. They sat with 5 across the 18 yard box, 4 in front of them and some Scottish bloke up front chasing Shite all day.
    I never saw Valo not even once have possession in their attacking 3rd.
    The Jaffas had the ball for 95% of the game, and had what seemed like 30 shots to Valentines 3.
    The guy from the jets with the blonde hair for Jaffas missed 3 one on ones, John Maj had a bomb tipped over by the keeper and missed a sitter from 6 yards, Palotsi missed an open goal, dino Faj should have had 3, and they also missed an open goal.
    I know who would be happier of the 2 teams about they way they played. Jaffas moved the ball well and some passing passages between Macpherson Maj and Jobe were Brilliant.

I don't think Valo will get too many more trial games after that one from NBN teams next year.
    My mail was that they got a touch up from Olympic and didn't want t o concede any for confidence so so they sat back all game.

They did defend well, but of you are not going to move 5 guys from the 18 yard line all game, your not going to win many, they wouldn't have strung more then 3 passes together all game, and were totally outplayed the whole game!
    It was like watching the Chelsea Westham 0-0 game, Chelsea through everything at them but the ball just wouldn't go in.
    Valo will need a good ball session to know what its like to have the ball at your feet rather than defend for 89 mins!

Jaffas will be loving this result and will play down their chances of doing well like they did last year to take the pressure off them!

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Yeh kind of my thoughts as well . I guess if the trial was to determine how much the back four can take then great it worked but who in this comp is going to give a game like Jaffas did ?

Valo I feel got more of an idea of the ability of the players against lakes the week previous where they actually took part in the game rather than what happened on saturday against Jaffas.

Did anyone else from NewFM play this weekend ? Jaffas have Maitland this week I think.
    Cessnock were beaten 4-2 by Barnsley yesterday afternoon
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

What is going on at Toronto and Cessnock and Westy ? heard they are taking batterings in trial games against lower grades ? Not that pre-season scores mean everything but bloody hell , a poor Cessnock , poor toronto and poor westy just make this league even more of a joke than it currently is.

Again flames the debate for criteria to be relaxed to let quality ZPL teams in the door.

Valo must be gutted that they are in this comp this season and will be now be making extra sure they get out first time.

Don't forget Thornton they were belted 5-1 by Mayfield on the weekend, it is what it is a second rate league. How this division can be a serious stepping stone to NPL is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    What is going on at Toronto and Cessnock and Westy ? heard they are taking batterings in trial games against lower grades ? Not that pre-season scores mean everything but bloody hell , a poor Cessnock , poor toronto and poor westy just make this league even more of a joke than it currently is.

Again flames the debate for criteria to be relaxed to let quality ZPL teams in the door.

Valo must be gutted that they are in this comp this season and will be now be making extra sure they get out first time.
    Word is Westy are gone. Will be a bye

Who have toronto lost to, NEWFM 2014?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Word is Westy are gone. Will be a bye
    Wow... absolute shame