Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Ventured out at watched pies vs thornton yesterday.

First thing that court my attention was the thornton u19 coach giving his keeper an absolute bollocking and shouting "what the f***ing hell is he taking the goal kicks for he cant get it past f***ing halfway" i mean fair enough thinking but theres no need to shout it and i heard it clearly 30m away" which is thought wasnt neccasary.

Secondly can anyone tell me if people are defending the valo forwards how they are the maitland forwards.
    Toronton played 6-3-1 and thornton done the same thing yesterday. Having atleast 2 players on ben martin and luke lawless at all times. Shitty way to play football but its certainly drying the goals up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    Ventured out at watched pies vs thornton yesterday.

First thing that court my attention was the thornton u19 coach giving his keeper an absolute bollocking and shouting "what the f***ing hell is he taking the goal kicks for he cant get it past f***ing halfway" i mean fair enough thinking but theres no need to shout it and i heard it clearly 30m away" which is thought wasnt neccasary.

Secondly can anyone tell me if people are defending the valo forwards how they are the maitland forwards.
    Toronton played 6-3-1 and thornton done the same thing yesterday. Having atleast 2 players on ben martin and luke lawless at all times. Shitty way to play football but its certainly drying the goals up.
    Took the chance myself to go watch Maitland as was up in hunter valley in the evening and must admit I thought the same thing .

Thornton never looked like taking the game to Maitland and but for a late chance that could have been a real coup for valo the home team just wanted to sit with everyone behind the ball which surprised me given they have gotten themselves into a finals position

Going to be a cracking game in two weeks and probably valo's biggest game in a few years and guess what !!!! I am meant to be on a night shift rota which sucks

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Took the chance myself to go watch Maitland as was up in hunter valley in the evening and must admit I thought the same thing .

Thornton never looked like taking the game to Maitland and but for a late chance that could have been a real coup for valo the home team just wanted to sit with everyone behind the ball which surprised me given they have gotten themselves into a finals position

Going to be a cracking game in two weeks and probably valo's biggest game in a few years and guess what !!!! I am meant to be on a night shift rota which sucks
    ive only watched valo once and that was when maitland beat valo 4-1 on a cold wednesday night, maitland have a huge 2 weeks coming up with singleton and then westy with valo's goal difference being quiet large.

i honestly believe on their day maitland are unbeatable in newfm and i really hope for the sake of football in the greater maitland area they do with the junior system and club culture they have in place it is a well deserved promotion if they are successful.

but 3 weeks time everyone should get to cook sqaure watch a cracking game

It'll be interesting to see whether the Maitland coach(es) have a Plan B to combat this structure that other teams are using against them. Obviously the head-to-head game of Phoenix v Maitland has to be the biggest game coming up for them, but they still probably need to overturn this goal difference.

I'd be more than happy if either Maitland or Phoenix went up - they're both great teams and seem to be run as clubs pretty well. From what I've seen though, I'd say I think Maitland have a better squad and would be better suited to NBN. But there's not much between them from what I've seen.
    OK

Valo would have to have a better squad, wouldn't they? Undefeated in 23's?

Westy had Valo quite concerned in the first half......... 0-0 un until the 39th minute and if they didn't allow a lapse of concentration with seconds to go would have been only 1-0 down at half time after missing a great chance themselves.

If I read their formation right they played 3 in the backline one of which was sweeping, 2 def mids, 3 mids who played a compact group and two forwards who played very wide on each side.
    Quite a decision with 3 in the backline considering they were against the top scoring side. It worked though, Valo's full backs were reluctant to come forward because of how wide Westy's forwards played, the two centre backs marked up well and the midfield numbers meant Valo couldn't play that short passing movement style.

Fitness eventually took its toll and Valo got control and holes appeared but it was enjoying able at times to see a club leading the comp (players and esp the coaches) becoming so frustrated during that first half.

What was most noticeable was the total lack of anyone not a player of committee member at the ground. No one has to know the gate numbers to see it was by far the poorest turn out at a game at the ground all year. Very disappointing to see a possible premiership title club having such apathy in terms of supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'd be more than happy if either Maitland or Phoenix went up - they're both great teams and seem to be run as clubs pretty well. From what I've seen though, I'd say I think Maitland have a better squad and would be better suited to NBN. But there's not much between them from what I've seen.
    Assuming both teams kept those same squads I think Maitland would be the more competitive of the two moving directly in NBN, and I would like to see for geographic reasons them in the NBN comp.

But of course that's the huge unknown with promotion, players level of commitment, ages, work, payments expectations, new players willing to come to a club, the point system now in place.

Don't know much about Valo but have seen Maitlands playing roster and can understand why the weaker clubs pack their defence a little. You seem worried that Maitland are going to miss relegation on goal difference when really they should be focusing on a way to beat Valo.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Don't know much about Valo but have seen Maitlands playing roster and can understand why the weaker clubs pack their defence a little. You seem worried that Maitland are going to miss relegation on goal difference when really they should be focusing on a way to beat Valo.
    Absolutely understandable as to why lower sides were stacking the defensive line.

Comes across that way yes. Not that i ment for it to.

i believe that the coaching staff at maitland will find a way.

Grand Final????

Any word on final series venue yet?

If I read draw thee right way it is home/away again for semi finals but can't see anywhere that the Grand Final has been announced.

If it goes outside NewFM the clubs should demand someones head, maybe I am being cynical but if Magic's names get mentioned I will boycott the remainder of the season. New Fm should not be here to full NBN clubs coffers, they have already been doing that most years in State Cup matches.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    Any word on final series venue yet?
    To answer my own question ADAMSTOWN.......... so yet again NewFm money will go outside our own clubs and be handed to a NBN club. And the reasons....... while they are good enough to play on all year our grounds/facilites are not up to scratch.

Grandstand and Covered seating to be exact......... ever hard of a damn marquee if the weather looks bad Northern?????? And be honest, if its raining on GF day crowds will be down grand stand or not you short sighted wombats.

Hope they don't mind my saying but just got told by some of Westy's committee about this (it was announced this afternoon) and they are some very pissed off people as I am sure others around clubs will be this weekend. I'd suggest Eland not pick this weekend to turn up at a New FM game expecting any free food.

To answer my own question ADAMSTOWN.......... so yet again NewFm money will go outside our own clubs and be handed to a NBN club. And the reasons....... while they are good enough to play on all year our grounds/facilites are not up to scratch.

Grandstand and Covered seating to be exact......... ever hard of a damn marquee if the weather looks bad Northern?????? And be honest, if its raining on GF day crowds will be down grand stand or not you short sighted wombats.

Hope they don't mind my saying but just got told by some of Westy's committee about this (it was announced this afternoon) and they are some very pissed off people as I am sure others around clubs will be this weekend. I'd suggest Eland not pick this weekend to turn up at a New FM game expecting any free food.
    Agree totally. Ridiculous situation in my opinion. There are more than enough grounds suitable in the league to host such an event.

I'm sure a Zone League final will soften the blow a little. Not as big an event but still better than a kick in the teeth!!

Agree 100% with you on this. The Fed have this wrong and it should have gone to an NEWFM Club. If I was a supporter of Westy, Maitland, Toronto or Valo then I'd be filthy at this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    I'm sure a Zone League final will soften the blow a little. Not as big an event but still better than a kick in the teeth!!
    And then the poor old Zone League clubs miss out on revenue for their showpiece event.

How much more grandstand and covered seating does Atown have as opposed to Cessnock, Toronto, Maitland & Westy?
    OK

Just shows Northern only interested in NPL and see NEWFM as a cash cow. So when there new facility opens will all finals be played there meaning clubs will miss out completely and they take all the coin.

Toronto is the obvious choice IMO, pretty sure they going to be a neutral venue, most grandstand seating in the comp, surface is excellent this year, with the oversowing of rye grass, miles of room for marquees, new canteen facilities plenty of warm up area close by to the dressing sheds, the whole package, once again NNSW foul up.......... someone please tell me whats wrong with Lyall Peacock.
    Last edited by GO AWAY; 19-07-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Just shows Northern only interested in NPL and see NEWFM as a cash cow. So when there new facility opens will all finals be played there meaning clubs will miss out completely and they take all the coin.
    \

Im sure magic wont allow

I assume the reason Lyall is a no go is because is because of the Scorps. I just had a gander at the Newcastle RL draw and its more than likely they will have a Major or Minor Semi on the Saturday or Sunday.

We all know in Toronto, Rugby League is more important than Football unfortunately.