Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    What a brilliant result for you "Magpie Mullets" today. Please don't stuff things up in the last 3 games will yas. I'll be luvin the local derbies next year, stayin nestled atop me dugout, not flying home against the wind from wind-blown Cooks Square and not havin to cuss that Juddy bloke for being a "prick" when he scores against us haha. Shit I hope the Broadley boys don't aren't going to switch to Cessnock. Lakes is a lot better flight for me.
    Last edited by sancho_theswan; 27-07-2014 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Nothing

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Agreed… BelSwans dominated the first 60 mins. BelSwans let the game slip with some very poor finishing, went down 1-0 and rescued the game in the final minutes with a Joel Shearer goal. Why did the BelSwans central defender camp himself in the Thornton half for the last 10 mins?????

Well done to Maitland . I was not at the game but have heard from many that it was a very accurate reflection on the game and the better team won on the day.

It will now be interesting to see how both teams react over the final few weeks as the hunter now becomes the hunted.

Great game yesterday. Maitland were very impressive and have to say if they play like that in NPL next year they will be very competitive.

Massive crowd up there as well which is always a good sign

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Bit of a shame with the day they hosted and the big crowd that they won't be getting the Grand Final if they finish first..
    Novocastria Youth

Maitland completely dominated not only the First grade game but the day as a whole.
    19s wrapped up the premiership with a 6-0 win
    23s handed valo their first loss of the season 2-1
    1sts showed why they now sit on top of the table.
    Huge effort from the entire club on and off the pitch.
    Showed NNSW that their decision to take away the grand final from Maitland and instead host it in newy was not justified.
    Maitland is well run organisation and the day they put on was a massive success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Bit of a shame with the day they hosted and the big crowd that they won't be getting the Grand Final if they finish first..
    why?

How could they be taking it away when they never had it in the first place?

Heard there was around 1,000 people at the Maitland v Valo game? Can anybody that went to the game confirm this? If it's true thats a huge crowd for the NPL let alone the 1st division.

Do Maitland always have a large following or was this just a big crowd for the big game? Have also heard Valo have no support so it's a big thing for Maitland as a club if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Heard there was around 1,000 people at the Maitland v Valo game? Can anybody that went to the game confirm this? If it's true thats a huge crowd for the NPL let alone the 1st division.

Do Maitland always have a large following or was this just a big crowd for the big game? Have also heard Valo have no support so it's a big thing for Maitland as a club if true.
    I'm led to believe it was old boys day.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    How could they be taking it away when they never had it in the first place?
    Well not from an exact club but at the previous Competition Meeting Northern representitives were asked directly by multiple clubs if the grand final was to be held at a NewFM club and the response was that was Northern's intention to continue NewFM grand finals at NewFM clubs.

To then use covered seating as the reason for sending to an NBN club, and Adamstown at that, just cries of Northern continuing to care about only one competition. I wonder how many phone calls it took Adamstown crying poor to Eland before they decided to turn their back on the NewFM clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

I can confirm that Valo have little support. Saw the Westy v Valo game and for kick off of first grade Valentine had basically some stragglers from other grades remain and some officials. And at that point they were competition leaders. It was a bit pathetic really, not even their other grades showed much interest.

1000 people prob close to the mark, definitely a lot more than I was expecting. Street, car park and grassed area full. both sidelines basically shoulder to shoulder and change room end pretty much the same. Good game and good atmosphere, Maitland certainly put in a lot of work to make it a big day. Glad the ref wasn't the center of attention and even the linesman had a sense of humor.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    1000 people prob close to the mark, definitely a lot more than I was expecting. Street, car park and grassed area full. both sidelines basically shoulder to shoulder and change room end pretty much the same. Good game and good atmosphere, Maitland certainly put in a lot of work to make it a big day. Glad the ref wasn't the center of attention and even the linesman had a sense of humor.
    So if it is packed as you say it was and they only had 1000 how could they hope to host the GF.???

Pretty certain there was a lot more than 1k at last years New FM GF at Adamstown.

THE GF's should be at the best facilities possible. Northern should be spreading them NBN NEW FM ZPL etc around to the NPL sides as they have the best facilities.

It shouldn't be at Adamstown though as Weston Magic Jaffas have way better facilities and ain't hosting it

Absolute garbage a club should host the GF cause they had a good year.

Atowns pitch is horrendous atm too, luckily it should be a week of good weather.
    My only question in regards to the GF is how are the gate/canteen takings treated. IMO apart from $ to cover the costs to Atown on the day no profit should be sent their way. Assuming gate takings may go to northern also? Canteen profits should A. be given as prize money to promotion winner OR gf winner. B. spread evenly between the 2 final contenders or C. spread evenly between all teams in the competition.
    As I said though I don't know how it actually is that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Atowns pitch is horrendous atm too, luckily it should be a week of good weather.
    My only question in regards to the GF is how are the gate/canteen takings treated. IMO apart from $ to cover the costs to Atown on the day no profit should be sent their way. Assuming gate takings may go to northern also? Canteen profits should A. be given as prize money to promotion winner OR gf winner. B. spread evenly between the 2 final contenders or C. spread evenly between all teams in the competition.
    As I said though I don't know how it actually is that's just my opinion.
    We've had this discussion in the NPL/NBN thread for years.
    The general response there: Best facility so they should be rewarded.

However, in reality, I think gate takings go to NNSW.
    And canteen profits would go to Adamstown, since they are the ones catering. Suggestions were made that each club offers volunteers and split the spoils.

I think it is beneficial that these games be played at a top class venue. I remember the first time I played at Lakes as a junior and i was in Awe of the whole experience. I think players would have the same appreciation playing at one of these grounds.

However the issue of $$ is a big one. I agree, it doesn't seem fair for a NPL club to take advantage of NEWFM Grand Final day.

In my opinion. Host it at a good venue. Host club is compensated and profits capped. Extra profits shared among grand finalists or clubs who help on the day.

I dont think anyone is going to be in awe of playing at Adamstown...... they did it all for the last 5-6 years, its not like its a top class facility.

Time to move on people - If I was playing in it I wouldn't care where it was and I sure as hell don't care who gets what $ from it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    We've had this discussion in the NPL/NBN thread for years.
    The general response there: Best facility so they should be rewarded.

However, in reality, I think gate takings go to NNSW.
    And canteen profits would go to Adamstown, since they are the ones catering. Suggestions were made that each club offers volunteers and split the spoils.

I think it is beneficial that these games be played at a top class venue. I remember the first time I played at Lakes as a junior and i was in Awe of the whole experience. I think players would have the same appreciation playing at one of these grounds.

However the issue of $$ is a big one. I agree, it doesn't seem fair for a NPL club to take advantage of NEWFM Grand Final day.

In my opinion. Host it at a good venue. Host club is compensated and profits capped. Extra profits shared among grand finalists or clubs who help on the day.
    Some good points.

Disagree about rewarding the competing clubs in the GF a Financial boost.
    Take the NEWFM the competitiveness of the comp is a joke. Maitland and Valo and then daylight BelSwans Daylight More Daylight etc. The comp needs to be a bit more competitive and giving money to the top clubs ain't helping this.

To my way of thinking the money should from Canteen should be controlled. Handing it to Clubs is stupid as it just then ends up in paying playing squads next year.

Money should be put into subsidising Coaching/Refereeing Courses etc or Northern should be doling it out on Capital Works projects to improve standards of grounds for better lighting drainage seating roofing toilets etc etc so the Clubs grounds actually advance instead of rotting away

Got To ask, how is the Jaffas facility better than Adamstowns? magic - easy, Weston - bigger grandstand.....