Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Got To ask, how is the Jaffas facility better than Adamstowns? magic - easy, Weston - bigger grandstand.....
    Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down. Considering the history and size of Rosebuds they should have acquired a much better facility for themselves over the years than the run down place they have.

Lakes is another shocker. All those years there and the place is still a dive

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down. Considering the history and size of Rosebuds they should have acquired a much better facility for themselves over the years than the run down place they have.

Lakes is another shocker. All those years there and the place is still a dive
    Jaffas shouldn't host a NPL/NEWFM GF for a while, as much as I'm a Jaffas fan. The site simply isn't big enough, compared to either Darling St or Magic, for example.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down.
    Cannot agree here whatsoever.

I will give people that Magic has a better facility and I would be throwing Edgeworth in there too (obviously already having NPL GF would disqualify it from having NewFM as well). But no way does Lambton have a better facility than Adamstown.

Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down.
    Reminds me of that old line, are your eyes painted on?
    The whole grandstand was rebuilt about 6 years ago......

'Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down.'

Yea termites love chewing on concrete...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Reminds me of that old line, are your eyes painted on?
    The whole grandstand was rebuilt about 6 years ago......
    Glad to see they got value for money.

The ground is only marginally better than the Chicken Coop.

With all the Money Rosebuds have had over the years they have very little to show for it

Glad to see they got value for money.

The ground is only marginally better than the Chicken Coop.

With all the Money Rosebuds have had over the years they have very little to show for it
    Need a bit of a history lesson do we?
    Yes they had a licensed club at one point - now owned by Con. Lost it largely (from what I have been told) trying to stay in the NSL on player payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Time to move on people - If I was playing in it I wouldn't care where it was and I sure as hell don't care who gets what $ from it.
    Then I would suggest you are one of the many short sighted persons who take the competitions, grounds and clubs that have been built up for granted.

Go and ask you own club if they would like and extra $4-5,000 cash in the bank for one days work? What could they do with it?

It words like yours that allows Northern to continue to treat clubs like a means to an end and not as an equal partner in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Jaffas shouldn't host a NPL/NEWFM GF for a while, as much as I'm a Jaffas fan. The site simply isn't big enough, compared to either Darling St or Magic, for example.
    In recent years I've been to ID2s Grand Finals at Lakes, Westy & Hamilton. And I would probably put them in that order as to which fields out of them I'd choose for a NPL/NEWFM final, after Bmeadow & Edgy.

I haven't spent enough time at Atown or Lambton to really know about them, but I'd probably consider all the above options before choosing either of those TBH.
    OK

Yes they probably would like it but the vast majority of clubs have next to no chance of every getting the rights to host such an event. It becomes tideous watching as the vested few hijack this forum bagging rivaly clubs facilities to kingdom come to justify their own claims to the bounty or point of view. It is like watching a pack of stray dogs fighting over the megre scraps offered in the over tipped rubbish bin. If you were all about being an equal partner in the game surely NNSW should foot the bill and the profits be shared equally amongst the clubs within the competition. It's not, & I don't see many advocates for it, so therefore I have no interest, nor do I have an interest in reading constant posts of bellyaching, excuses and criticising others.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    In recent years I've been to ID2s Grand Finals at Lakes, Westy & Hamilton. And I would probably put them in that order as to which fields out of them I'd choose for a NPL/NEWFM final, after Bmeadow & Edgy.

I haven't spent enough time at Atown or Lambton to really know about them, but I'd probably consider all the above options before choosing either of those TBH.
    L1 have been at Lambton for the last 2? years. its ok. adamstown often hosted NewFM. Its very good especially as the crowd can spread around 4 the sides unlike Darling st. Not sure what players would pref to play on.

Can maitland finally maintain consistency and put away 3 wins to clinch promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Can maitland finally maintain consistency and put away 3 wins to clinch promotion?
    Westy will take them out

haha would westy rather see valo or maito go up though

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    haha would westy rather see valo or maito go up though
    I would of thought that reading posts over the years that the majority here don't like valo or Cahill oval so IDE say maitland.
    What is it about valo that people don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Yes they probably would like it but the vast majority of clubs have next to no chance of every getting the rights to host such an event. It becomes tideous watching as the vested few hijack this forum bagging rivaly clubs facilities to kingdom come to justify their own claims to the bounty or point of view. It is like watching a pack of stray dogs fighting over the megre scraps offered in the over tipped rubbish bin. If you were all about being an equal partner in the game surely NNSW should foot the bill and the profits be shared equally amongst the clubs within the competition. It's not, & I don't see many advocates for it, so therefore I have no interest, nor do I have an interest in reading constant posts of bellyaching, excuses and criticising others.
    Best thing I've read on here for a long while, well said left back.
    All clubs have good and bad so why not focus on the good.
    Some clubs might not look like magic on the out side but might have people at the club of other things that make them a club you would love to be involved with... Talk about that stuff not the negative shit.

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    I would of thought that reading posts over the years that the majority here don't like valo or Cahill oval so IDE say maitland.
    What is it about valo that people don't like?
    maybe you could tell us? from what i see people got noting against valo but realise how long maito have been working for this.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    maybe you could tell us? from what i see people got noting against valo but realise how long maito have been working for this.
    I'd agree, thats what makes my preference Maitland. Not that I have any issues with Valentine (although low support is disappointing) but I want to see the Maitland area have a side at the top level.

Is it a perfect trade losing a north end of the lake club out of it for a Maitland club , maybe maybe not but for hundreds of kids from Beresfield to Rutherford and beyond I think it gives a better link to wanting to reach that top level. And fr parents too not having to commit to 30-40 min drives to get their child into a NPL squad, which not all families can manage to do.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    I'd agree, thats what makes my preference Maitland. Not that I have any issues with Valentine (although low support is disappointing) but I want to see the Maitland area have a side at the top level.

Is it a perfect trade losing a north end of the lake club out of it for a Maitland club , maybe maybe not but for hundreds of kids from Beresfield to Rutherford and beyond I think it gives a better link to wanting to reach that top level. And fr parents too not having to commit to 30-40 min drives to get their child into a NPL squad, which not all families can manage to do.
    Isn't it the same for all the kids and parents from caves beach, Swansea, manering point etc

Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    Have maitland really been working for a promotion. Like seriously have they.
    Who have they signed or chased before say last year when Ben Martin and the keeper went there?
    If they wanted to be promoted quicker do what Phoenix jaffas and lakes have done over the past 10 years and spend big and sign big name players like wheelhouse or gumprete or Wilson and Hodgson.
    No disrespect to the maitland team but would magic, jaffas, edgy or Olympic chase any of there players.
    Maybe woodsy but Ben Martin was only a fringe player at edgy and in 23's at magic.
    For the record I think they both, maitland and valo deserve to go up but who ever does will be straight back down if they don't go out spending the big coin.