Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    tbf tho that was tronnas 23s at start of year
    IDE agree with that.

Well Done Maitland big congrats, been the best club for a couple of years now, well deserved.

And yeah it was basically 8 23s and 3 first graders that started in 1sts. With Injuries to 11 First graders and suspensions to 3 more left us scrapping the barrel, but a good experience for the young boys, bar 4 players everyone was under 20 today. Semis for 23s also a good sign for the clubs future. A fresh team next week will be a good thing for the lads.

Hope Maitland raised a bit of coin for their Breast Cancer charity today, good to see something like that.

[QUOTE=The Postman;89054]Well Done Maitland big congrats, been the best club for a couple of years now,

It's taken 12 years to get back up, if they have been the best club they would of been promoted before this.
    The best club this year I agree.

Hence the "couple", couple being the last 2/3 years where they finished just behind Adamstown and Lambton, if memory serves me correct.

It will be interesting to see what Maitland juniors come back, they should be able to attract some quality players now with a possible new coach too, if you believe NBN news that is. They must have been reading the forum

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Maybe lakes and valo will become one
    There has been a radio report stating if lakes can't merge with either valo or warners bay they will fold, seems I was right

There has been a radio report stating if lakes can't merge with either valo or warners bay they will fold, seems I was right
    VALENTINE PHOENIX LAKE MACQUARIE ROOSTERS RANGERS, What a football Club name

Banned
    Hard to get excited about having Maitland in the NPL.

The standard of the New FM is a ****ing disgrace.

Maitland's only challenge was to turn up for 18 weeks and whoop the arse of some clubs who can best be described as a disorgainsed rabble and then turn up 3 other weeks and get the better of results against a side that was piss poorly run in last years NBN and isn't really better run this year.

Even yesterday Maitland should have had to work hard to win the game and claim promotion but were able to coast to a 8-0 win against a club that was decimated with a lack of numbers and any quality to an extent they would have struggled to field 3 grades if required

High Time Northern increased the amount of relegation spots out of this league to actually encourage the ZPL teams to get their shit together to step in and take over from these clubs going nowhere and increase the level of competition in this comp as many of them involved need a foot up the arse so as the NewFM winner actually deserves promotion to the NPL not just gets there because they are better than a pile of crap

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Hard to get excited about having Maitland in the NPL.

The standard of the New FM is a ****ing disgrace.

Maitland's only challenge was to turn up for 18 weeks and whoop the arse of some clubs who can best be described as a disorgainsed rabble and then turn up 3 other weeks and get the better of results against a side that was piss poorly run in last years NBN and isn't really better run this year.

Even yesterday Maitland should have had to work hard to win the game and claim promotion but were able to coast to a 8-0 win against a club that was decimated with a lack of numbers and any quality to an extent they would have struggled to field 3 grades if required

High Time Northern increased the amount of relegation spots out of this league to actually encourage the ZPL teams to get their shit together to step in and take over from these clubs going nowhere and increase the level of competition in this comp as many of them involved need a foot up the arse so as the NewFM winner actually deserves promotion to the NPL not just gets there because they are better than a pile of crap
    Hard to get excited that we have blokes you around football in Newcastle. Ffs these blokes have been working towards this for years. Let them enjoy their success. I can guarentee there will be top players from big NPL teams that will come to maitland next year

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by newi24-2-08 View Post
    Hard to get excited that we have blokes you around football in Newcastle. Ffs these blokes have been working towards this for years. Let them enjoy their success. I can guarentee there will be top players from big NPL teams that will come to maitland next year
    Despite disagreeing with what i have to say you have nothing to refute my claims that the standard of the NEW FM is a farce and can only resort to taking personal potshots ???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Despite disagreeing with what i have to say you have nothing to refute my claims that the standard of the NEW FM is a farce and can only resort to taking personal potshots ???
    I've seen 7 npl games this year and the standard there didn't really do much for me either.
    It's park footy FFS mate, of cause the new fm will b lesser standard than npl and zone will be less than new fm, which the big debate kicks in as the zone ppl don't agree with the last comment.
    I've seen zone this year as well and maitland would beat all them by 8 as well.
    I also went to the game yesterday and it's the best crowd that I've seen all year, double all the npl games I went to so why wouldn't the other clubs want maitland in it if they get that crowd to the games.

Je-rry! Je-rry!
    Seriously but, enough of the arguing crap.
    People get your point MFKS, you don't really need to continually post the same thing over and over.
    Congrats to Maitland, i've watched them for years and also watch alot of NBN, and yes I agree that 99% of the Newfm is getting poorer each season I also think if you've spent the time to watch Maitland you'd see some of the quality players they have that have had opportunities to play NBN with other clubs every season but have chosen to try and reach that achievement with the club they love, not to mention some of the volunteers behind the scenes. They deserve their promotion, and they deserve to enjoy their time in the NPL, only time will tell how well the club can sustain their newly found position and until then there's no point for anyone to try and bring them down.

Maitland deserve their promotion not only cause they won the comp but realistically they have the junior base to compete long term. Other clubs would struggle in this regard IMO.
    Last edited by seldom; 18-08-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: missed a word
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

You heard it here first, Swansea to newfm

with cooks hill
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

That's what I've heard, also heard Bel-Swans could be relegated if Swansea do come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I think 2nd-4th division there is going to be a bit shakeup, going to be a interesting off season.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Heard lakes coach to westy next year

Along with Morriset? Going to be a crowded NewFM next year.

There's a need for a whole new thread for all these rumours.

Who's ya source?