Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'm not going to mention names but they had a open meeting a few weeks back and they passed a vote to apply for New FM after Northern approached them. My Understanding is that there are a few things they need to sort out before filing the application but a overwhelming majority of the committee are all for it.

Edit: It's the worst kept secret in that part of town.
    I asked one of the Secretary's at that NewFM meeting outright. His interpretation of what the meeting discussed was that:

- the current clubs agreed that Northern should investigate the possibility of expanding the number of clubs in NewFm
    - that Northern advised the "criteria" would not be compromised for any applicant. The only considerations would be if a club could provide written evidence ground improvements etc were to occur prior to March 2014 then they would accept them as being in place for the purpose of their expression of interest.
    - at NO point was it spoken of or discussed any current NewFm side being demoted/regulated or not playing in NewFM in 2015
    - and that Northern would consider promoting only a single team if their was only a single suitable expression of interest at this stage.

Expressions of Interest only closed last Friday actually but clubs are hoping any announcement about changes will be made either before or immediately after the Grand Finals so clubs can move forward asap.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    I asked one of the Secretary's at that NewFM meeting outright. His interpretation of what the meeting discussed was that:

- the current clubs agreed that Northern should investigate the possibility of expanding the number of clubs in NewFm
    - that Northern advised the "criteria" would not be compromised for any applicant. The only considerations would be if a club could provide written evidence ground improvements etc were to occur prior to March 2014 then they would accept them as being in place for the purpose of their expression of interest.
    - at NO point was it spoken of or discussed any current NewFm side being demoted/regulated or not playing in NewFM in 2015
    - and that Northern would consider promoting only a single team if their was only a single suitable expression of interest at this stage.

Expressions of Interest only closed last Friday actually but clubs are hoping any announcement about changes will be made either before or immediately after the Grand Finals so clubs can move forward asap.
    Yep.... heard similar. Plus a survey for a NEWFM Youth League?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Yep.... heard similar. Plus a survey for a NEWFM Youth League?

Yes there apparently was, but no feedback yet given on if or in what way the results of the survey might impact clubs. The option of including one or more youth ages was canvassed without any real agreement aside from clubs had an open mind to anything that might improve the competition (which you would hope would always be the case).

I would like to see more consistancy between the leagues NBN to ZL3. Every league has same number of teams (8-12), every league has 3 grades
    1st
    Res -my view is that it should be a Res/U23s hybrid in NBN & NEW with min req U23 players, say 5-7 in a match day 14 & a straight reserves for Zone.
    u19s/3rds - straight U19s in NBN & NEW and maybe a hybrid in ZPL & below. I would consider merging ZL2&3 depending on Numbers.
    Elite Youth Leagues required for NBN & NEW clubs, optional for Zone Leagues and play on seperate day to seniors, even possibly mid week & not necessarily split along the same competition lines as seniors (you could split into NBN/NEW, or into Groups or have all the teams in 1 comp).
    Allows Straight Promotion & Relegation in the Zones Leagues as they are all the same, Straight Promotion & Relegation between top NBN & NEW as they are the same & Promotion from Zone to NEW would require clubs to meet criteria.
    Essential NBN & NEW become your "ELITE" Divisions & Zone becomes your "Semi-Elite".
    I think if you open up the U23s up abit more to overage guys you would enable more senior guys in a squad, lifting the standard of the NEW league up.
    Thoughts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    I would like to see more consistancy between the leagues NBN to ZL3. Every league has same number of teams (8-12), every league has 3 grades
    1st
    Res -my view is that it should be a Res/U23s hybrid in NBN & NEW with min req U23 players, say 5-7 in a match day 14 & a straight reserves for Zone.
    u19s/3rds - straight U19s in NBN & NEW and maybe a hybrid in ZPL & below. I would consider merging ZL2&3 depending on Numbers.
    Elite Youth Leagues required for NBN & NEW clubs, optional for Zone Leagues and play on seperate day to seniors, even possibly mid week & not necessarily split along the same competition lines as seniors (you could split into NBN/NEW, or into Groups or have all the teams in 1 comp).
    Allows Straight Promotion & Relegation in the Zones Leagues as they are all the same, Straight Promotion & Relegation between top NBN & NEW as they are the same & Promotion from Zone to NEW would require clubs to meet criteria.
    Essential NBN & NEW become your "ELITE" Divisions & Zone becomes your "Semi-Elite".
    I think if you open up the U23s up abit more to overage guys you would enable more senior guys in a squad, lifting the standard of the NEW league up.
    Thoughts?
    Firstly tampering with the set up of NBN ain't happening as it is down to FFA direction and has little avenues for NNNSW to move.

Agree need a bit more uniformity between the New FM and Zone Leagues though. Biggest issue to me is get the structure of about half a dozen New FM clubs right The vast majority of them do not have the infrastructure governance organisational ability to make a fist of the NPL if they got promotion.

Good news is due to their lacking of quality in these areas they are unlikely to get promotion anyway.

As for the fascination with a reserve grade side of over age players you are going completely against the grain of where the FFA are going in this country.

IF the clubs in New FM had their junior bases and player numbers adequately covered there is no need for them to raise the "standard" of NEW FM U23's by playing a pile of overage blokes

These blokes are obviously not that talented anyway if they can't get a run in the 9 First grade NPL sides and the 8 New FM first grade sides available to play in so exactly how are they really raising the standard??

Point taken on the tampering, accept it is an FFA directive.
    My point for a hybrid Res/U23s (not straight Res) if your not playing 1st grade at U23 level are really much chop either. I think by making it straight U23s you are casting out guys who are of equal ability to those U23s (with abit more playing & life experience), and then filling those places with less talented U23s. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a blend of experienced overages guys (who can & want to still play at that level) playing with, & teaching some talented U23s who havn't made the top grade yet, then by making the them play along side less talent U23s (who will never play 1st grade) that they can just beat up on every week?
    Maybe it is not as big a problem in the NBN comp but you see this at NEWFM level every week.
    From my own experience of sports not so precious about age restrictions, and countless stories of bush youngsters going on to stardom playing along side men in lower grades at an earlier point in development is a much better way of equiping a young player for stepping into the top grades.

Aren't they gradually phasing it to be Under 20s?

Firsts, 20s, 17s?

Yes

Banned
    Point taken on the tampering, accept it is an FFA directive.
    My point for a hybrid Res/U23s (not straight Res) if your not playing 1st grade at U23 level are really much chop either. I think by making it straight U23s you are casting out guys who are of equal ability to those U23s (with abit more playing & life experience), and then filling those places with less talented U23s. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a blend of experienced overages guys (who can & want to still play at that level) playing with, & teaching some talented U23s who havn't made the top grade yet, then by making the them play along side less talent U23s (who will never play 1st grade) that they can just beat up on every week?
    Maybe it is not as big a problem in the NBN comp but you see this at NEWFM level every week.
    From my own experience of sports not so precious about age restrictions, and countless stories of bush youngsters going on to stardom playing along side men in lower grades at an earlier point in development is a much better way of equiping a young player for stepping into the top grades.
    If you have the right processes going with player development your kids will be strong enough at filling the breach in the U23's anyway.

Basically a reserve grade side to put some overage players in to coach the kids is just a cop out from not doing exactly what should be done in developing players and having adequate coaches doing the job.

Most of the problems in the NEW FM are down to having so many disorganised poorly running clubs who need to either get their shit together or go back to Zone and allow someone else to step up and have a go

1st
    Thoughts?
    U/23's in NPL are allowed 5 over age players so thats exactly what you have now. I'm all for the reserve grade coming back but I'm also comfortable with the 5 over age players as thats roughly what you would have or possibly less (you would hope less) over 23's anyway.

I think its good as is, with the 5 overage players. How many overage allowed in NPL?

So are there any other clubs along with BelSwans who are seeking the services of a person who could "cut the mustard" in first grade until they were 45 (without big noting themselves), resolve youth development and improve club governance. All those interested submit an EOI to "MFKS" by COB at your earliest convenience.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    So are there any other clubs along with BelSwans who are seeking the services of a person who could "cut the mustard" in first grade until they were 45 (without big noting themselves), resolve youth development and improve club governance. All those interested submit an EOI to "MFKS" by COB at your earliest convenience.
    Maybe the EOI's should be sent to the 6 clubs who run a long way behind the top 2 in New FM each year as they need these people more

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Maybe the EOI's should be sent to the 6 clubs who run a long way behind the top 2 in New FM each year as they need these people more
    Don't be selling yourself short here….. you haven't in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Always easy to sit on the sidelines and believe it should be easier to do better.

Having seen the differences between Zone and Federation from the off the field side of things there are big differences, in workloads and expectations and less opportunities to find those volunteers for NewFm than many Zone clubs.

Many NewFM clubs started planning 2015 months ago, have no real break between seasons and less long term players to draw into volunteer roles (because they chase money between clubs).

Unless you have spent a season or two filling the President/Secretary/Treasurer or Groundsman role at a NewFm club then you shouldn't make any claims about the level of service being supplied (for free).

Next season might be an opportunity for someone to spring a shock push into npl. I'm sure Valo players would have been under the impression they'd only be in 2nd division for1 season. Do they have the loyalty to stay for another? as I understand it not many are local jnrs. Lakes coming down,who knows how many they'll keep. Especially with their coach possibly jumping ship back to Westy. They've already been chasing former players to go back, how many does he take with him?
    Rumors about Belswans and Toronto seem hard to believe, but if they are true who knows what could happen. Thornton don't have an npl license, nor do singo. We're left with cessnock from this yrs top 4. Can u imagine them or this year's wooden spooners challenging for the promotion place in12 months time.
    Or do cooks Hill come up and do the unthinkable?
    All very speculative I know, feel free to pick it apart as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    Next season might be an opportunity for someone to spring a shock push into npl. I'm sure Valo players would have been under the impression they'd only be in 2nd division for1 season. Do they have the loyalty to stay for another? as I understand it not many are local jnrs. Lakes coming down,who knows how many they'll keep. Especially with their coach possibly jumping ship back to Westy. They've already been chasing former players to go back, how many does he take with him?
    Rumors about Belswans and Toronto seem hard to believe, but if they are true who knows what could happen. Thornton don't have an npl license, nor do singo. We're left with cessnock from this yrs top 4. Can u imagine them or this year's wooden spooners challenging for the promotion place in12 months time.
    Or do cooks Hill come up and do the unthinkable?
    All very speculative I know, feel free to pick it apart as you will.
    Thornton are confident of holding their NPL Licence prior to the start of next season they say, some approaches already made to some Maitland boys so as a dark horse they could be the ones.

Westy are setting top four as their target for 2015 also but would be very surprising if they held an NPL Licence yet, Singelton are solving their major NPL Licence issue with a proposed merger with their Juniors and Toronto are working hard to become more involved in their juniors also I am told.

For 2015 I guess we are still looking at Valo, Lakes and Thornton and maybe Cessnock in terms of holding NPL Licences I would say.

I think you're confused as to what meeting I'm talking about. Seems as though you're talking about a meeting between the NewFM Clubs, I'm talking about a Swansea committee meeting that was open to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Always easy to sit on the sidelines and believe it should be easier to do better.

Having seen the differences between Zone and Federation from the off the field side of things there are big differences, in workloads and expectations and less opportunities to find those volunteers for NewFm than many Zone clubs.

Many NewFM clubs started planning 2015 months ago, have no real break between seasons and less long term players to draw into volunteer roles (because they chase money between clubs).

Unless you have spent a season or two filling the President/Secretary/Treasurer or Groundsman role at a NewFm club then you shouldn't make any claims about the level of service being supplied (for free).
    Well said, I was about to right something similar.
    How would Mfks have any idea what those 6 clubs do and don't do.
    As cf said there run by volunteers Mfks you clown, some of those volunteers I would imagine are parents of players and when the player moves or stops playing the club looses a volunteer.
    Give someone a rap FFS instead of bagging every other club than the ones you like.
    I say well done to all clubs from id3 to npl for doing there best.

I'm hearing Cooks Hills and Swansea but I would've thought Wallsend would be the best choice to come up(strong team, great committee and good ground), or do they not have a long term lease with the ground?