Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elude View Post
    I'm hearing Cooks Hills and Swansea but I would've thought Wallsend would be the best choice to come up(strong team, great committee and good ground), or do they not have a long term lease with the ground?
    Don't have a long term lease last I heard

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Don't have a long term lease last I heard
    Is a long term lease an essential criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Is a long term lease an essential criteria?
    The President at the time they were demoted to Zone Leagues said back then that not having a lease was one of the reasons they were placed in that position, Northern were not comfortable with a club in its top divisions that could be evicted on basically a weeks notice (back then I am not saying thats still the case for the club presently) especially with their only fallback at the time being Wallsend No 1 which was so far short on criteria as it is only a basic junior oval.

I'll throw upsome predictions (insert "pure guesses") for this weekend, of course fingers crossed we get to see all the grades play.

Sat
    First Maitland - sorry Redbacks, home ground and all I kow but I can see Law & Co really finishing this season with both Minor & Major. 3-1 to Magpies
    23's Valentine - no I say that without knowing what Valo will do for subs on Sunday. I have assumed all players will be available not 4 guys out because they are fresh subs on Sunday for First. 2-0 to Valo
    19's Maitland - this could be the high scoring game of the weekend. I can see Maitland walking away 4-0 maybe 4-1 here I hope it isn't higher to Maitland but I think there is a real chance it could be.

Sun
    First Belswans - I know, goal difference, results etc but I have doubts about Valo picking themselves up after being so close to Minor and Belswans can play some good football there is no doubt. 2-1 Belswans
    23's Maitland - Be an interesting game but I think Maitland will walk away with possibly a two goal advantage 2-0 Maitland
    19's Cessnock - Possibly the closest of all the games on the weekend but I think the experience some of Cessnock got from Firsts this year will be a difference. 3-2

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Interesting. ... I'm hoping for some very solid performances by the BelSwans flocks this weekend c_f.
    Think the 19's game will be a bit closer than you are alluding too. The have been a couple of fairly close games between the two sides this year. Should be a good contest.
    I think the first's are ready to unleash on Sunday and send that annoying Phoenix back to wherever it is that it lives. A tight affair like the last game at Blackies will be nice.
    I'll be roosting atop the BelSwans dugout if anyone wants to say hello. Just don't annoy me during 1st grade..... especially any of those pain in the arse Magpies.

The games today at Thornton have been moved back.

2:30 - 1sts
    4:30 - 23s
    6:15 - 19s

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Took the pooch for a walk in the sun just before lunch and saw one of those volunteers rolling the ground at Blackies Oval. Turned out to be Shooter. I distracted him from his task (momentarily) and asked if the game was on tomorrow. He replied that he wouldn't be rolling and mowing the ground for no reason. He said that they trained on the ground mid week and I have to say it was pretty dry. I also asked how they'll go and he said everyone was pumped and to expect a few surprises tomorrow! He wouldn't elaborate so I'm not too sure what that means.

Ben Kelly suspended, or are Maitland supremely confident?

Maitland coasting @ 2-0 midway through the 2nd half

4-0 Dowdell, Leyland, Fletcher and Martin. Not long left to play

Banned
    Finished 4-0

Thornton lucky it wasn't that at HT when it was only poor finishing and fortune that stopped Maitland leading by more than 2

Second half was just a matter of time before Maitland made it 3 and the 4th followed quickly after that.

Seriously Maitland should have won by more and it is was only the conditions some desperate last ditch Thornton touches and fortune that stopped the final scoreline being 7 or 8.

If Thornton are the 4th best side in New FM then my point that the clubs in New FM are poorly run stands. Maitland are not that good. They just ain't tested at all by the opposition.

The opposition and their ineptness to make a competitive game of it make them look like world beaters

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Finished 4-0

Thornton lucky it wasn't that at HT when it was only poor finishing and fortune that stopped Maitland leading by more than 2

Second half was just a matter of time before Maitland made it 3 and the 4th followed quickly after that.

Seriously Maitland should have won by more and it is was only the conditions some desperate last ditch Thornton touches and fortune that stopped the final scoreline being 7 or 8.

If Thornton are the 4th best side in New FM then my point that the clubs in New FM are poorly run stands. Maitland are not that good. They just ain't tested at all by the opposition.

The opposition and their ineptness to make a competitive game of it make them look like world beaters
    What a surprise. Another dig at newcastle football

What is it that you are currently doing to help fix these issues that you identify???

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    What a surprise. Another dig at newcastle football
    Actually both those clubs are a part of Hunter Valley Football, not Newcastle Football.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    What actually is rather sad is that no one can actually put up a rebuttal to my points. Maybe cause what I am saying is actually close to the mark and some can not deny it.

It is actually more irritating the response that I get

All i get is the usual ohh your being negative again >> Their only volunteers >>> what are you doing about it >> and blah blah blah.

Considering NNSW has nearly as many registered players as Victoria and we haven't produced a Socceroo player since when?? the blokes we put up for the HAL are barely making up the numbers and our local clubs barely have a half decent facility between them and there is such a gulf in standards from club to club maybe some serious issues are present in ur neck of the woods.

Pound for pound we ain't performing. Lets just all keep our heads in the sand and say all is good

I feel like many people AGREE with your points, but get frustrated that every comment is the exact same pot shot at the state of football in this region all while YOU PERSONALLY don't volunteer, don't do or die support any local club, aren't involved with any club committees and mostly don't bring up any solutions to all the issues you seen to have. Why should anybody need to rebuttle your points even if they disagree when you yourself don't offer any possible resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    I feel like many people AGREE with your points, but get frustrated that every comment is the exact same pot shot at the state of football in this region all while YOU PERSONALLY don't volunteer, don't do or die support any local club, aren't involved with any club committees and mostly don't bring up any solutions to all the issues you seen to have. Why should anybody need to rebuttle your points even if they disagree when you yourself don't offer any possible resolution?
    Amen

What are your views on the Bundesliga, MFAW? Seems like a 1 or 2 horse race there every year.
    OK

Tenzo tomorrow 12

Finished 4-0

You are seriously just a sour queer c&nt that has a hatred of NNSWF!

Maitland had Joel Woods, Benn Kelly and Matt Toohey out for todays games and still won in a canter 4-0 but they aren't that good???? your a goose!!!! Maitland will shock a few sides in the NPL next season with both the depth and quality at the club.

Get off your arse and do some work to improve the game in Newcastle then you will realize the difficulties these volunteers face week in week out.