Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    I'll throw upsome predictions (insert "pure guesses") for this weekend, of course fingers crossed we get to see all the grades play.

Sat
    First Maitland - sorry Redbacks, home ground and all I kow but I can see Law & Co really finishing this season with both Minor & Major. 3-1 to Magpies
    23's Valentine - no I say that without knowing what Valo will do for subs on Sunday. I have assumed all players will be available not 4 guys out because they are fresh subs on Sunday for First. 2-0 to Valo
    19's Maitland - this could be the high scoring game of the weekend. I can see Maitland walking away 4-0 maybe 4-1 here I hope it isn't higher to Maitland but I think there is a real chance it could be.Sun
    First Belswans - I know, goal difference, results etc but I have doubts about Valo picking themselves up after being so close to Minor and Belswans can play some good football there is no doubt. 2-1 Belswans
    23's Maitland - Be an interesting game but I think Maitland will walk away with possibly a two goal advantage 2-0 Maitland
    19's Cessnock - Possibly the closest of all the games on the weekend but I think the experience some of Cessnock got from Firsts this year will be a difference. 3-2
    Nostradamus couldn't have picked it better.

Maitland 19's have some fantastic players and could easily be playing first grade at other NEWFM clubs. Belswans also played some decent football in terrible conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Finished 4-0

Thornton lucky it wasn't that at HT when it was only poor finishing and fortune that stopped Maitland leading by more than 2

Second half was just a matter of time before Maitland made it 3 and the 4th followed quickly after that.

Seriously Maitland should have won by more and it is was only the conditions some desperate last ditch Thornton touches and fortune that stopped the final scoreline being 7 or 8.

If Thornton are the 4th best side in New FM then my point that the clubs in New FM are poorly run stands. Maitland are not that good. They just ain't tested at all by the opposition.

The opposition and their ineptness to make a competitive game of it make them look like world beaters
    WOW...if thats your input to a better system then maybe just top yourself. Fair dinkum if u think your input is positive to northern football we are screwed. Blokes like u are to say the least pathetic wannabes who are the leeches keeping our game back.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    WOW...if thats your input to a better system then maybe just top yourself. Fair dinkum if u think your input is positive to northern football we are screwed. Blokes like u are to say the least pathetic wannabes who are the leeches keeping our game back.
    +1

Finished 4-0

Thornton lucky it wasn't that at HT when it was only poor finishing and fortune that stopped Maitland leading by more than 2

Second half was just a matter of time before Maitland made it 3 and the 4th followed quickly after that.

Seriously Maitland should have won by more and it is was only the conditions some desperate last ditch Thornton touches and fortune that stopped the final scoreline being 7 or 8.

If Thornton are the 4th best side in New FM then my point that the clubs in New FM are poorly run stands. Maitland are not that good. They just ain't tested at all by the opposition.

The opposition and their ineptness to make a competitive game of it make them look like world beaters

I honestly believe the whole top 8 first grade sides in Zpl would beat thornton. Don't agree with bagging out of Newcastle football. Do think that proper religation and promotion between league 3-6 has now made the third league stronger overall then the second ( when it comes to first grade) But that's just how it is.

Not saying they would beat Maitland. Just saying Maitland firsts would have been tested alot more in Zpl this year then newfm !
    Last edited by fresh; 24-08-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    I honestly believe the whole top 8 first grade sides in Zpl would beat thornton. Don't agree with bagging out of Newcastle football. Do think that proper religation and promotion between league 3-6 has now made the third league stronger overall then the second ( when it comes to first grade) But that's just how it is.

Not saying they would beat Maitland. Just saying Maitland firsts would have been tested alot more in Zpl this year then newfm !
    The single reason why ZPL has become stronger is because Reserve grade in NBN/NPL has been scraped, Forcing players who would have usually just made the numbers in NBN/NPL to play elsewhere generally ZPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    I honestly believe the whole top 8 first grade sides in Zpl would beat thornton.

Pffff…. utter bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    The single reason why ZPL has become stronger is because Reserve grade in NBN/NPL has been scraped, Forcing players who would have usually just made the numbers in NBN/NPL to play elsewhere generally ZPL.
    +1

Thornton played ok for patches of the game and if they could capitalise on their chances they could have been 2-2 at half time after having some decent opportunities to score but no strikers to score them.
    2nd half they also had times where they kept a lot of possession with no final product behind it, which has been the situation all year for the redbacks.
    3 soft goals conceded to fullbacks and a bomb from Martin shows the better team at the end of the day but don't go writing teams off saying Maitland should have won by 7-8 because that's not how the game looked from the sidelines.

criteria aside. If more ZPL teams were to be promoted to Newfm would that create a more even comp?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    criteria aside. If more ZPL teams were to be promoted to Newfm would that create a more even comp?
    how so?
    the team that came last beat the team that came 4th and 5th
    the team that cam 7th beat 4th, 5th, 6th
    the team that came 6th beat beat teams above them.
    the 2 top teams won em all as has happened in previous years. the only difference this year was the other teams were poor to the point that a patch up team like westy got wins and singo wern't easybeats.
    if the bottom 6 impove 20% lakes n valo will not get easy wins next year. ZPL might be competative in pre season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Where did I say that was my input into a better system??

All I done was comment on the game I watched yesterday which was basically so lop sided it wasn't funny. The scoreline indicates it was also lopsided with one side winning 4 zip away from home.

As I do nothing explain how I am keeping the game back in the region??

The game is currently being kept back by the incompetence of past efforts and the insecure types who are involved in clubs who seem to think they are immune to any criticism over how things are going.

Maybe the fact that they carry on like they are somehow owed a pat on the back for their efforts is the issue.

I took it I struck a nerve to get you out from under your rock again.

As for Zico

Banned

As I do nothing explain how I am keeping the game back in the region??

The game is currently being kept back by the incompetence of past efforts and the insecure types who are involved in clubs who seem to think they are immune to any criticism over how things are going.

:
    Aint that the truth. So many hollow excuses but 80% of teams have no chance.

Finished 4-0

Who did you go there to watch?

All the zpl ppl who think this comp is so good, I know of players in the top couple of sides and they wouldn't get a gig in many new fm teams.
    I watch singo play twice this year and I think they might of ended up second last but IDE back them over any zpl side.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Who did you go there to watch?
    No one.

Just wanted to watch a game of football as there was **** all else on thanks to the rain.

Belswans v Valo game full of action. Only saw second half, but ref looked like she was loosing control. Post final whistle scuffle and red card to a belswans player gives you a bit of an idea. The score was 4-1 to Valo who were the better team by quite a bit.
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 24-08-2014 at 11:23 PM.

All the zpl ppl who think this comp is so good, I know of players in the top couple of sides and they wouldn't get a gig in many new fm teams.
    I watch singo play twice this year and I think they might of ended up second last but IDE back them over any zpl side.
    That'll do me. I'll take ur money. Name the price.
    2/3 of the comp are new fm players who got sick of getting hammered by maitland/Adamstown/jaffas last few yrs, and overage nbn former 19 /22s players.

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    That'll do me. I'll take ur money. Name the price.
    2/3 of the comp are new fm players who got sick of getting hammered by maitland/Adamstown/jaffas last few yrs, and overage nbn former 19 /22s players.
    Who are these players that you talk about.
    I haven't seen any player of any note in any game I've seen in zpl.
    Name the players you think are ok

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Belswans v Valo game full of action. Only saw second half, but ref looked like she was loosing control. Post final whistle scuffle and red card to a belswans player gives you a bit of an idea. The score was 4-1 to Valo who were the better team by quite a bit.
    Not what I seen. Ref was poor and I don't know how a few valo players stayed on the pitch.
    Ref poor, the 2 midfield players should of been sent after 5 or 6 grubby challenges each.
    Ref poor, don't know how but players didn't get sent after full time, how do u get 2 players involved in a fight and only 1 gets sent.
    Did I mention how bad the ref was.

Not what I seen. Ref was poor and I don't know how a few valo players stayed on the pitch.
    Ref poor, the 2 midfield players should of been sent after 5 or 6 grubby challenges each.
    Ref poor, don't know how but players didn't get sent after full time, how do u get 2 players involved in a fight and only 1 gets sent.
    Did I mention how bad the ref was.
    Apart from the refs performance (or lack of it), I thought the game was great to watch. A typical derby. BelSwans were the better team in the first half and must have been a bit disappointed to go in at half time 1-1 when they had missed several good scoring chances early on and had limited Valo to the one (which to their credit they did convert). Second half was a different story and Valo took control. If BelSwans were disappointed at half time, they must have been gutted by the 20 minute mark when they conceded 3 goals in 10 minutes. As they game wore on the pressure continued to build with some pretty solid tackles flying from both sides.
    The pressure wasn't realised by the final whistle and that melee that occurred had to be the result of the way the referee handled the whole game. She set the tone when she issued that BelSwans player a yellow card in the 2nd minute of the game for repeated infringements when he had given away 2 free kicks and hadn't been spoken to (poor communication and lack of understanding of the situation - IMO). Great derby and good crowd.
    Last edited by sancho_theswan; 25-08-2014 at 07:35 AM.