Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

As an interested observer of local football I have read all the comments about ZPL and ID comps being stronger than NewFM and find it interesting how players can make these statements without actually playing in this competition, are these players that are so much better than NewFM players playing lower divisions so they can win a comp because they can't beat the likes of Maitland or Valentine, aren't they game enough to havago and make this a stronger competition. I would be saying to anyone that thinks they can make a difference get out there and make yourself available for the teams like West Wallsend Singleton or Cessnock and help make it a better comp instead of hiding in lower divisions and bagging out the players that are prepared to take on the better teams. Your ZPL teams might beat a NewFM team in a trial game but can they back that up week in week out, even United got beat by a third tier team.

Quote Originally Posted by Havago View Post
    As an interested observer of local football I have read all the comments about ZPL and ID comps being stronger than NewFM and find it interesting how players can make these statements without actually playing in this competition, are these players that are so much better than NewFM players playing lower divisions so they can win a comp because they can't beat the likes of Maitland or Valentine, aren't they game enough to havago and make this a stronger competition. I would be saying to anyone that thinks they can make a difference get out there and make yourself available for the teams like West Wallsend Singleton or Cessnock and help make it a better comp instead of hiding in lower divisions and bagging out the players that are prepared to take on the better teams. Your ZPL teams might beat a NewFM team in a trial game but can they back that up week in week out, even United got beat by a third tier team.
    Haha this probably the most ridiculous post on the topic I've seen. Have you stopped to think maybe people don't want to play for "West Wallsend, Singleton and Cesnock" because they are Loyal, Happy were they are or have other commitment that prevent them from committing 3+days a week.
    As it's been said and I've said before as a whole NewFM is better but there are exceptions to the rule, blokes playing NewFM that wouldn't get a run in ZL1 1st grades and Blokes playing Zone League that can walk into NPL but they are small exception.
    What's laughable is you having a shot a blokes telling them to "Havago" criticizing them, then you ask them to go play for NewFM clubs maybe that's another reason why they don't want to play NewFM either.

Nice 1st post but jog on, maybe make it your last to.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

How dare you come here with logical statements!

Yeah but let's look at it from the point of view also that being loyal to your zlp side/not being able to commit is not the factor that is holding back every single player there especially and most likely for the guys that go on about zpl being superior.

Premy there are also players in newfm, I'd say a higher amount (compared to zpl) of which, that too could walk into npl
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Haha this probably the most ridiculous post on the topic I've seen. Have you stopped to think maybe people don't want to play for "West Wallsend, Singleton and Cesnock" because they are Loyal, Happy were they are or have other commitment that prevent them from committing 3+days a week.
    As it's been said and I've said before as a whole NewFM is better but there are exceptions to the rule, blokes playing NewFM that wouldn't get a run in ZL1 1st grades and Blokes playing Zone League that can walk into NPL but they are small exception.
    What's laughable is you having a shot a blokes telling them to "Havago" criticizing them, then you ask them to go play for NewFM clubs maybe that's another reason why they don't want to play NewFM either.

Nice 1st post but jog on, maybe make it your last to.
    : I don't think any NewFM club would want players like you, you obviously haven't played at a higher level as your loyal to your club(who obviously have never been in NewFM competition) and that is fine but you can't bag out players for being loyal to there club at a higher level. Admittedly some players aren't good enough for this level but I could say that about any division, I am sure you could say that about players at your club. I just think everyone should get together and argue for ten team comps across the board with promotion and relegation being compulsory. I see teams in ID's who say they can't commit to higher comps for different reasons but continue to be prominent in that division. Obviously chasing titles and not promotion, shouldn't every player aim to play in the highest division.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Premy there are also players in newfm, I'd say a higher amount (compared to zpl) of which, that too could walk into npl
    Most definitely agree.
    Also let me go the record as saying I know my ability and that's not NewFM I'm only discussing what I've seen 1st hand. I'll also reiterate that this players are exceptions to the rule.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

: I don't think any NewFM club would want players like you, you obviously haven't played at a higher level as your loyal to your club(who obviously have never been in NewFM competition)
    Keep the Violin for yourself as you're the one who came on and had a whinge.
    You couldn't be more wrong. I've played NewFM admittedly I wasn't good enough to hold my spot. As to NewFM clubs not wanting players like me, NewFM will kill to have players with my attitude just not my ability. Just last month I was approached by a NewFM Manager offering me Money per game to play for his side having never seen me play.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

the whole newfm orchestra is playing.

There are players of different abilities in all divisions of football in Newcastle. It's obvious that there is going to be players in lower divisions that could play in a division or 2 above them. There are certain circumstances where players who have the ability to play for higher leagues play for lower leagues (eg. My 2 brothers play for first grade & u/22's Magic and have so for a number of years. But due to a large holiday planned right in the middle of next season, they are going to play in 4th division with the Suns). That's just one example, but there are many others. I know over the last couple of years the Suns and other clubs in ZL1 have had players go directly from 1st grade NPL to ZL1 the following season.
    People can't seriously be ignorant enough to think they should instead play for Singo or Cessnock so that they NewFM comp stays competitive.
    It's football, not s***er!!

I think guys should just play at the level that makes them happiest. If you want to strive to play NPL but haven’t got there yet go play NEWFM, if you have played up at NPL and are now looking to concentrate of other areas of your life the go play Zone at your local or with your mates. Let’s not kid ourselves into thinking that the level of football in the area is the EPL (although some people on this forum seem to think that they are playing a real life version Premier League Manager). This is not a guy’s primary source of income or livelihood. There would be instances of guys playing because they want to push themselves to be the best they can be at football forsaking all else, guys who want to play at the highest they can whilst maintaining life balance & guys who simple play because they love the game. I don't think it is really the place of anyone on this forum or in club land to criticise a person for the choice they make to get the most out of their lives in & out of football. I myself love the game, but I have had to sacrifice it pursuit other dreams. I didn't think it fair for me to sign up to a club and be half committed. That is my choice. Same as it might be John Doe's choice to give up playing NPL & go play Zone 2 so he can spend more time with his family. Who are we to cast aspersions upon him for that? I think everyone needs to just realise that Football isn't life, it is but a part of it and everyone should be entitled to make the most of it however they see fit. I think you will find that blokes play at the level that reflects their desire, commitment & lifestyle and not solely their ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    I think guys should just play at the level that makes them happiest. If you want to strive to play NPL but haven’t got there yet go play NEWFM, if you have played up at NPL and are now looking to concentrate of other areas of your life the go play Zone at your local or with your mates. Let’s not kid ourselves into thinking that the level of football in the area is the EPL (although some people on this forum seem to think that they are playing a real life version Premier League Manager). This is not a guy’s primary source of income or livelihood. There would be instances of guys playing because they want to push themselves to be the best they can be at football forsaking all else, guys who want to play at the highest they can whilst maintaining life balance & guys who simple play because they love the game. I don't think it is really the place of anyone on this forum or in club land to criticise a person for the choice they make to get the most out of their lives in & out of football. I myself love the game, but I have had to sacrifice it pursuit other dreams. I didn't think it fair for me to sign up to a club and be half committed. That is my choice. Same as it might be John Doe's choice to give up playing NPL & go play Zone 2 so he can spend more time with his family. Who are we to cast aspersions upon him for that? I think everyone needs to just realise that Football isn't life, it is but a part of it and everyone should be entitled to make the most of it however they see fit. I think you will find that blokes play at the level that reflects their desire, commitment & lifestyle and not solely their ability.
    As someone who was a regular 1st grader in the previous NBN, who has played in reserve grade ZL1, and every level in between: + ****ing 1.

+2

Nailed it.

Did you steal everyone else's common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by lukee_f View Post
    Nailed it.

Did you steal everyone else's common sense?
    There has been a lot of comments on here bagging NewFM, clearly my point was stop saying this comp is better than this comp etc, if you think your better than them than step up and havago but if your not or your happy in your safety zone stop bagging out a comp that will grow with time and correct management. I think you all forget there is probably only 3 or 4 teams that can win the EPL and some teams go in just trying not to be relegated but we don't bag them. I know players playing all age who have played NBN and NewFM and they are happy but if you want a challenge step up. I don't care who you play for or what division I just get sick of this crap bagging out comps your not involved in and you don't have the balls to step up. Shouldn't we all be talking about the games that are being played each week.

There has been a lot of comments on here bagging NewFM, clearly my point was stop saying this comp is better than this comp etc, if you think your better than them than step up and havago but if your not or your happy in your safety zone stop bagging out a comp that will grow with time and correct management. I think you all forget there is probably only 3 or 4 teams that can win the EPL and some teams go in just trying not to be relegated but we don't bag them. I know players playing all age who have played NBN and NewFM and they are happy but if you want a challenge step up. I don't care who you play for or what division I just get sick of this crap bagging out comps your not involved in and you don't have the balls to step up. Shouldn't we all be talking about the games that are being played each week.
    Huh? Have you read any of my posts?? Not once have I bagged out 'your' comp. I have no desire to play for any of the teams in NewFM and that's just the way it is. I'm not bagging out the comp. In Newcastle, there are only 2 clubs that I will ever play for, but that's nothing to do with anything other than my relationship and history with those two clubs along with all my mates and family that have played at and still play at.

Peace.

Banned
    I think you all forget there is probably only 3 or 4 teams that can win the EPL and some teams go in just trying not to be relegated but we don't bag them.
    Wrong

Other than Man City and Chelsea no one else is capable of winning the EPL.

Manure NO CHANCE anymore
    Arsenal crumble under pressure EVERY YEAR
    Liverpool couldn't win it we all seen them FALL APART last season

As for the rest of them not even worth commenting on their chances.

Other than that you make some interesting points

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wrong

Other than Man City and Chelsea no one else is capable of winning the EPL.

Manure NO CHANCE anymore
    Arsenal crumble under pressure EVERY YEAR
    Liverpool couldn't win it we all seen them FALL APART last season

As for the rest of them not even worth commenting on their chances.

Other than that you make some interesting points

Disagree, a long term injury to Costa, leaves Chelsea in trouble, as the only area they struggle is up front.
    And City haven't won a title convincingly despite having one of the best squads for the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Disagree, a long term injury to Costa, leaves Chelsea in trouble, as the only area they struggle is up front.
    And City haven't won a title convincingly despite having one of the best squads for the last 4 years.
    I actually disagree, Chelsea were only 4 points off Man City in the end, and they were in it till the last few rounds. That was with the worst strike force I have ever seen grace a top side in England. Torres was Torres, Eto'o could only score at home and Demba Ba slips at every given opportunity. This year they have Drogba as a back-up, who is probably still at this age better than the three strikers mentioned above, and not to mention they added Fabregas who is top notch. So even if Costa died, they would still challenge, would they win? It would be tight.

But that's not the point of this thread, I'm new, been lurking here for over a few months now. To start with, I'm not from this area or region (from Sydney), but I'm interested in trialing for West Wallsend (or you guys call it Westy) next season. My motive? It's because I'm attracted to the history and the prospect of playing football outside where I've lived my whole life. I'm still young, 21 years old, but I really want to see how my football compares to the competition of this league. Just like myself, there are heaps of people too who have reasons of playing where they are, each and every one of us is different, who are we to question the desire and commitment of others?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I actually disagree, Chelsea were only 4 points off Man City in the end, and they were in it till the last few rounds. That was with the worst strike force I have ever seen grace a top side in England. Torres was Torres, Eto'o could only score at home and Demba Ba slips at every given opportunity. This year they have Drogba as a back-up, who is probably still at this age better than the three strikers mentioned above, and not to mention they added Fabregas who is top notch. So even if Costa died, they would still challenge, would they win? It would be tight.

But that's not the point of this thread, I'm new, been lurking here for over a few months now. To start with, I'm not from this area or region (from Sydney), but I'm interested in trialing for West Wallsend (or you guys call it Westy) next season. My motive? It's because I'm attracted to the history and the prospect of playing football outside where I've lived my whole life. I'm still young, 21 years old, but I really want to see how my football compares to the competition of this league. Just like myself, there are heaps of people too who have reasons of playing where they are, each and every one of us is different, who are we to question the desire and commitment of others?

This has to be a troll.

Bloke wishes to move from Sydney to play NEW FM to see what its like and how it rates