Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

This has to be a troll.

Bloke wishes to move from Sydney to play NEW FM to see what its like and how it rates

I'm actually very serious. : o

[QUOTE=Kim;90489]I'm actually very serious. : o[/

Which area have you moved to?

Wrong

Other than Man City and Chelsea no one else is capable of winning the EPL.

Manure NO CHANCE anymore
    Arsenal crumble under pressure EVERY YEAR
    Liverpool couldn't win it we all seen them FALL APART last season

As for the rest of them not even worth commenting on their chances.

Other than that you make some interesting points
    Well done (havago) ya back in the good books.
    Getting a positive comment from MFKS is not that easy but you managed it so well done.

This has to be a troll.

Bloke wishes to move from Sydney to play NEW FM to see what its like and how it rates

It's so corny surely cant be legit...on a positive he's only 21 so can still play U23s lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Just to change the topic I read in the paper NBN clubs are looking for keepers as a couple have decided to retire, how do you rate the keepers in NewFM and do you think any could step up to the next level. Obviously Maitland will keep there keeper so of the others what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Havago View Post
    Just to change the topic I read in the paper NBN clubs are looking for keepers as a couple have decided to retire, how do you rate the keepers in NewFM and do you think any could step up to the next level. Obviously Maitland will keep there keeper so of the others what do you think?
    Westy have a terrific keeper who has been spending most of his time on the field this season.

BK the Maitland keeper was the obvious pick of the bunch for me.
    OK

Banned
    Don't think the keeper issue will be that great of an issue in NPL.

Obviously the reserve keeper at the clubs may step up fill the breach, may even wish to pilfer from outside Newy also. Add in the possibilities with picking someone up from the EJ program and I am not seeing the clubs rushing into New FM to plug the holes.

GK requirements will depend on what a coach wants in a keeper and what is has on the field in front of him. If he has a soild defense that don't give up too many shots and keeps the attack away from goal than they may prefer keeper with good aerial dominance. If you have a leaky defence then a out & out shot stopper may be required. Also does he want a keeper who can distribute long for quick counters or to hit the head of a strong midfielder or a keeper who can play as an extra ball player when playing out from the back. Keepers with different strengths fit better into certain teams just like any other player.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    GK requirements will depend on what a coach wants in a keeper and what is has on the field in front of him. If he has a soild defense that don't give up too many shots and keeps the attack away from goal than they may prefer keeper with good aerial dominance. If you have a leaky defence then a out & out shot stopper may be required. Also does he want a keeper who can distribute long for quick counters or to hit the head of a strong midfielder or a keeper who can play as an extra ball player when playing out from the back. Keepers with different strengths fit better into certain teams just like any other player.
    Or do they just want someone they can get on the cheap?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    I would have thought this is the requirements of all keepers. I may be wrong but I would have someone who knows his job and that is to save goals, distribute the ball and organise your defence. No one has answered my question though, who do you rate as a keeper with potential of playing up a division that a club may be interested in other than Kelly or are they all shit.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    No one has answered my question though, who do you rate as a keeper with potential of playing up a division that a club may be interested in other than Kelly or are they all shit.
    I think the young guy at Valo has heaps of potential. I think he may head elsewhere in 2015.

No one has answered my question though
    I listed 2 keepers.
    OK

I would have thought this is the requirements of all keepers. I may be wrong but I would have someone who knows his job and that is to save goals, distribute the ball and organise your defence. No one has answered my question though, who do you rate as a keeper with potential of playing up a division that a club may be interested in other than Kelly or are they all shit.
    All keepers yes, but just with field players certain keepers are stronger in some aspects than they are in others. So he is performing the best in NEWFM maybe influenced by the team & structure he is playing within & it might not be a match for a club who is looking for a keeper with other qualities to suit their style & structure of play.
    If you want a field playing example of what I mean. Team X signs Player Y who was the leading scorer last season, however 80% of his goals were from crosses however Team X plays a keep the ball on the ground style & doesn't have a player who can supply they same quality crosses into the box. Therefore despite player Y being a top player his production would diminsih due to the style of play he now finds himself in.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Or do they just want someone they can get on the cheap?
    The one you mentioned from Westy must be a good keeper if Shal keeps him on the field. If anyone knows anything about keepers the one at Valo is average. I also stated besides Kelly but he really didn't have much to do this year with the team he had in front of him.

The one you mentioned from Westy must be a good keeper if Shal keeps him on the field.
    I think you'll find Westy found him better resourced up front than in goals - they didn't exactly have the best choice of player quality and quantity this season.

The guy is a quality keeper and is only in his early to mid 20s. Also has previously played at state league youth teams. If I were a state league club I'd definately be sounding him out.
    OK

not sure if these 3 are still playing or where as have not watched any games this season but from years past i could see potentially cessnocks keeper, jaffas past newfm keeper and young boy i saw play for westy i feel would be more than capable to fill the spots based on hear say and matches ive watched them play in

also does anyone have details on where and date of newfm gf this year ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    also does anyone have details on where and date of newfm gf this year ? thanks
    Sunday 7th September at Adamstown.
    OK

The ranga between the sticks at cessnock is quality

Reuslts from today's games?