Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Cessnocks goalie is quality.
    Thorntons keeper is very good aswell.

Other than that can't say to much for the rest of the keepers.

19s
    Thornton 2 Cessnock 2
    23s
    Thornton 2 Maitland 0
    1st
    Valo 1 Belswans 0 at half time, very poor first half from both teams with Belmont probably playing the better football aside from the score line.

Quote Originally Posted by Elude View Post
    19s
    Thornton 2 Cessnock 2
    23s
    Thornton 2 Maitland 0
    1st
    Valo 1 Belswans 0 at half time, very poor first half from both teams with Belmont probably playing the better football aside from the score line.
    So Cessnock will play Maitland in 19's that's 1st & 2nd
    Thornton should play Valo in 23's That's 1st & 3rd, a good result for Thornton
    and Maitland and Valo in 1st grade, 1st & 2nd again
    I know games have to be played tomorrow but I think it will pan out this way
    Predictions for next week

not sure if they're nbn quality tho
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Maitland defeated Thorton 9-1 today. Win 13-1 on aggregate to book semi final spot

Both the 19s and reserves games at Windy Hill were 1all today.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by newi24-2-08 View Post
    Maitland defeated Thorton 9-1 today. Win 13-1 on aggregate to book semi final spot
    See I told you all that teams 3>>8 in comp are shit.

Disgraceful a side getting rolled 13-1 on ****ing aggregate in a 2 legged semi.

To say Maitland are a really good side is hard to believe.

When their opponents ain't testing them and they walk all over them it just says that they are massively superior to the opposition.

We will see how they go in the NPL where I am certain they will actually be put under some pressure each week regardless of who they play

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    See I told you all that teams 3>>8 in comp are shit.

Disgraceful a side getting rolled 13-1 on ****ing aggregate in a 2 legged semi.

To say Maitland are a really good side is hard to believe.

When their opponents ain't testing them and they walk all over them it just says that they are massively superior to the opposition.

We will see how they go in the NPL where I am certain they will actually be put under some pressure each week regardless of who they play
    Go back under your rock you negative f@ckwit.

Just an idea for a finals format for all grades and divisions.

Top 4 with the finals series lasting 4 weeks from the first final to Grand Final.

Each side in the top 4 play each other once,

Premiers get 3 home games, 2nd get 2 home games, 3rd get 1 home game and 4th play all away. The top 2 sides after the 3 games go to the Grand Final.

This is rewarding the sides on the position they finish and also giving each and every side a shot at the Grand Final.

Its a massive amount of workload on the premiers pitch but also a huge financial gain.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Yes he is a tool.

Banned
    Negative?? Maybe I am speaking the truth and you just don't like to hear it

I suppose just to prove i can be positive I should actually be accommodating and positive then and praise Thornton for it not being more.

Well done boys on it not making double figures today

Your performance was a credit to yourselves to only concede nine

Wow
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I swear, every time I read a comment from you I feel as though you are slightly more spastic.
    Who gives a shit that there were two stand out teams. Maitland is going up deservedly and the weaker opponents are staying down. Isn't that the whole idea of the system.
    Not every team can scrounger up a NPL quality team, as there is limits on the amount of talent around the area and funds.
    You are comparing NPL quality teams, with the likes of Thornton. The facts are simple, Maitland and Valo are NPL quality teams and the others are not.
    Than why can't Valo and Maitland both go up you may ask? Well then we won't have relegations. Because, the following year you then have a Newfm level team in the NPL and an NPL level team in Newfm. We must then listen to you speak shit again when poor old Thornton cops a hiding from the newly demoted team.
    Last edited by ManUTDSupporter; 31-08-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    I swear, every time I read a comment from you I feel as though you are slightly more spastic.
    Who gives a shit that there were two stand out teams. Maitland is going up deservedly and the weaker opponents are staying down. Isn't that the whole idea of the system.
    Not every team can scrounger up a NPL quality team, as there is limits on the amount of talent around the area and funds.
    You are comparing NPL quality teams, with the likes of Thornton. The facts are simple, Maitland and Valo are NPL quality teams and the others are not.
    Than why can't Valo and Maitland both go up you may ask? Well then we won't have relegations. Because, the following year you then have a Newfm level team in the NPL and an NPL level team in Newfm. We must then listen to you speak shit again when poor old Thornton cops a hiding from the newly demoted team.
    So what you're saying is who gives a **** about this comp. It will always be lopsided and pointless beause there will be always 2 or 3 teams that smash everyone else. Get on board everyone

No. There are a lot of younger guys playing in that competition who can learn off playing the stronger clubs.
    Give it a few years and maybe Thornton or someone will be the new Maitland.
    All I am saying is people need to be less negative and just be happy with what is on offer.
    They do need to cut a comp if teams can not regularly fill all the required teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    No. There are a lot of younger guys playing in that competition who can learn off playing the stronger clubs.
    Give it a few years and maybe Thornton or someone will be the new Maitland.
    All I am saying is people need to be less negative and just be happy with what is on offer.
    They do need to cut a comp if teams can not regularly fill all the required teams.
    I can't agree anymore, Thornton had 3 teams make the semi's with there 23's making the grand final, that shows me they are all about building a winning team not buying one, they would be stronger only Maitland poached a lot of there 19's. So what if you have 2 standout teams, it happens at all levels, you can never have a comp that will be totally equal at all clubs. I personally would love to see 2 more teams come up and have the 2 top divisions having ten teams, maintain 23's and 19's plus add on the 17's. I don't think the introduction of a 20's comp will help develop senior football in the district as a whole.

Just an idea for a finals format for all grades and divisions.

Top 4 with the finals series lasting 4 weeks from the first final to Grand Final.

Each side in the top 4 play each other once,

Premiers get 3 home games, 2nd get 2 home games, 3rd get 1 home game and 4th play all away. The top 2 sides after the 3 games go to the Grand Final.

This is rewarding the sides on the position they finish and also giving each and every side a shot at the Grand Final.

Its a massive amount of workload on the premiers pitch but also a huge financial gain.
    Got to b better than the home and away thing they do now.
    I was up maitland yesterday to watch the 23's and stayed for the 1st half of the main game and got a shock to find out the score.
    Maitland scored after like 3 mins and I thought at that point it was going to be a walk in the park but Thornton levelled and it was pretty even through the middle of the 1st half.
    At one point the maitland coach was giving it to his players about how they opened up down the middle and were allowing the Thornton players time.
    Thornton didn't punish maitland when they had there chances, half time score 3;1 as maitland did punish Thornton wen they had there chance.
    I also noticed Ben Martin on the bench, a good luxury to have.
    Looks like the second half Thornton must of known at 7:1 down with 45 to play there out and maybe gave up, 6 goal second half. Did Ben Martin get on?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Havago View Post
    I can't agree anymore, Thornton had 3 teams make the semi's with there 23's making the grand final, that shows me they are all about building a winning team not buying one, they would be stronger only Maitland poached a lot of there 19's. So what if you have 2 standout teams, it happens at all levels, you can never have a comp that will be totally equal at all clubs. I personally would love to see 2 more teams come up and have the 2 top divisions having ten teams, maintain 23's and 19's plus add on the 17's. I don't think the introduction of a 20's comp will help develop senior football in the district as a whole.
    Building a winning team is one thing but Thornton need top hang onto their kids for the future. Getting thumped by 9 in a semi of all things ain't gonna encourage people to want to hang around.

Fully agree we need to being up 2 of the better ZPL sides and work on getting a balanced promotion relegation program in and out of this League. At present there are 6 clubs going nowhere who are well behind in the race and they need to be forced to pick their game up or head back to the Zone Leagues where there mediocrity can do less damage.

Having 2 stand out teams and comparing this to other Leagues in the world is irrelevant. This is 2nd tier in Newy not some cashed up foreign league running on millions of dollars in money with massive wealth disparities between sides.

The gaps should not be that great here at all considering they are all run on the smell of an oily rag. Anyone telling us anything differently is in some land of cuckoo

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Building a winning team is one thing but Thornton need top hang onto their kids for the future. Getting thumped by 9 in a semi of all things ain't gonna encourage people to want to hang around.

Fully agree we need to being up 2 of the better ZPL sides and work on getting a balanced promotion relegation program in and out of this League. At present there are 6 clubs going nowhere who are well behind in the race and they need to be forced to pick their game up or head back to the Zone Leagues where there mediocrity can do less damage.

Having 2 stand out teams and comparing this to other Leagues in the world is irrelevant. This is 2nd tier in Newy not some cashed up foreign league running on millions of dollars in money with massive wealth disparities between sides.

The gaps should not be that great here at all considering they are all run on the smell of an oily rag. Anyone telling us anything differently is in some land of cuckoo
    The only way you can force teams to pick up there game is to have promotion relegation, remember Maitland where relegated and it has taken 13 years to get back, Valo has only just came back and maintained there team from last year. Stop bagging the comp and encourage teams and players to get in there and havago. There are teams and clubs sitting in lower divisions where they can win a premiership and not challenge themselves. You can only make a stronger comp if everyone gets behind it and makes it better. To make NBN a stronger comp you need a stronger NewFM. The biggest problem is players put winning a ZPL premiership over a NewFM or NBN Premiership. You tell that to all the players playing this weeks grand final.

I think your pretty much on the money, the Cessnock keeper has been quality for many years but I have heard he is calling it quits, the Thornton Keeper is still young and plenty to learn but certainly would be an asset to an NBN team looking to develop a future 1st grader.