Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    I think your criticism of a Youth Grade sides celebrations after full time in a Grand Final win is ridiculous. This is a group of young men who have played all season for that day and won... What did you expect them to go shake hands and have a stretch? Honestly wake up to yourself. The other two games saw the winning team run and jump and enjoy the moment of winning a grand final.

There were some bad tackles from both sides that probably deserved cards but the referee did a good job I thought. Didn't see the ball go over the line in the first half but since you're obviously so one-eyed about the game perhaps try and discredit Maitlands second goal as well? If Cessnock weren't good enough to take their chances then maybe that's why they finished 12 points behind Maitland on the table.

Fortunately, you can watch Cessnock all of next season without having to worry about any decisions going Maitlands way, any bad tackles, whinging or celebrations.
    I don't support Cessnock Sunshine. I just call it as I see it.

As for the celebrations Valo U22's were a lot more reserved in their celebrations. Arms raised at the whistle and then made the effort to shake hands with Thornton boys

I am sure they still enjoyed winning the GF but didn't carry on and were not over the top in their celebrations.

As for Maitland's second goal it was a shit goal to conceed with keeper letting the ball through on the near post like that. The keeper barely made much effort to stop it and I think he misjudged it and thought she was going wide.

MFKS .... Valentine have no problems with Maitland .

It was a very close battle all season and the whole season has rested on the four games between both teams. All games were played with pressure as often happens in football when you know what is at stake.

As much as I am aware both clubs got on perfectly well this year and I spoke to a few of the players at the club on Sunday evening and there was nothing sinister said what so ever towards Maitland as a club or the final itself.

I also spent some time with the Valentine coaching team and they actually mentioned how friendly the Maitland people were towards them and that they got on well with the coaches at Maitland.

On Valentine it will be interesting to see if we can hold on to players and coaches and if we do I have every confidence that next year will be a better final outcome.

Congrats to our 23s who completed the double this year.

Except for the vale 22s bloke who got a straight red after the final whistle for how he was carrying on to the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Except for the vale 22s bloke who got a straight red after the final whistle for how he was carrying on to the crowd.
    What does everybody think
    About mark and Gary Wilson signing with west wallsend? Are they going to buy a few players are they?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I don't support Cessnock Sunshine. I just call it as I see it.
    Didn't we cover that in the NPL youf thread?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Wallsend are advertising for 23's and 19's coaches for "prospective" promotion.... interesting!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    About mark and Gary Wilson signing with west wallsend? Are they going to buy a few players are they?
    Great guys and great players.

I wonder if this means they've come across some money for next season, or if they're just getting locals to play for them.

Word is Westy are also signing the former Lakes reserve grade keeper whose name escapes me. Not sure if/where he's been playing since Lakes tbh.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Didn't we cover that in the NPL youf thread?
    We probably did though it is amazing how people seem to think any opinion is based on a bias cause you support a particular club.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

I wonder if this means they've come across some money for next season, or if they're just getting locals to play for them.

Word is Westy are also signing the former Lakes reserve grade keeper whose name escapes me. Not sure if/where he's been playing since Lakes tbh.
    Both Wilson's are good friends with Gary Rowe I believe it will be good also herd they have signed the jones brothers and Kyle Clarke. I
    Expect a few guys to go there then if these are true rumours. Would be good to see the bluebells do well again.

Both Wilson's are good friends with Gary Rowe I believe it will be good also herd they have signed the jones brothers and Kyle Clarke. I
    Expect a few guys to go there then if these are true rumours. Would be good to see the bluebells do well again.
    So 3 signings from ZPL clubs and that will help their cause.... thats interesting for the ZPL vs NEWFM debate!
    By the way, i agree that it will help them but just saying!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

With all these ZPL Teams supposedly coming up and Westy possibly looking strong again, it will be an even closer competition for the 2,3,4 spots next season.

And people will still complain about the parity in NewFm...

Tyler Warren?
    Used to play at Westy too iirc

There may be new players but no one is being paid at Westy next season. The club is not offering match payments, win bonuses or sign on fees. And aside from a small budget assigned to Gary Rowe for equipment etc all players are paying their own registration fees.

That came directly from the club president. I hope they do strengthen but it seems they are not willing to enter bidding wars to do it.

And it seems U17's is in NewFm again for 2015, clubs have been asked to confirm they will field 4 teams for 2015 this week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    There may be new players but no one is being paid at Westy next season. The club is not offering match payments, win bonuses or sign on fees. And aside from a small budget assigned to Gary Rowe for equipment etc all players are paying their own registration fees.

That came directly from the club president. I hope they do strengthen but it seems they are not willing to enter bidding wars to do it.

And it seems U17's is in NewFm again for 2015, clubs have been asked to confirm they will field 4 teams for 2015 this week.
    Good to see they ain't paying players. Hopefully a few others follow suit

How any club at this level can justify paying a cent to players borders on farce. Money better spent on strengthening the club coaching etc than going into the beer drinking kitty of players

Not sure that many clubs do pay players in newfm , but i may be wrong. I know that valentine pay an amount to first grade but that is mainly to pay for fuel and away game trips and football boots etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Not sure that many clubs do pay players in newfm , but i may be wrong. I know that valentine pay an amount to first grade but that is mainly to pay for fuel and away game trips and football boots etc.
    I am fairly sure every club but Westy paid players this year. Of which ones I know for sure did: Maitland, Thornton, Toronto, Singleton. So I haven't had it confirmed if Cessnock or Belswans did or not (but I assume they both did), and you said Valentine made player payments of some description.

So yeah, pretty sure every club bar Westy paid players this year. How much though, is hard to say. I heard of Singleton throwing huge money, I've heard from the horses mouth a NPL player that was in preseason offered more money (much more) to play for Maitland instead of his current NPL team, and haven't heard anything overly interesting about the rest.
    Last edited by pv4; 11-09-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    OK

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Hahaha… this is sooo funny!

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    I am fairly sure every club but Westy paid players this year. Of which ones I know for sure did: Maitland, Thornton, Toronto, Singleton. So I haven't had it confirmed if Cessnock or Belswans did or not (but I assume they both did), and you said Valentine made player payments of some description.

So yeah, pretty sure every club bar Westy paid players this year. How much though, is hard to say. I heard of Singleton throwing huge money, I've heard from the horses mouth a NPL player that was in preseason offered more money (much more) to play for Maitland instead of his current NPL team, and haven't heard anything overly interesting about the rest.

Yep… can confirm that BelSwans paid players this year and every year previously. Heard that back in '85 one player was pulling $350 a game. Nowhere near those $$$ these days though.

Don't pay players, don't have a successful season and don't get promoted. Not difficult to work out why clubs should pay players.

Both great players in their day , but aren't both over 40 now,gary was a few years older than me and would have to be 43-44. Surely they will struggle in new fm