Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Not sure that many clubs do pay players in newfm , but i may be wrong. I know that valentine pay an amount to first grade but that is mainly to pay for fuel and away game trips and football boots etc.
    **** Me

I have heard clubs do actually pay blokes in the Zone Leagues from blokes playing for the clubs so would assume NEW FM is widespread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    **** Me

I have heard clubs do actually pay blokes in the Zone Leagues from blokes playing for the clubs so would assume NEW FM is widespread
    Ok , you can make your point without swearing. I was just saying that Valentine do and not sure about others....

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Don't pay players, don't have a successful season and don't get promoted. Not difficult to work out why clubs should pay players.
    But do you think it is in the best interests of the game locally long term that clubs are willing/forced to put anywhere from $35,000 (to come last) to $80,000 plus (to make a Grand Final in NBN) into players pockets? Obviously less in NewFm but still substantial for many clubs in terms of their overall budgets.

Why would a player allow money to decide his allegiance for a season above club loyalty, facilities, relationship with coaches, opportuntity to improve as a player, enjoy a good club atmosphere, to play with long term friends? But they do, it is why Northern introduced to Point System to attempt to halt the mercenary tactics by some players, it is why some clubs (probably not enough yet) have begin to take advantage of that and regain a degree control over what money the offer players.

These are not my words but I thought them very apt when I heard them spoken to a potential NewFm player who was asking for $100/win to play for a club last preseason.

"We (the club) are allowed charge $5 entry, so you (the player) not the whole team but just you alone need to provide such a high quality of entertainment to the general public that you will bring 20 people through the gates at every home game this season. And that is just to break even, add in your rego and now you need to be bringing 30-35 people through the gate to pay for yourself." Needless to say he didn't play NewFm this season and went to a ZPL Club willing to pay his demands.

I am not saying players deserve zero (depending on what level) but I certainly think the percentage of total income being used to fund player payments is far too high across all the divisions in local football.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    But do you think it is in the best interests of the game locally long term that clubs are willing/forced to put anywhere from $35,000 (to come last) to $80,000 plus (to make a Grand Final in NBN) into players pockets? Obviously less in NewFm but still substantial for many clubs in terms of their overall budgets.

Why would a player allow money to decide his allegiance for a season above club loyalty, facilities, relationship with coaches, opportuntity to improve as a player, enjoy a good club atmosphere, to play with long term friends? But they do, it is why Northern introduced to Point System to attempt to halt the mercenary tactics by some players, it is why some clubs (probably not enough yet) have begin to take advantage of that and regain a degree control over what money the offer players.

These are not my words but I thought them very apt when I heard them spoken to a potential NewFm player who was asking for $100/win to play for a club last preseason.

"We (the club) are allowed charge $5 entry, so you (the player) not the whole team but just you alone need to provide such a high quality of entertainment to the general public that you will bring 20 people through the gates at every home game this season. And that is just to break even, add in your rego and now you need to be bringing 30-35 people through the gate to pay for yourself." Needless to say he didn't play NewFm this season and went to a ZPL Club willing to pay his demands.

I am not saying players deserve zero (depending on what level) but I certainly think the percentage of total income being used to fund player payments is far too high across all the divisions in local football.
    Great Post

Everyone's opinions on the addition of U17's?

Silly age in my opinion. NPL takes about 160 eligible players, another 20-30 are laready playing higher grades anyway so the best 200 U17's are taken in an exisiting competition. Where the heck does Northern think another 170 talented ones are coming from? May as well just admit its a C Grade comp. Why not have 15/16's first where the numbers are still there?

Only good part might be as its 17's junior clubs will not be as concerned in losing a team that age as a younger side.

Banned
    Everyone's opinions on the addition of U17's?

Silly age in my opinion. NPL takes about 160 eligible players, another 20-30 are laready playing higher grades anyway so the best 200 U17's are taken in an exisiting competition. Where the heck does Northern think another 170 talented ones are coming from? May as well just admit its a C Grade comp. Why not have 15/16's first where the numbers are still there?

Only good part might be as its 17's junior clubs will not be as concerned in losing a team that age as a younger side.
    Thought the whole idea was to slowly get the structures in place so the NEW FM clubs have little to do to adjust to the NPL.

If these clubs can't rustle up junior teams then why are they playing at this level

Thought the whole idea was to slowly get the structures in place so the NEW FM clubs have little to do to adjust to the NPL.

If these clubs can't rustle up junior teams then why are they playing at this level
    You seem very quick to take a negative attitude to the competition clubs as a whole. It was simply the age of the side I questioned not its existence, and while you comment on the clubs deserving to be at this level.... it was the current clubs who voted to bring in this additional side, and the reason was to step all clubs closer to holding NPL Licences together.

If NPL has 15 and 17 then I would have thought the sensible thing to do was have NewFM field the other ages, in this first step 16's. Therefore any 15yo NPL who was not selected in U17's they could drop to 16's NewFM and when a club wins promotion their current 16's would be the natural U17's NPL side the following year. Yes that may still happen, and I hope for all those kids it does but the physical size difference between a kid who doesn't turn 15 till November compared to one who turned 17 in January might be enough for him not to continue in NewFM.

The fact remains there are not over 300 talented U17 players in the lower hunter for clubs to compete over. I just think it was a rather narrow vision taken by Northern, clubs will field sides no doubt but at the end of the day they can only field the sides who from players who register with them. And unfortunately for the kids involved in this years NPL in the U13's and in U14's for South Cardiff and Jaffas, in U15's Adamdstown were examples of this. All those sides picked up under ten competition points yet none of those clubs would have wanted to field lower than competitive sides in those competitions.

Banned
    You seem very quick to take a negative attitude to the competition clubs as a whole. It was simply the age of the side I questioned not its existence, and while you comment on the clubs deserving to be at this level.... it was the current clubs who voted to bring in this additional side, and the reason was to step all clubs closer to holding NPL Licences together.

If NPL has 15 and 17 then I would have thought the sensible thing to do was have NewFM field the other ages, in this first step 16's. Therefore any 15yo NPL who was not selected in U17's they could drop to 16's NewFM and when a club wins promotion their current 16's would be the natural U17's NPL side the following year. Yes that may still happen, and I hope for all those kids it does but the physical size difference between a kid who doesn't turn 15 till November compared to one who turned 17 in January might be enough for him not to continue in NewFM.

The fact remains there are not over 300 talented U17 players in the lower hunter for clubs to compete over. I just think it was a rather narrow vision taken by Northern, clubs will field sides no doubt but at the end of the day they can only field the sides who from players who register with them. And unfortunately for the kids involved in this years NPL in the U13's and in U14's for South Cardiff and Jaffas, in U15's Adamdstown were examples of this. All those sides picked up under ten competition points yet none of those clubs would have wanted to field lower than competitive sides in those competitions.
    Where exactly was I being negative towards the clubs at this level?? It isn't exactly huge expectations to expect clubs at this level to be able to field junior sides also is it??

As for your complaints blaming Northern for this I struggle to understand what you are getting at Northern for as they are only building the grassroots landscape further as required by the FFA.

To me the "narrow" view is really yours that the clubs in this area can not find 300 kids to play U 17's level football. Isn't it up to the clubs to actually keep kids interested and involved and develop their skills so that they have 300 kids still playing when they reach 17 years old and able to fill the spots adequately??

If the clubs actually worked on developing their players through the ages they will actually have better talented kids at this age to play rather than the hope thing that exists where they magically think they will arrive and success will come

NNSWF Board will vote on October 11 to decide if NewFM will become a 10 team comp.

The 4 teams vying for the 2 spots
    - Cooks Hill
    - Morriset
    - Swansea
    - Kahibah

I think it will be Cooks Hill as there is not a team based in Newcastle in the NewFM.

And Morriest as Northern will want to mine some players from the coast.

No Swansea as long as Belswans is still in.

Don't know much about Kahibah except Grumphriet coaching there.
    Last edited by The Postman; 24-09-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    NNSWF Board will vote on October 11 to decide if NewFM will become a 10 team comp.

- Cooks Hill
    - Morriset
    - Swansea
    - Kahibah

I think it will be Cooks Hill, Morriest

Wallsend not apply?

I'm surprised they haven't to be honest

- Cooks Hill
    - Morriset
    - Swansea
    - Kahibah

I think it will be Cooks Hill, Morriest

Seems Cooks Hill are a formality the other one I'm backing is Swansea, I think that because they're Macquarie's 2nd biggest club based on numbers of registered player's will work in their favour.
    Interesting that Wallsend never applied I'm sure they have their reason's, Morriset finished 6th or 7th in ZL1 I would be surprised if it's awarded to them. I know it's not going to be based on where you finished this year but it would seem strange for Morriest to skip ZPL and go straight into NewFM. Kahibah I don't know much about, apart from them losing CT which from what I'm lead to believe will help them retain most of the playing group.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

- Cooks Hill
    - Morriset
    - Swansea
    - Kahibah

I think it will be Cooks Hill as there is not a team based in Newcastle in the NewFM.

And Morriest as Northern will want to mine some players from the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Wallsend not apply?
    I'm surprised they haven't to be honest
    The Herald article (Sept 3rd) listed Wallsend in the group of 5 applying.
    Have they since withdrawn?

I have also heard meeting now on the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    The Herald article (Sept 3rd) listed Wallsend in the group of 5 applying.
    Have they since withdrawn?

I have also heard meeting now on the 15th.
    I was going from this article from the 23rd.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/25...league/?cs=306

Banned
    Cooks Hill United, Morisset, Swansea, Wallsend and Kahibah are in the running for two positions in a new-look 10-team competition.
    According to that article they are still interested

According to that article they are still interested
    Well that changes everything.

What will happen to the Zone Leagues if 2 teams come up, massive restructuring incoming.

Olympic from ID2s have been offered and have accepted promotion to ID1s, I've been told.

And they came 2nd behind Bero, who I was told through the year were keen to go for promotion.

So seemingly, at least 2 teams from ID2s will be moving to ID1s.

How that affects ID1s, ZPL as a flow-on, I don't know.
    Last edited by pv4; 25-09-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    OK

So if we had, say, cooks hill and morisset head into NewFm. Do we think this will strengthen the quality and overall balance in the competition?

Something like this maybe

NPL
    1. Adamstown Rosebud FC
    2. Broadmeadow Magic FC
    3. Charlestown City Blues FC
    4. Edgeworth FC
    5. Hamilton Olympic FC
    6. Lambton Jaffas FC
    7. Maitland FC
    8. Newcastle Jets Youth
    9. South Cardiff FC
    10. Weston Workers FC

NewFM
    1. Belmont Swansea Utd SC
    2. Cessnock City FC
    3. Cooks Hill UFC
    4. Lake Macquarie City FC
    5. Singleton SC
    6. Thornton Redbacks FC
    7. Toronto Awaba FC
    8. Valentine FC
    9. Wallsend FC
    10. West Wallsend SFC

ZPL
    1. New Lambton Eagles FC
    2. Mayfield USFC
    3. Barnsley USC
    4. Dudley Redhead SFC
    5. Swansea FC
    6. Uni Mens FC
    7. Kahibah FC
    8. Cardiff City FC
    9. Beresfield USSC
    10. Garden Suburb FC

ZPL 1
    1. Jesmond FC
    2. Newcastle Suns FC
    3. Kotara South Senior FC
    4. Nelson Bay FC
    5. Warners Bay FC
    6. Morisset SC
    7. Beresfield FC
    8. Hamilton Olympic FC

ZPL 2
    1. Westlakes Wildcats FC
    2. Raymond Terrace SC
    3. Muswellbrook FC
    4. Stockton Sharks FC
    5. Charlestown City Blues FC
    6. Uni Mens FC
    7. Plattsburg Maryland FC
    8. Merewether Advance SFC

ZPL 3
    1. Medowie FC
    2. Hunter Simba FC
    3. Cooks Hill UFC ZL3
    4. Kurri Kurri SSC 18
    5. RAAF Williamtown FC 1
    6. Tenambit Sharks FC
    7. Mayfield United JFC
    8. Dudley Redhead UJFC

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    So if we had, say, cooks hill and morisset head into NewFm. Do we think this will strengthen the quality and overall balance in the competition?
    Probably just 2 more teams to get touched up by Valo and/or Lakes.

I don't think it will make the comp better at all, will just mean more teams battling for 4th spot.