Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1201

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

So with the news yesterday from Northern on NewFM will that end this nonsense that ZPl is a better competition than NewFM or is NewFM now a better competition than NPL :-) .

So it's exactly how we all new it would be 2 teams deserve to be promoted and one has bought a spot in newfm kahibah couldn't win a chook raffle and get promoted 2yrs in a row well done money talks.

What are the grounds like for these clubs? Reading those comments and seeing words like "improvements" and "plans" makes me think they aren't up to scratch at the moment.

Also 11 teams = 20 Rounds, 10 home, 10 away so a couple teams will lose a home game from this season. It hopedully won't make that big a difference but that canteen/gate money is pretty valuable to some clubs.
    Last edited by The Postman; 14-10-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Sideline,Wallsend won't be there to make up numbers I assure you.Getting back into NewFM is something we've worked hard for on & off the field in the last few years.Its a very exciting time to be a part of this great club,cannot wait for next year..
    Welcome back..hope this great club gets into NPL where it belongs

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    What are the grounds like for these clubs? Reading those comments and seeing words like "improvements" and "plans" makes me think they aren't up to scratch at the moment.

Also 11 teams = 20 Rounds, 10 home, 10 away so a couple teams will lose a home game from this season. It hopedully won't make that big a difference but that canteen/gate money is pretty valuable to some clubs.
    By the end of the season the Athletics Track Field is crap. It is bumpy, couch which goes dormant (All the good fields - Magic, Hamilton etc are Kikuyu). Apparently $600k in improvements - not sure what they are planning to do....

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

Cooks hill is one of the worst grounds in Newcastle. Improvements to the facilities but bumpy and sand based. Wallsend has bindies on it and Kahibah is crap. Good luck with that

Banned
    Interesting the 11 team concept.

Seems to me like someone has been pencilled in for the 12th spot as soon as they get something sorted and are getting told sort this and you are in.

Hopefully the changes will see the League become a bit more competitive across the entire comp

I had the same thought

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Cooks hill is one of the worst grounds in Newcastle. Improvements to the facilities but bumpy and sand based. Wallsend has bindies on it and Kahibah is crap. Good luck with that
    Yep, pretty much my thoughts!

The people who said kahibah looked decent obviously didnt get on the pitch. It did look decent from the seating, but was bumpy and hard once out there!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

I think somebody may fallover before start next season

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    As for our bindies United,yes there are a few around the outskirts of the ground (none on the playing surface though,I checked less than an hour ago),we've had it sprayed recently & will continue to do so until all weeds are gone,to get the ground in the best possible condition for quality football to be played on it next season is very important to us,we've also got months to get rid of a few bindies..If Wallsend has the worst pitch in this comp next year I'll eat my hat

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Interesting the 11 team concept.
    Seems to me like someone has been pencilled in for the 12th spot as soon as they get something sorted and are getting told sort this and you are in.
    Or one to drop out

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Welcome back..hope this great club gets into NPL where it belongs
    Thank you for the kind words De-Champ!Positive talk about another club on the forum is very rare,make yourself known to me at a Wallsend home game next year & I'll shout you a beer!And yes NPL is obviously one of our ultimate goals.Its a very exciting time to be a Red Devil..

Maybe jets to go to nsw npl and winner (or top 2 with relegated npl team) promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Maybe jets to go to nsw npl and winner (or top 2 with relegated npl team) promoted?
    Why the hell would the youth move to nsw? They already complain when playing at Weston, travelling 2hrs each week each way to play is rediculous.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Why the hell would the youth move to nsw? They already complain when playing at Weston, travelling 2hrs each week each way to play is rediculous.
    Wasn't this their plan all along? Thus the move of W-League EJ team to NSWWPL.
    Not saying I agree, though i feel like I saw something about it when they first came to the NPL/NBN...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Could only imagine for better opposition, facilities and professionalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    So you're suggesting a 12 team NPL without Jets Youth and a 9 team NewFM?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    So you're suggesting a 12 team NPL without Jets Youth and a 9 team NewFM?
    I was on phone and trying to not type as much, but no.

10 team NPL 2015
    11 team NEWFM 2015

Jets youth move to NSWPL and winner is promoted.
    So 10 and 10. And not sure if they would relegate last in NPL if the Jets move on, but if there was a relegation, 2nd team promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Sideline,Wallsend won't be there to make up numbers I assure you.Getting back into NewFM is something we've worked hard for on & off the field in the last few years.Its a very exciting time to be a part of this great club,cannot wait for next year..
    good to hear Dan sorry did not mean it in a nasty kind of way...... very happy to see you guys apart of it again would be great to see the club be back to its successful days )

looking forward to attending a red devils match again