Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone Premier League Thread

The best thing about this league is that every team will be aiming for top 4 as a minimum. It's such a competitive and quality league. As I said, I can also see cookers barnsley and wallsend being top 4, but I don't think they will walk it in.
    Good to hear peoples opinions though and I hadn't heard that about uni. Good luck to then if they do go up, they had a really strong whole club last year and deserve success!

Also, if uni go up and Plattsy are no longer will it be an 8 team comp?

uni's team is year dependent . on who is at the uni at the time. so its a bit of a lucky dip.

They havent been moved up.

Noone's mentioned dudley who were quality in all 3 grades last season. Wallsend should jump up with the best of them. Cooks hill be strong as always. can't comment on anyone else

There is talk in the ZL1 thread that Plattsy have dropped out of ZPL. Can anyone from Plattsburg confirm this?

Its almost come a time when all Zone League Grades become 1st and Reserves and if teams can have 4 teams they can enter 2 teams. Obviously both teams cant be in the same grade

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Also, if uni go up and Plattsy are no longer will it be an 8 team comp?
    What do we think of this?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Its almost come a time when all Zone League Grades become 1st and Reserves and if teams can have 4 teams they can enter 2 teams. Obviously both teams cant be in the same grade
    That would be just too much common sense, It is hard for ZL1 teams to field 3 sides and it reduces the quality of the games with guys backing up for 2 or sometimes 3 games, if a club is looking at promotion from ZL they now have the stepping stone to ZPL in preperation to NewFM to field 3 sides

I highly doubt anyone will be going up to NewFM

not only that ^^ but they have to field a heap of age restricted sides even on the off chance they did let someone go to newfm . Look at zone premier league teams how many young kids do they have in them ? not many!

first grades full of ex nbn players that were in don't fit in the stupid age guidelines or just want to play for fun now and for the most part the rest of the league is filled with older blokes to.

apart from first grade nbn n newfm is for kids, What happened to ' if a kids good enough he'll take the old blokes spot anyway' Without giving the spots handed to em!
    Last edited by fresh; 06-02-2014 at 01:23 PM.

This may be the case for a majority but far from correct!!

I think in wallsends first grade squad there average age would be 23 with about 2-3 players older than that. At max 27!!!

There is a lot to do with junior development at clubs to progress up but there is no way you can say no one will be promoted!! There are some very very average football sides in new fm and there is no doubt that a few zone premier teams would more than compete

Quote Originally Posted by Eleganceisirrelevant View Post

I think in wallsends first grade squad there average age would be 23 with about 2-3 players older than that. At max 27!!!

There is a lot to do with junior development at clubs to progress up but there is no way you can say no one will be promoted!! There are some very very average football sides in new fm and there is no doubt that a few zone premier teams would more than compete
    From what I am aware of from attending various meetings at both Zone NNSW level there is no promotion to New FM and above the only way up is through application only with certain criteria to be met such as facilities, funds, junior teams, stable committee and to a lesser extent results (based on NPL licence). Thornton & Singo are the only teams in the top 2 grades that don't have NPL licences so the only way I can see any Club going up from the Zone leagues to any of the top 2 grades (NEW FM & NBN) would be that they are approved for a NPL licence or they are closer to getting one then Thornton or Singo. Purely my opinion only based on what i have heard over the last 12 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleganceisirrelevant View Post

everybody knows that so many zpl teams would make a run at the newfm title. newfm is a joke .

some people dont realise that theres actually quality running around in zone leagues.

how can cooks hill be in the mix of zpl every year and never get a look in moving up grades when theres terrible teams in newfm?

watch how spread out newfm table will be and watch how close zpl will be this year. wasnt there 12-0 thumpings in newfm last year. bit of a joke!
    Last edited by fresh; 06-02-2014 at 04:15 PM.

newfm is normally spread out cause you have a couple of teams spending big trying to get into nbn and others with limited funds just getting by IMO
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    everybody knows that so many zpl teams would make a run at the newfm title. newfm is a joke .

some people dont realise that theres actually quality running around in zone leagues.

how can cooks hill be in the mix of zpl every year and never get a look in moving up grades when theres terrible teams in newfm?

watch how spread out newfm table will be and watch how close zpl will be this year. wasnt there 12-0 thumpings in newfm last year. bit of a joke!
    Agree that the NewFm is a very unbalanced comp and some pretty poor teams. I agree that a few ZPL clubs could potentially hold there own

But to say they would make a run for the comp ? would be interesting to know what makes you think this ? I take it ZPL will be stronger from all the fall down from state league and there new points rules
    Last edited by NewFM 2014; 07-02-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Pretty obvious why Cooks Hill never get a look in to go up. Their facilities are crap and always have been. When the away team has to change in a demountable shed.
    As for promotion to newfm. I don't know why teams keep bothering to try and get up. The fees are a joke, the amount of youth teams is terrible and competition worse. Plus arent they restructuring the whole NNSW into that stupid elite comp? Where it will be 10 teams and rest back in Zone. So going up will mean in 1 to 2 years time coming back down.

Uni promoted to what? They don't have the junior teams to meet the criteria. Plus their ground is not fenced in so that goes against them

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Plattsburg are officially out - email just received from Newcastle Football

Replaced by Kahibah

Just received this from the Zone boss man

Morning

So far the 2014 preseason has faced a “few speed bumps”, fixtures are still be finalised, be patient, divisions have been reorganised due to Clubs difficulty to participate in a particular division (criteria based); thanks to those clubs for the early update and all the best for the restructure within your club.

Now to the best kept secret in ZFL…….not.

First of all to the Committee at Plattsburg, appreciate the honesty of your decision and all the best for your particular restructure over the next few seasons.

Yes Plattsburg have now officially withdrawn from Premier Division and will be regarded to League Two.
    On the subject of their replacement on behalf of the Joint Zone Panel I forward the following.
    After due process and procedure to select another club to enter Premier League; contacting the top four clubs from 2013 League One season and offer them the opportunity, failing that there was an acceptance from that group we consider all other Clubs from the 2013 League One competition, irrespective of ladder position.

Congratulations to Kahibah FC for their selection into the 2014 Zone Football Premier League.

The fixtures for Premier and other Divisions affected by this move will be a focus to complete over the next few days, the adjustments will be distributed at the earliest. Adjustments to the other League lists will be forthcoming after further communications.

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Pretty obvious why Cooks Hill never get a look in to go up. Their facilities are crap and always have been. When the away team has to change in a demountable shed.
    As for promotion to newfm. I don't know why teams keep bothering to try and get up. The fees are a joke, the amount of youth teams is terrible and competition worse. Plus arent they restructuring the whole NNSW into that stupid elite comp? Where it will be 10 teams and rest back in Zone. So going up will mean in 1 to 2 years time coming back down.
    Newcastle Council have just put the upgrade of the Athletics field out to tender. Looks about $300k ish..... New canteen / Amenities and extended sheds to the rear of the grandstand. Just shame about the pitch now.
    Yes you can play on it when it rains, but i even hate playing on it in the dry. Not conducive to good football at all.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    have another look at the pitch at the Athletics Field this season

if it wasn't ruined during early wet weather last season it would have looked a lot better last season as well

light years ahead of where it was before we started putting a bit of TLC into it (and water, lots of nasty chemicals and water)