Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone Premier League Thread

New is a joke think nnsw need to change the rules and forget the age limits still have a 19s but bring back reserve grade the quality is just not there, realistically maitland and bel swans maybe westy and valentine are only teams of having a crack, surely teams such as wallsend cookers mayfield uni Dudley would all be competitive in new fm again just age restrictions as to why most these players are the clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Playitonthedeck View Post
    New is a joke think nnsw need to change the rules and forget the age limits still have a 19s but bring back reserve grade the quality is just not there, realistically maitland and bel swans maybe westy and valentine are only teams of having a crack, surely teams such as wallsend cookers mayfield uni Dudley would all be competitive in new fm again just age restrictions as to why most these players are the clubs
    that would make to much sence. and id actually go watch reserve grade then.

People scream development and i get that but if a kid cant take an older blokes spot without age restrictions he isn't going to make it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    that would make to much sence. and id actually go watch reserve grade then.

People scream development and i get that but if a kid cant take an older blokes spot without age restrictions he isn't going to make it anyway.
    Having played in new fm and zpl now can safely say zpl reserves is a much better standard then 23s new fm a lot more quality zpl

Barnsley beat Thornton 4-2 yesterday, unsure of other grades.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Barnsley beat Thornton 4-2 yesterday, unsure of other grades.
    i think it was 3 or 4-0 to thornton in 3rds
    1-1 in res

Jay dobinson to Thornton I've herd lad was at edgeworth last season rumours going around Nathan Mcallister out of jail and back there under his dad

Does anyone else think Warners Bay were hard done by not getting chance to come back up?

Considering the previous few years that were front runners in comp and had one bad year due to coaching issues at start of year.

They were relegated in last round, reserves made semis and thid grade won GF.

Surely they were more deserving of place in ZPL then Kahibah.

They probably are feeling hard done by but then again Kahibah had one bad year in their 11 years in ZPL and paid the price for that year. In their time in ZPL they were probably only behind New Lambton and Cardiff in regards to overall club success and longevity in that comp with minor and major premierships in all 3 grades. Its tough on Warners Bay especially as there are some strong clubs in ZL1 which makes it hard to bounce straight back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Does anyone else think Warners Bay were hard done by not getting chance to come back up?

Considering the previous few years that were front runners in comp and had one bad year due to coaching issues at start of year.

They were relegated in last round, reserves made semis and thid grade won GF.

Surely they were more deserving of place in ZPL then Kahibah.
    I think the problems at the Bay went beyond just form on the field.
    At the end of last season they couldn't use the canteen because apparently there was a tiff with the Junior club, and heard plenty of rumours about problems on the committee.
    Shame, as they had obviously put in a lot of work to get where they were, but if they were crumbling and Kahibah are growing then I say give Kahibah a shot.

Think people are being a little generous that Kahibah only had one bad year. They finished 6th in 2012 in 1st grade, 26 points off first place. 2013 they finished 7th and were 23 points behind.

Am not sure of Warners Bays issues with Juniors but do know they were not even offered chance to go back to ZPL.

Bit tough considering they minor premiers by 6 points in 2012.

Personally think that it is wrong that team that finishes 7th gets promoted. Would rather see no relegation then this.

dont worry reds. they'll be back down next season. Ive heard they've attracked about 3 first graders following the coaching staff. Rest is last years zl1 squad. Wont cut it in zpl unless many more new players. Coach is optimistic on winning thinking its 'only third division football'. Hes got a rude shock ahead.

Mayfield vs Doyalson yesterday res/3rds mayo 7-0 1st mayo 4-2

dont worry reds. they'll be back down next season. Ive heard they've attracked about 3 first graders following the coaching staff. Rest is last years zl1 squad. Wont cut it in zpl unless many more new players. Coach is optimistic on winning thinking its 'only third division football'. Hes got a rude shock ahead.
    Knowing CT as most do in the Newcastle football community I dont believe a word of this sorry. CT would never disrespect either ZPL or the multiple amount of people he knows both coaching and playing in it as he knows its a highly competitive comp .. Sorry to be offensive but I believe this to be nonsense
    Last edited by NewFM 2014; 17-02-2014 at 02:16 PM.

'only third division football'.
    is that a direct quote from CT

Surprised that Kahibah have only 3 new players considering they are throwing money at everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Surprised that Kahibah have only 3 new players considering they are throwing money at everyone.
    bin told they have had a few come. just only 3 or so quality players. Apperently theres more to come. I dont know this is just second hand info from a mate at the club

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Not What I have heard , I have heard quite the contrary that he has a fair few players( 7-8) with state league expierience (As in played last year or in the last few years, which grade not sure). Has accumilated these players with a promise of a relaxed routine compared to NBN training schedule. My source is a current player in training there atm.

I would find it suprising that Northern NSW would give kahibah a free pass up a division without Kahibah having to at least present some sort of medium term plan.

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Not What I have heard , I have heard quite the contrary that he has a fair few players( 7-8) with state league expierience (As in played last year or in the last few years, which grade not sure). Has accumilated these players with a promise of a relaxed routine compared to NBN training schedule. My source is a current player in training there atm.

I would find it suprising that Northern NSW would give kahibah a free pass up a division without Kahibah having to at least present some sort of medium term plan.

well that's probably right then. The relaxed routine is right. Some zpl clubs training 3 times a week. Kahibah once for an hour. Very relaxed!

Yeah I heard that only training once a week , strange to say the least

From what i was told it was originally only 4th division football. when they were in zl1. Now its only 3rd divsion football and he expects to win the comp. Don't want to go any further into it this is just what i was told off a source which I 100 percent believe. Not interested in argueing about it
    thats class - I dont want to get into an arguement but I will tell you my point of view first but please dont reply , ooh and my source is 100% correct :-) ... I should try that with my wife ...