Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone Premier League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Cooks Hill- 5 grand finals in 5 years. Reserve Grade and 3rds always in grand finals, semis or hunt for minor premiership. Hard to find a better club to move up to Newfm. I think after seeing Thornton make the semi finals in Newfm I cannot see how the top 4 teams in ZPL would not beat them. University, Mayfield, New Lambton and Wallsend a little bit to inconsistent over an extended period of time to go up.
    I think you are assuming that promotion from this competition is based on performance, which it is not. It is primarily based on eligibility criteria around grounds. I agree that Cookers deserve promotion and I have no doubt that they will get it (along with Wallsend). It will be interesting to see where all of the players that are no longer able to play for the club will end up.

Cooks Hill, Wallsend & Kahibah going up to NewFM. What does that mean for ZPL?

Swansea
    Mayfield
    Uni
    Dudley
    New Lambton
    Barnsley

Beresfield

Will it be a 8 team or a 10 team comp, are Cardiff safe from relegation?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Swansea
    Mayfield
    Uni
    Dudley
    New Lambton
    Barnsley

Beresfield

I'd say there will be a fair bit of movement happening in terms of clubs, comps etc for next year. They'll want 10 team comps still so there'll be some gaps to fill.

I think cardiff will still go down, is there something in the rules about relegation having to occur??

Swansea
    Mayfield
    Uni
    Dudley
    New Lambton
    Barnsley

Beresfield

You would be hoping and preying that it would remain a 10 team comp, with Newcastle Football seeing that the likes of Burbs and Suns are capable of competing in this grade.
    Last edited by amishpanda; 13-10-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    You would be hoping and preying that it would remain a 10 team comp, with NNSWF seeing that the likes of Burbs and Suns are capable of competing in this grade.
    I don't think it's up to NNSWF
    I could be completely wrong but I think Newcastle Football runs the Zone Leagues on behalf of all the local Federations.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I could be completely wrong but I think Newcastle Football runs the Zone Leagues on behalf of all the local Federations.
    Apologies, entirely correct. I meant Newc Football. Will edit it.

Swansea
    Mayfield
    Uni
    Dudley
    New Lambton
    Barnsley

Beresfield

You have got to be kidding me. Kahibah promoted? Wow criteria is out the window. They could hardly field 3 teams in an open comp. Come 2nd last and go up hahaha. Will get smashed

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Kahibah promoted? Wow criteria is out the window. They could hardly field 3 teams in an open comp. Come 2nd last and go up hahaha. Will get smashed
    they are going down to newfm

And you are correct there.

Had a chat with the Zone 'gaffer' just then and discussed the ability of clubs to go up to ZL1 with 3 teams.
    It will certainly be an interesting Zone meeting out at Sth Wallsend Wed week. (22nd)

Cardiff to stay in zpl for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Wallsend Football Club - NewFM 2015

Wallsend Football Club will be running trials and welcomes both new and existing players to trial for our u17's, u19's & u23's teams

These sessions will be held at Federal Park (off Boscawen street), Wallsend.

The dates are:
    - Friday 17th October,kick off 6pm -7:30pm

- Monday 20th October,kick off 6pm -7:30pm

- Wednesday 22nd October,kick off 6pm -7:30pm

(players to arrive at least half hr before to register details for these sessions)

Head coach contact: Josh Rufo - 0448 034 955
    U23 coach contact: Mick Bell - 0417665753
    U19 coach contact: Alex Caley - 0422310109

WFC
    Est.1887
    Sorry but what a joke this is. Your club has been itching to get back up. Yet you want to now try and bleed other zone teams of players

Would not be surprised to see Gumprecht bring in some of the older kids from his International Football School!

The 17's issue is an interesting one but I can only guess that one of the big aims of NNSW is to get more clubs to NEW FM that have the large junior bases to bring players through rather than need to go and poach players from other clubs. Knowing some of the Kahibah guys this has been one of the big issues for their club over the years as the club has operated as one entity of jnrs and snrs for almost 10 years now. The club puts a lot of time into players of all abilities from small sided thru to 17's and more often than not the more talented older kids then head to other NEW FM or NPL clubs because their senior option has always been ID1/ZPL.

I think it is also ironic that they have been promoted now on the back of three tough years on the field and with their facilities not much different to 2008 when they first applied for admission to NEW FM as ID1 premiers and were knocked back because of facilities. They always argued their facilities were no worse than some NEW FM clubs and it now appears NNSW are agreeing with this argument.

Sorry but what a joke this is. Your club has been itching to get back up. Yet you want to now try and bleed other zone teams of players
    Apologies for any offence United, to "bleed" other clubs in any division is not what we're about here at Wallsend,I just wanted to get this information across to as many people as possible.Apologies again..

What's the joke? Giving players from teams who want to have a crack at NEWFM a chance? All the hard work from the Wallsend club, to get back on track and put forward a case for inclusion in NEWFM? Or the club simply holding trials?

Welcome to the small world of Newcastle Football. Like it or not every club is in competition for the small pool of talent, what is a joke is you expecting everyone to be nice about it. Sorry but that's not how a "Competition" works.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Welcome to the small world of Newcastle Football. Like it or not every club is in competition for the small pool of talent, what is a joke is you expecting everyone to be nice about it. Sorry but that's not how a "Competition" works.
    Look, we're just looking to give any young guys in the lower competitions a chance to come and try their hand at playing in the NewFM league under some quality coaching. From a young (18-22 yr old) persons perspective, they should be looking to play the highest level possible to give them every chance in playing in the NPL or higher (personal decisions aside).

Again, we're looking to give them this chance.

Fellas, there is a club notices thread for club notices, please keep any club notices to the club notices thread which was made for club notices.

Not trying to be a jerk here but it can get pretty ridiculous when you have notices posted in every thread.

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Look, we're just looking to give any young guys in the lower competitions a chance to come and try their hand at playing in the NewFM league under some quality coaching. From a young (18-22 yr old) persons perspective, they should be looking to play the highest level possible to give them every chance in playing in the NPL or higher (personal decisions aside).

Again, we're looking to give them this chance.
    Definitely not having a crack at you guys Amish, Wallsend are untitled to recruit who ever they like just the same as every other club. Putting a notice up about trails in a public forum is common sense pay no attention to what United said.

Good luck for the season ahead.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Definitely not having a crack at you guys Amish, Wallsend are untitled to recruit who ever they like just the same as every other club. Putting a notice up about trails in a public forum is common sense pay no attention to what United said.

Good luck for the season ahead.
    Exactly, how else do you attract players? They wont compete with the current squad, plus some players will leave. Where are they meant to get players from?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !