Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Westy wayno says hi to you Cameron

I take it morriset won otherwise pv4 or true water boy would have posted scores???

Just for nothing more than interest sake is there any news on Westlakes v Morrisset? Westlakes usually do like to post either way but been quiet lately..... They celebrating a win out at Rathmines?

Pv4 no longer involved with westlakes,

Scores vs morisset
    3rds- 2-1 morisset
    Res- 3-2 morisset
    1st- 2-1 westlakes

Ill start my post with a big thank you to the to the lady trainer from Beresfield who assisted with our injured player in reserve grade. Also the gentleman (think manager) who had the ambulance organised before we could even reach for our phones. Genuine concern showed and muchly appreciated. Match abandoned with Jeso 1-0 after Bero 1-0 in 3rds.

1sts - We thought we would have to be considerably better than last week and thankfully we were as this was a really hard fought battle. They really turned up and it's been a while since I've seen a team so intense for such long periods of a match. They even went down to 10 men fairly early in second half but kept coming at us and equalised from the spot but we got another and the win 2-1. It could have been a different story but for some sharp goalkeeping from our #1

I'm not sure if there were any neutrals there but I think it was an entertaining match where both teams gave all, yes there was plenty of fouling but both teams were guilty and thankfully this didn't spill over to horrible challenges. The ref got plenty of stick from Bero and then from us for a contentious penalty but he had a tough gig.

At the pub last night general consensus was we're not looking fwd to trip to Bero as our blokes knew there'd been in a contest!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Ill start my post with a big thank you to the to the lady trainer from Beresfield who assisted with our injured player in reserve grade. Also the gentleman (think manager) who had the ambulance organised before we could even reach for our phones. Genuine concern showed and muchly appreciated. Match abandoned with Jeso 1-0 after Bero 1-0 in 3rds.

1sts - We thought we would have to be considerably better than last week and thankfully we were as this was a really hard fought battle. They really turned up and it's been a while since I've seen a team so intense for such long periods of a match. They even went down to 10 men fairly early in second half but kept coming at us and equalised from the spot but we got another and the win 2-1. It could have been a different story but for some sharp goalkeeping from our #1

I'm not sure if there were any neutrals there but I think it was an entertaining match where both teams gave all, yes there was plenty of fouling but both teams were guilty and thankfully this didn't spill over to horrible challenges. The ref got plenty of stick from Bero and then from us for a contentious penalty but he had a tough gig.

At the pub last night general consensus was we're not looking fwd to trip to Bero as our blokes knew there'd been in a contest!
    On the injured player, from a players point id also like to thank all the bero crew for helping out and showing real concern. I was chatting on the sideline at the time the boys came out from half time and the bero reserve grade skipper showed his concerns with all of his players and wished our bloke all the best. Touch of class lads.
    FYI last we heard was a dislocated fractured elbow and he was waiting to see if surgery was required.

Just for nothing more than interest sake is there any news on Westlakes v Morrisset? Westlakes usually do like to post either way but been quiet lately..... They celebrating a win out at Rathmines?
    They probably havent posted anything out of respesct, Morisset dominated and should have taken all 9 points, Thirds i didnt see but Motown had a player sent off and came out on top, Ressies were down 2-0 early on but came out firing after half time and canceled out the lead in the space of 3 minutes and snatched the winner soon after.

Firsts, Morry had so much possession and so many chances that is wasnt funny, Westlakes scored two goals on the counter and only really looked threatening after that in dead ball situations. We just cant find a way into the back of the net at the moment. Credit to them though, very different team to the one fielded in the trial games it seems.

Kotara v Nelson Bay
    3rd 3-1
    2nd 3-2
    1st 3-0 (could've been anything the Bay's keeper had a blinder)

Burbs vs w-bay
    3rds 3-0
    Res 0-2
    1st 0-1

A good test to see where we are at in the comp and nelson bay didn't get out of first gear. A good kick up the arse by the tigers taking 9 points for the day. the 3rd goal in 1st grade was a top corner cracker

having a physio/strapper this year has been one of the best calls the club has made, these people are really worth their weight in gold, even at this level. the lad you speak of would have been our manager and club treasurer, the school teacher came out in him and got on the job. hopefully not a lengthy stint on the sideline for the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmond_sweeper View Post
    On the injured player, from a players point id also like to thank all the bero crew for helping out and showing real concern. I was chatting on the sideline at the time the boys came out from half time and the bero reserve grade skipper showed his concerns with all of his players and wished our bloke all the best. Touch of class lads.
    FYI last we heard was a dislocated fractured elbow and he was waiting to see if surgery was required.
    we definitely looking forward to having you guys down at Pasadena for the return, definitely giving this division a run for its money this year Jesmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin Messenger View Post
    A good test to see where we are at in the comp and nelson bay didn't get out of first gear. A good kick up the arse by the tigers taking 9 points for the day. the 3rd goal in 1st grade was a top corner cracker
    JB did it again

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    JB did it again
    Can play!!

Burbs new competition favs after signing the lumberjack and bob Randall

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Deadset ?

But will they stay long? Was under impression lumberjack had headed back to terrace after Wallsend stint.

Yeah has now left terrace and gone to burbs lol. I'd say wes will leave wallsend and go back to berbs

Yeah has now left terrace and gone to burbs lol. I'd say wes will leave wallsend and go back to berbs
    So did they actually play for terrace and get registered? The reason I ask is I thought there was a limit to how many clubs you could sign for in the one year, and that limit was two. I could be wrong.

Lez and Bobby left Wallsend before the start of the season, and yeah Wes said he was leaving yesterday and has been deregistered

1 loss and he's gone?