Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    Why cant Jesmond move this fixture somewhere else ?? Have jesmond officials explored this option - playing games on Thursday is stupid then to back up saturday

Surely Suburbs field would have been alright yesterday
    You would think its in jesmonds best interest to get the game on early this week, finishing 3rd they are on the chopping block if no games get on . They should be contacting the nelson bay , game guaranteed to get on there. Even old heaton park From what I remember it was ok with the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-86 View Post
    Even old heaton park From what I remember it was ok with the rain
    I too made the mistake of suggesting Heaton to the Jeso boys once.

Seems to me that football doesn't belong @ Jesmond Park.... Leave it to the refs and disc golfers, I say.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Leave it to the refs and disc golfers, I say.
    Uh oh.. Are you trying to get Grimario frothing up?..

wonder how a few of the older bodies will feel on saturday after playing tough games mid week

Surely Suburbs field would have been alright yesterday[/QUOTE]

No it wasn't.

Here's the Suns goals vs Bero on the weekend..

http://youtu.be/VS9tapOqB0M?t=55s
    It's football, not s***er!!

Suns vs Bero will be moved to Magic Park Broadmeadow if the weather holds out
    Game will be moved back to Connolly Park Carrington if its too wet to play there

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Suns vs Bero will be moved to Magic Park Broadmeadow if the weather holds out
    Game will be moved back to Connolly Park Carrington if its too wet to play there
    I assume that includes the lower grades as well being moved to Magic Park, weather permitting?

Quote Originally Posted by KSSFC View Post
    I assume that includes the lower grades as well being moved to Magic Park, weather permitting?
    I believe so. I'm sure all clubs will be notified shortly.
    Weather permitting; third grade fixtures between Kotara & N Bay, reserve grade Suns & N Bay and first grade Suns & Bero moved to Magic park, same times as usual on Sunday 31/08/14.
    If the weather does not hold up, games will be rescheduled to Connolly Park.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Just to further elaborate. At this stage we're aiming to play 1st grade Wednesday and host the lower grades Thursday.
    Any back up plans??

Anyone interested....

We're doing what we can to get these fixtures on, including exploring the option of moving it away from Jesmond Park as it was pretty ordinary yesty and although there's some sun now, I'm not sure how long it will last and it pissed down last night.

If there's an official from another ground who knows their ground is somehow fine we're happy to hear from you about prospect of playing there.

Anyone interested....

We're doing what we can to get these fixtures on, including exploring the option of moving it away from Jesmond Park as it was pretty ordinary yesty and although there's some sun now, I'm not sure how long it will last and it pissed down last night.

If there's an official from another ground who knows their ground is somehow fine we're happy to hear from you about prospect of playing there.
    Connolly Park isn't too bad. The pitch in the middle is a bit soft, but I'd say it's playable. We haven't had any training sessions called off at all.

Shouldn't it be the other way around in terms of who does the legwork?

It's a shame that Jesmond Park has again not held up in the weather. Has there been any talks of relocating the club permanently?
    OK

Can't control the weather

Thanks Pv4 for more of your words of wisdom. Now run along.

Just updating everyone that, surprise surprise, Jesmond Park is cactus. We've been down to Heaton Park and its a possibility. We're meeting down there later this afternoon, in time to make the call and advise everyone.

Spoke to Damian from Suburbs whilst down there and will continue to liaise with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Shouldn't it be the other way around in terms of who does the legwork?

It's a shame that Jesmond Park has again not held up in the weather. Has there been any talks of relocating the club permanently?
    I'm sure Jesmond are doing the best they can to get the game going as it is in their best interest to get the games played to avoid dropping out without playing a game after finishing below Suburbs.

where is heaton park??

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    where is heaton park??
    Behind KFC
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Behind KFC
    Good post match feed. Finger lickin' good

Tonight's game Jes v Suburbs is unfortunately off. We were all but set to play at Heaton but NCC wouldn't open ground (even with Newcastle Football speaking with them) and the recent showers didn't help our cause. Looks like it's a one-off game on their deck for a spot in the GF.

We'll know at 2pm tomorrow if either Jesmond Park or Heaton Park is open and fit for tomorrow's games, if not I guess all 3 grades will be in the same situation.