Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Normal time ranger, rams up 2 nil, then a lumberjack hatty to 3-2 , then some quality play and determination rams got the win
    No mention of the rams being up 2-1 and playing against 10 men for well over 60 minutes and scoring 3 goals in the last 10 mins against a very tired Suburb side that looked the better side even with a player down???
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Looking for a bite premy? It was just before ht that suburbs lost a player and jesmond were deservedly 2-1 up. Better team not sure about that either lez and bobby were good but that was the only real threat

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    No mention of the rams being up 2-1 and playing against 10 men for well over 60 minutes and scoring 3 goals in the last 10 mins against a very tired Suburb side that looked the better side even with a player down???
    who got sent?

90 minutes played from each side. Don't think suburbs can't sook about the result. Keep your 11 men on the pitch if you need that to get the result. Otherwise you gotta cop it.
    It's football, not s***er!!

From what I saw jesmond did well! Suburbs in my opinion struggled with the fact that they weren't on top! Suburbs crowd was shameful with the way they carried on at times! Well done Jeso your a big chance in th GF

thats a great result for rams. I didnt think they could turn that dip in form around against a very good suburbs side.

Quote Originally Posted by a-gunners View Post
    Looking for a bite premy? It was just before ht that suburbs lost a player and jesmond were deservedly 2-1 up. Better team not sure about that either lez and bobby were good but that was the only real threat
    Definitely don't want to take anything away from Jesmond they played really good and fought hard but if Cuz is going to give a little report on the match then you would expect him to mention one of the biggest factors in the match.
    Edit: the send off was around the 30th minute mark
    Last edited by Premy; 01-09-2014 at 07:41 AM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    From what I saw jesmond did well! Suburbs in my opinion struggled with the fact that they weren't on top! Suburbs crowd was shameful with the way they carried on at times! Well done Jeso your a big chance in th GF
    Do explain how? I thought both sets of support were in good voice and good spirit which added to the game. I think the biggest struggle we had was running out of gas in the last 15mins.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by lukee_f View Post
    90 minutes played from each side. Don't think suburbs can't sook about the result. Keep your 11 men on the pitch if you need that to get the result. Otherwise you gotta cop it.
    Definitely not sooking just asking Cuz why he left out a big point in his report.
    Last edited by Premy; 01-09-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Sorry about that one premy. Don't know how I let that slip.
    Rams up 2-1 , burbs reduced to 10 for well over 60. Sorted.

Sorry about that one premy. Don't know how I let that slip.
    Rams up 2-1 , burbs reduced to 10 for well over 60. Sorted.
    cheers
    I'M GULLIBLE!

99% of your supporters were great and i love the fact you guys turn out in numbers but that old pomy guy is just a dickhead and some of his calls were pathetic

Honestly though, was a very tough game to play in.

We (suburbs) came out maybe a little too fired up which showed from our 7-8 yellows and a red. Credit to Jesmond for how unphased they were, they kept pushing even after some brutal tackles from us. Shout out to Nathan Andrews there, gun player and still forcing chances late in the game even when he was ****ed. We always believed we'd come back and win it but we pushed too hard for the 3-2 and had no juice left.

As far as the banter from the crowd, the atmosphere was amazing. It's great to see the level of support from the crowd that both teams had yesterday, really lifted everyone on the field. Though if we're going to call out particular members of the crowd for inappropriate banter, I'd like to mention that it went both ways. I was pretty disgusted with some (racist) remarks I heard from the Jesmond supporters. If you're going to dish out something like that, don't come on here and bitch when it comes back at you.

In the end though, Jesmond pulled out the result and the truth is they outplayed us when it mattered. Best of luck to them next week, I hope they win it.

Meanwhile, I'll be licking my wounds. Busted up knee, bruised from my shoulder to elbow (pretty sure I strained my bicep), back like a pensioner and a pulled heartilage. Probably wouldn't be able to back up next week anyway. Why do I play this sport? Cos **** you, that's why. Will just have to win it next year, Forza Kingfisho!

Racist remarks from jeso ? All I heard was a burbs supporter call a bloke an Asian c***! Pathetic really

As I'm sure a lot heard it as he didn't whisper

Racist remarks from jeso ?
    Yeah, that's what I said.

Hey Ninja do you think you guys will hold on to Lez and Bobby for next year?

I didn't hear anything of the sort. Not once.

I didn't hear anything of the sort. Not once.
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    Hey Ninja do you think you guys will hold on to Lez and Bobby for next year?
    Hope so man, the boys all get on well and we've always had a strong counter attacking game so our system compliments their strengths and visa versa.

well unlucky on yesterday mate but hopefully all the suburbs supporters can come on sunday and cheer on the Kotara in the lower grades

except that old pommy fella!!
    Last edited by C'mon man; 01-09-2014 at 10:17 AM.