Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lukee_f View Post
    It's in a central location to everyone and if bero were to win and it meant they host the gf, well what an ordinary place to end the biggest day of the season that we all look forward to.
    harsh. I'd bet all of Bero would have a blast hosting their own GF. Not forgetting that nelson bay, weston has hosted ID GFs before which was a long* travel for most.

On the other hand happy with Broady hosting cause can travel by pushy.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    harsh. I'd bet all of Bero would have a blast hosting their own GF. Not forgetting that nelson bay, weston has hosted ID GFs before which was a long* travel for most.

On the other hand happy with Broady hosting cause can travel by pushy.
    I didn't mean for this to come across in a bad way about Bero. I'm sure whoever and wherever it was hosted, that club/s would do their very best job.

My main points that I was responding to were the fact that someone said the ZPL GF shouldn't be at a NPL ground..
    Secondly, that because the Suns might not make the finals in first grade, they shouldn't have the rights to host the GF..

I seriously can't understand why there would be any serious complaints that the GF is being played at Magic Park..
    It's football, not s***er!!

Anyway...

Any predictions for the weekend?

Saturday is promotion day..
    N Bay v Bero - Dolphin Messenger seems to think N Bay will park the bus to ruin Bero's hopes of finishing first. I know if I was playing for N Bay I'd be chasing the win so that I could play finals football! I still think Bero will come out on top in this one. (Bero 2+)
    Westlakes v Suburbs - Lakes with next to nothing to play for after Morissets win last week moved them 3 points clear with a much better GD. Suburbs will win comfortably here hoping that Bero drop points at the bay. (Suburbs 4+)
    Morisset v Jesmond - Pretty much a dead rubber. Morisset can't advance higher up the ladder and Jesmond will be looking for a good performance going into the finals - unless they're wanting to rest players and keep them fit and save the trip out there.. (Jesmond in a close one)
    'Potential' 4th place play-off
    Kotara v Suns - The results on Saturday could impact the mood in first grade here.. A N Bay win rules both these guys out. A draw or Bero win opens the door for either team to take 4th place. Kotara in the box seat here and can afford to even lose this game and take 4th. Suns must win by 2 goals or more to take 4th. hopefully the rain stays away and then depending on the Saturday results, a big day on sunday!
    Last edited by Lofty; 13-08-2014 at 04:34 PM.

No complaints from me about the gf at magic park hopefully we can make the gf....love playing there

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    No complaints from me about the gf at magic park hopefully we can make the gf....love playing there
    I'm pumped for Sunday! hopefully things go our way on Saturday!

Fair amount of rain last night.. I'd say Nesbit is looking pretty soft this morning

Huge weekend of games to finish the regular season..
    Obviously us Gardo boys are looking to beat Westlakes and can only hope that Nelso can get Bero to drop some points (of which a win for Nelso can secure them a semis spot).. If we win, but Bero still win, then that will be the third year in a row that we have come second by a single, solitary point..
    Very interesting that the minor premiership will be decided on Saturday, I imagine there will be a lot of texts or checks to the foz for results on Sat arvo..

Mo-town will be looking to spoil Jesmond's finish to the season even though Jezzo will definitely get third or fourth..
    While Kotara vs Suns is going to be a cracker of a match out at Nesbitt, Suns will be hurting a bit after their loss last week but are techincally still able to pinch 4th spot depending on goals and other results..

Good luck to all teams, bring on the weekend!!

PREDICTED SUNDAY WEATHER
    On Sunday, the deluge unleashes on the east coast as the low moves towards it. If you live between southeast QLD and Victoria’s East Gippsland, now is time to get the washing and gardening done or stock up on your DVDs and board games as Sunday will be a super soaker. Widespread falls of at least 25mm and as much as 100mm are forecast for some parts of the coast between Port Macquarie and the Gold Coast. Brisbane and Sydney are likely to see their heaviest rain in at least five months.

what happens if we cant play sunday at Kotara??

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Huge weekend of games to finish the regular season..
    Obviously us Gardo boys are looking to beat Westlakes and can only hope that Nelso can get Bero to drop some points (of which a win for Nelso can secure them a semis spot).. If we win, but Bero still win, then that will be the third year in a row that we have come second by a single, solitary point..
    Very interesting that the minor premiership will be decided on Saturday, I imagine there will be a lot of texts or checks to the foz for results on Sat arvo..

Mo-town will be looking to spoil Jesmond's finish to the season even though Jezzo will definitely get third or fourth..
    While Kotara vs Suns is going to be a cracker of a match out at Nesbitt, Suns will be hurting a bit after their loss last week but are techincally still able to pinch 4th spot depending on goals and other results..!!
    Watchout for the long throwin Bero

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    PREDICTED SUNDAY WEATHER
    On Sunday, the deluge unleashes on the east coast as the low moves towards it. If you live between southeast QLD and Victoria’s East Gippsland, now is time to get the washing and gardening done or stock up on your DVDs and board games as Sunday will be a super soaker. Widespread falls of at least 25mm and as much as 100mm are forecast for some parts of the coast between Port Macquarie and the Gold Coast. Brisbane and Sydney are likely to see their heaviest rain in at least five months.

what happens if we cant play sunday at Kotara??
    I think it will then be rescheduled mid-week - although that won't leave much room for error if there is more rain following sunday.. I don't think the ressies and thirds fixtures would need to be played as they won't have a bearing on the ladder..

Could the game be brought forward to Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Watchout for the long throwin Bero
    No long throw this weekend he is suspended for too many yellows the last yellow 3 weeks ago but got the notification this week which is a shame.
    Last edited by Dolphin Messenger; 15-08-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin Messenger View Post
    No long throw this weekend he is suspended for too many yellows the last yellow 3 weeks ago but got the notification this week which is a shame.
    Love the tactics Dolphin..

"Parking the bus"

"No long throw ins"

Can see the Bay coming out swinging this weekend after down-playing the game all week

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Love the tactics Dolphin..

"Parking the bus"

"No long throw ins"

Can see the Bay coming out swinging this weekend after down-playing the game all week
    I can confirm the long thrower for Nelson Bay is suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin Messenger View Post
    Yep they are a tad slow this year, we had one guy who last card was rd9, didn't receive notification until rd16

Burbs vs westlakes
    3rds 3-0
    Res 4-1

N Bay v Bero
    0-1 Danny Bird header 15 mins in
    The only bus parked is Beros in the car park. All Bero, the bay keeper saving 4 to 5 solid chances

N Bay v Bero
    0-2 ht
    Start of 2nd half

Nelson Bay player sent Danny Burt was scorer after realising from the tinnies

Always going to be a tough one for N Bay in these circumstances with bero chasing promotion. What happened in other grades?

BERO 2
    BAY 0

bay held tight at the back, defended very well, but never looked like scoring. credit to the rest if the team holding their shape when old mate got sent. big celebrations tonight, then back to business next week at training. good luck to everyone else tomorrow.
    Last edited by supa; 16-08-2014 at 08:17 PM.