Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin Messenger View Post
    N Bay v Bero
    0-1 Danny Bird header 15 mins in
    The only bus parked is Beros in the car park. All Bero, the bay keeper saving 4 to 5 solid chances
    Bay keeper definitely the best in the comp. Much better than beresfields pretender

Can we please get some results from other games today?

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    Can we please get some results from other games today?
    Burbs vs west lakes
    3rds 3-0 burbs
    Res 4-1 burbs
    1st 10-2 burbs

Club champions!!!!

Gratz to Bero

Might have to sacrifice a goat next year, that's worth at least one point right?

Waiting with baited breathe for the outcome of another bullshit washout. There were 2 options. 1 move fixtures to Saturday, option 2 get one grade played which is the only relevant fixture... First grade. FFS it hasn't rained since 7 am. Sickened!

Bero lg1 & lg2 teams both promoted. Both teams could have ended up in the same div.

I know they are different entities but would it be possible for both to play in same division or would the clubs decide not to?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McTowelie View Post
    Bay keeper definitely the best in the comp. Much better than beresfields pretender
    just needs a bigger bus parked in front of him...

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Bero lg1 & lg2 teams both promoted. Both teams could have ended up in the same div.

I know they are different entities but would it be possible for both to play in same division or would the clubs decide not to?
    completely seperate clubs... not even a junior/senior relationship.. only thing the clubs have in common is location

Yeah Nesbitt drainage is poor and it's a shame as there is only surface water on it atm, will be dry by tomorrow. Couldn't have moved forward though as I believe there were junior games on yesterday

Jesmond don't seem to have been up for it... again..

Morisset vs Jesmond

3rds 1-5 Jesmond comfortable winners.
    Reserves 4-1 Morisset boys did well for the win. Good game of football.
    Firsts 6-2 Morisset came out of the sheds fired up and got 4 goals in about 15-20 mins. Jesmond got a penalty and another from a free kick near half way (straight through our keepers legs). Morisset finally switched back on and scored another two. Missed a few chances and in the end it was a pretty solid win. 15 points from a possible 18 taken from Jesmond for the year. Its a good feeling.
    Last edited by Frodo; 17-08-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Mor 6 Jes 2.

Smashed us out of the blocks 4-0 inside 20 min. One harsh handball, one may have been offside (although their club linesman overall was very good and fair) but saying that our keeper made a couple of saves he had no right to make. Could have been anywhere from 2 to 6 inside that 20min. Some tactical changes and a substitution and from there game was competitive with pretty even chances at both ends but damage had already been done in the early stages.

If perform like that on weekend, no matter who we play they will be rubbing their hands together!

Onto who we play - have Kotara and Suns put their heads together on when they might be playing their blockbuster for a spot in the semis?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Mor 6 Jes 2.

Smashed us out of the blocks 4-0 inside 20 min. One harsh handball, one may have been offside (although their club linesman overall was very good and fair) but saying that our keeper made a couple of saves he had no right to make. Could have been anywhere from 2 to 6 inside that 20min. Some tactical changes and a substitution and from there game was competitive with pretty even chances at both ends but damage had already been done in the early stages.

If perform like that on weekend, no matter who we play they will be rubbing their hands together!

Onto who we play - have Kotara and Suns put their heads together on when they might be playing their blockbuster for a spot in the semis?
    At the moment, the game is scheduled to be played tonight at 7:30 @ Nesbitt Park. 1st Grade Only.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Mor 6 Jes 2.

I haven't heard anything other than whispers so far. I don't think there is any need for ressies and thirds to play, as positions can't be changed (unless Suns thirds were to win 9-0 making them minor premiers haha - but that's just a little unrealistic). So I think just first grade will play, hopefully tomorrow night? I did hear something about possibly tonight to give the winning team more rest for the semis, but the fact I haven't heard anything yet, it doesn't seem like tonight will be happening.

Will keep the foz posted if I hear anything.

Peace
    It's football, not s***er!!

What's everyone's thoughts on the GF being on Sunday? It ruins the celebrations/commiserations in my opinion. Should be a Saturday Fixture!

Quote Originally Posted by KSSFC View Post
    At the moment, the game is scheduled to be played tonight at 7:30 @ Nesbitt Park. 1st Grade Only.
    Have the Suns been notified? I haven't heard anything from the boys.

EDIT* Just heard it's 7:30pm first grade only
    Last edited by NWM; 18-08-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Congratulations to Bero on getting minor premiership and promotion!! We were hoping you would drop a point at some stage but you just kept on steam rolling ahead, well earned..
    It feels like its been a real quick season (what with the BYE and a fair bit of weather-related rescheduling) but now we are at the pointy end..
    Should be very interesting to see what happens tonight with Kotara and Suns and finding out who will be playing who in the semis..

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the GF being on Sunday? It ruins the celebrations/commiserations in my opinion. Should be a Saturday Fixture!
    I agree totally, I wish it was on a Saturday so that the celebrations/drinking-to-forget can go on for as long as possible..

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    I think it's terrible having it on a Sunday. No reason why the federation should block a move for it be played on the Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by lukee_f View Post
    I think it's terrible having it on a Sunday. No reason why the federation should block a move for it be played on the Saturday!
    I have a wedding to go to on the Saturday, that's enough reason to leave it on the Sunday right?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I have a wedding to go to on the Saturday, that's enough reason to leave it on the Sunday right?
    If the GF is on Saturday, then that's a good enough reason for them to change the wedding isn't it? :P