Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    I understand there is a shortage with referees no doubt...... but we as players pay decent money to play every year and I know we aren't in the higher tier of competition but that is no excuse.
    Competitions with three grades playing need to have 3 refs there!! its a hard job and I know they cop some flak but it is better to have 3 refs at a senior fixture rather than the juniors having a middle man and 2 linesman when some of those refs could be at ID games or higher. There needs to be some common sense!!
    I don't know the political bullshit between juniors and senior football but to have no refs at a competitive fixture at a senior level is a disgrace.....been happening for too long
    It is not a matter of political bullshit.Referees usually start at the junior association level and move to senior level by choice.Many are happy at the junior level as they do not have to put up with all the abuse and other bullshit thrown at them by players and spectators.You only have to look at some of the comments on this forum as an example.The referees who choose to referee senior football are appointed as decided by the co ordinator.Referees policy is to appoint a minimum of two referees to a ground so I am surprised to see only one referee appointed to Bero on Saturday.We have had about 14 new referees join this year from a course run for club players-maybe Bero didn't have anyone available or interested.Maybe Danny could fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    It is not a matter of political bullshit.Referees usually start at the junior association level and move to senior level by choice.Many are happy at the junior level as they do not have to put up with all the abuse and other bullshit thrown at them by players and spectators.You only have to look at some of the comments on this forum as an example.The referees who choose to referee senior football are appointed as decided by the co ordinator.Referees policy is to appoint a minimum of two referees to a ground so I am surprised to see only one referee appointed to Bero on Saturday.We have had about 14 new referees join this year from a course run for club players-maybe Bero didn't have anyone available or interested.Maybe Danny could fill in.
    This. Also you have to realise that the majority of the referees who ref junior games play themselves. For example, I am a ref with Newcastle Football Referees and I play all age. I know of at least 10 others who play as well as ref. Even some state league refs play as well as ref. You may get some junior refs for the lower tiers, such as ZL3 due to a lack of numbers, but that isn't our responsibility. Why should games that are required to be refereed by Newcastle Refs not have a ref because they're reffing a comp outside their jurisdiction?

Plus, would you really want 15 year olds running the lines? That's just asking for trouble.

Just need to realise that just because you play in a higher comp, doesn't always mean you get 3 refs to each game. You should, if numbers permit, but there's a lot more going on in the background than you realise. As I said though, if Bero are so concerned with referee numbers, they could always send a few more of their blokes to do the courses........

It is good though that this is a peaceful discussion, not hurling abuse in the typical local foz norm
    Last edited by Thomas477; 11-04-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I really think that all the frustration is stemming from the fact that the zone leagues are in no-mans land. Junior refs ref junior games, senior refs to senior games and zone league are left with anyone that's spare for 11:30, 1:15 and 3. Which doesn't seem to be too many.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    I really think that all the frustration is stemming from the fact that the zone leagues are in no-mans land. Junior refs ref junior games, senior refs to senior games and zone league are left with anyone that's spare for 11:30, 1:15 and 3. Which doesn't seem to be too many.
    Actually they aren't, the Zone Leagues are covered by State League, not the varying district referees. Really, this is a problem caused by the lack of numbers in the State league refs, whether as a direct result of a lack of movement up from the district associations, or from a lack of referees overall.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I'd Ref if I could just do the one game as for me it is too much of a commitment to be there from 1100-1700 plus I was otherwise engaged on the day of the one day course & I certainly have no desire to ref juniors as I would be bored to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    I'd Ref if I could just do the one game as for me it is too much of a commitment to be there from 1100-1700 plus I was otherwise engaged on the day of the one day course & I certainly have no desire to ref juniors as I would be bored to tears
    Unfortunately not many senior grounds have only one game.Junior football goes up to all age so you would probably not get bored with that.You can do an initial referee course on line which is a good place to start and take it from there.If you are involved with a club you can run lines when necessary and maybe even one of the games if the ground is short of referees.Refereeing does require commitment from our members-if they weren't available for the 3 games then imagine how many games would go without referees-and many referee two days every weekend.Players could always make themselves available on the day they don't play which would help boost numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    As outsider said, juniors would be ideal for you. You can set your availability, and they have games on Fri-Sun, which allows for a lot of flexibility. I have 1 game tomorrow, then another on Sunday.

Here's the link to Newcastle Referees, which would be a great starting point if you are interested.
    http://www.newcastlefootballreferees.com.au/
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Thanks. I have been out of town the last two years when the courses were on, so it might have to be next year. It's good to know there is more freedom in nominating in juniors/A-Age but I like a challenge which is why I would prefer State League/Zone + I see people's comments about them being short of numbers, but like I said the time commitment is the issue as I just can't give up a full day.

At the end of the day all we need is a ball and some goals. Refs would be nice but I'm sure whoever does the job will be fair as long as they are not 15 beers in at 11:30.

Beresfield v Kotara @ Pasadena
    3rd
    Kotara 5-2
    Res
    Kotara 5-0
    1st
    Bero 3-1
    not the greatest start by kotara this year but the quality is there.... bero deserved the points and have improved from last year! nice free kick for their 2nd goal

oh by the way we had one ref

Quote Originally Posted by C'mon man View Post
    oh by the way we had one ref
    I think we heard that already.

Anyone heading to jesmond this season please don't take your wife or kids, never seen such a disgraceful rude bunch of hicks in all my life, total embarrassment to football, I 'd hate see what happens when they lose, swearing aloud from supporters, sexual imitations from their bench, finger gestures to the crowd, all for what, it's a game of footy, something to do on a Saturday arvo, never again,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Anyone heading to jesmond this season please don't take your wife or kids, never seen such a disgraceful rude bunch of hicks in all my life, total embarrassment to football, I 'd hate see what happens when they lose, swearing aloud from supporters, sexual imitations from their bench, finger gestures to the crowd, all for what, it's a game of footy, something to do on a Saturday arvo, never again,
    Sounds like a post from a losing supporter.Tell me how bad was the referee??

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Sounds like a post from a losing supporter.Tell me how bad was the referee??
    Unless FR has another team he supports as passionately as the gunners, I doubt it.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

ForeveRed ill give you the satisfaction of the bite that I'd suspect you're after....

First of all, seems you forgot the scores so ill start there. 3rds 3 0 to Suburbs in a game that I didn't see but I'm told you were much better as the score indicates. Reggies from the half I saw seemed to be shaded by Suburbs but Jesmond took a chance to win 1 0. 1st grade a 3 1 win to Jeso in a game when our keeper did not make a save and only work was dealing with some corners etc. Credit for your goal though which was a beauty of a near stick header from a corner that went in off the back stick.

The 100% truth is we were told by your own club mates that you'd get on here and carry on and you haven't disappointed. Both clubs got caught up in the banter and if you're saying your club didn't swear or carry on your delusional. A lady from Garden Suburb indicated that your crowd were probably the worse.

Anyway, a big congratulations on the mass away support you get. Very impressive! From today we'll take canteen takings that us hicks from Jesmond have not seen in years, 3 reggies points and 3 first grade points.

You guys can take 3 points for your comprehensive win in 3rds, you personally can take away something to winge about and also we'd like to offer you an invitation to re-visit. That's of course if, as newcomers, we avoid relegation back to ZL2 or you 'earn' the promotion you knocked back going into this year.

On a side note ill refrain from elaborating on the last man tackle that didn't see red (no bearing on game as went off anyway) and the elbow that the ref saw, commented on but chose not to discipline.

Looking forward to next round.

Firstly if you're happy with your decision to take promotion after finishing second then that's that. We're happy about our decision to not take promotion for finishing 2nd, end off.

Second FR was a spectator not involved with our Club.

Third to the game. Your first goal was a defection of the wall on a freekick that should not have been a freekick in the first place as your player had a high foot on 3 occasion leading up to the foul.
    Second goal was well taken counter attack after the game had open up due to your goal advantage full credit there was a well taken and well worked counter.
    Third goal came when we had 10 men on the park due to 3 blokes getting injured (2 of which came from late tackles that went unpunished) and we had no subs left, then a player in a offside position that didn't get called by a Jesmond Club linesman (same bloke that wasn't on the line when a corner that may or may not have gone in was cleated of the line and then ran down to the corner after your players told him to put his flag up, luckily the ref seen sense there) chased down a clearance to go one on one with keeper.
    No team really dominated and you guys done well to take the few chances of the game, both teams got favorable calls from the ref both got some dodgy ones to(don't expect that to change all year their humans and make mistakes like the rest of us).

Forth yes there was some foul language from both clubs, big difference between the two clubs but Blues language and gestures were coming from the crowd, Reds language and gestures were coming from the crowd, bench and manager.

In the end winner's are grinner's and Jesmond I bet are grinning, might need to learn a bit about winning with grace but.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

haha luv it....

Missed this
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Firstly if you're happy with your decision to take promotion after finishing second then that's that. We're happy about our decision to not take promotion for finishing 2nd, end off.

Second FR was a spectator not involved with our Club.

Third to the game. Your first goal was a defection of the wall on a freekick that should not have been a freekick in the first place as your player had a high foot on 3 occasion leading up to the foul.
    Second goal was well taken counter attack after the game had open up due to your goal advantage full credit there was a well taken and well worked counter.
    Third goal came when we had 10 men on the park due to 3 blokes getting injured (2 of which came from late tackles that went unpunished) and we had no subs left, then a player in a offside position that didn't get called by a Jesmond Club linesman (same bloke that wasn't on the line when a corner that may or may not have gone in was cleated of the line and then ran down to the corner after your players told him to put his flag up, luckily the ref seen sense there) chased down a clearance to go one on one with keeper.
    No team really dominated and you guys done well to take the few chances of the game, both teams got favorable calls from the ref both got some dodgy ones to(don't expect that to change all year their humans and make mistakes like the rest of us).

Forth yes there was some foul language from both clubs, big difference between the two clubs but Blues language and gestures were coming from the crowd, Reds language and gestures were coming from the crowd, bench and manager.

In the end winner's are grinner's and Jesmond I bet are grinning, might need to learn a bit about winning with grace but.
    Winning with grace? I dont believe anyone from our team or supporters really carried on anywhere near as bad as the bloke in the orange shirt who I'm only guessing is forever red. He even called me shit which made me quiet sad.
    On the field we were chatting and having a laugh and i thought the game was played in the correct spirit. Some may say differently but thats why opinions are free.
    As for bad tackles etc i rekon both teams seen some interesting decisions which is all part of the game. Agree no one dominated and was pretty even.
    P.s what the hell do you guys feed Bon? He is getting bigger!