Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Again lez didn't suit the style of play, he needs a team than will play to him,

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Maybe he should learn to be a team player. It is a team sport after all...

What's lumberjack paying for golden boot his givin everybody a 5 game head start and 15 competition points start

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    What's to suit though? Assuming the boys come to suburbs, I'm 100% sure the intensity they bring will lift the whole squad. They'll come with a reputation and everyone will want to step up. They're the kind of players that demand the ball when the rest of the team is quiet, I don't see how feeding them the ball all the time is a bad thing especially at the top end of the field. If the players they play with are assertive enough in their play they'll move it around as well, they aren't stupid and one minded. At the risk of sounding like a dick, they carried terrace last year and if I had the scoring ability and rate they do I wouldn't move the ball around in a team with that quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    What's to suit though? Assuming the boys come to suburbs, I'm 100% sure the intensity they bring will lift the whole squad. They'll come with a reputation and everyone will want to step up. They're the kind of players that demand the ball when the rest of the team is quiet, I don't see how feeding them the ball all the time is a bad thing especially at the top end of the field. If the players they play with are assertive enough in their play they'll move it around as well, they aren't stupid and one minded. At the risk of sounding like a dick, they carried terrace last year and if I had the scoring ability and rate they do I wouldn't move the ball around in a team with that quality.
    Played a state cup game for wallsend and played with the terrace , you can only play for 2 clubs in a year , so i dont see how he can play there

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Played a state cup game for wallsend and played with the terrace , you can only play for 2 clubs in a year , so i dont see how he can play there
    He was never registered at Wallsend. State Cup is a farce when played that early in the season anyone can play for anyone as rego's don't need to be submitted till the week of round 1.

You had to be fully registered signed a club sheet and paid up to be able to play state cup.

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    You had to be fully registered signed a club sheet and paid up to be able to play state cup.
    This is not true. Yes you sign the club sheet but you didnt have to be registered. All that happens is if you leave the club after playing a cup game but haven't yet registered, you are cup tied at the next club. So Les would have been cup tied at Terrace because he didnt "register" with wallsend but played in the cup. So he has only been registered with one club "terrace" and can sign for his second club "suburbs".

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    This is not true. Yes you sign the club sheet but you didnt have to be registered. All that happens is if you leave the club after playing a cup game but haven't yet registered, you are cup tied at the next club. So Les would have been cup tied at Terrace because he didnt "register" with wallsend but played in the cup. So he has only been registered with one club "terrace" and can sign for his second club "suburbs".
    Happy to be corrected , best of luck for suburbs with them both for the rest of this year.

im expecting a high scoring game tmrw on our faster paced shorter junior field with the slower bigger field being occupied by the league. Nelson Bays GK is still fired up after letting past JB's 30m Screamer from last Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin Messenger View Post
    im expecting a high scoring game tmrw on our faster paced shorter junior field with the slower bigger field being occupied by the league. Nelson Bays GK is still fired up after letting past JB's 30m Screamer from last Sunday
    Ahhhhh.. Yeah I assumed it must have been the thugby league that was putting us on to the second field..
    Only downside to tomorrow is the lack of availabilty of buses to make it a proper turpsfest "away trip" to Nelso..
    (Apparently all bus companies have been long booked out due to Lovedale being on this weekend, pricks)

Is No2 license whats the deal with beers
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Is No2 license whats the deal with beers
    ?
    Well thankfully somebody's asking the important questions.

Yes!!! there is a Refreshment license to sell Coldies at the junior field.

Nelson Bays GK is still fired up after letting past JB's 30m Screamer from last Sunday
    Don't worry too much. It was impressive and he should've had a double if not for a freakish save by your keeper.

Yes!!! there is a Refreshment license to sell Coldies at the junior field.
    Winning
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Don't worry too much. It was impressive and he should've had a double if not for a freakish save by your keeper.
    Yes he is quite an Angry man when the goals fly in. With the line up tmrw and how desperate Burbs will be for their 1st points another Wrath test for the Bay and if we don't get out of 1st gear we could be punished harder than the Tigers beat us by last week.
    Hopefully we don't get caught in the eye of Garden Suburbs Storm.
    Last edited by Dolphin Messenger; 16-05-2014 at 06:33 PM.

I think LJ going to Subs is the missing piece needed providing the personalities fit. defence seems solid enough, mids work hard & a sober keeper will reep rewards. I was impressed with Kotara's passing game last week v N Bay, (tim get back on the treadmill son .

Yes he is quite an Angry man when the goals fly in. With the line up tmrw and how desperate Burbs will be for their 1st points another Wrath test for the Bay and if we don't get out of 1st gear we could be punished harder than the Tigers beat us by last week.
    Hopefully we don't get caught in the eye of Garden Suburbs Storm.
    Well really, being caught in the eye of the storm would be less dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Well really, being caught in the eye of the storm would be less dangerous
    Very good