Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Kahibah dont really come on here much, you may want to contact the club directly

KOTARA SOUTH SENIOR FOOTBALL CLUB - Pre Season Begins Tonight

KOTARA SOUTH SENIOR FOOTBALL CLUB - Pre Season Begins Tonight

To all new prospective players, pre-season training begins tonight at Lugar Park, Kotara at 6:00pm. All are welcome.

Thoughts and prediction for this years season??

I'm tipping only 4 teams to seriously compete, I would say Wallsend, Cooks Hill, New Lambton and Barnsley.
    ?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleganceisirrelevant View Post
    Thoughts and prediction for this years season??

I'm tipping only 4 teams to seriously compete, I would say Wallsend, Cooks Hill, New Lambton and Barnsley.
    ?!?!?
    Thats ZPL mate..

Argghhh sorry lads.

does anyone no anything about the squads for this league? Suburbs the favourites again or ?

Not much being mentioned in this forum. Here is my predictions. Basing this on previous season and potential to gain good players

1. Suburbs - great squad depth, should walk it in
    2. Nelson Bay - will be a quality side again unless they lose some of the RAAF boys to the RAAF team
    3. Suns - new coach, should be a good squad
    4. Kahibah - great coaching staff, will pick up some good players, could easily finisher much higher
    5. Kotara - always close, could sneak in
    6. Bero - hot and cold last year, have some quality players, if they keep them and add to it they can push top 4
    7. Jesmond - Could be a dark horse (or ram)
    8. Warners Bay - Not aware of the situation at the bay, so won't put them higher
    9. Belmont - didn't have the quality last year, but some good attacking players
    10. Westlakes - basing this purely on them coming up last minute and possible squad depth problems.

heard suburbs lost a few of there best.
    suns have bin talking up there signings.
    heard same about kahibahs coaches what is the coaches history?

Anyone looking for trials and would be able to host us, mayfield (Zone 3) 1st and res - Please contact Alan: Delizzottia@onesteel.com or mick: 0403 242 933. would love a game since we can't use our field until April.

Suburbs have lost quite a few as there were three of there best players running around in the charity shield played on Sunday!

Suburbs can afford to lose a few players there depth was awesome last season,

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    1. Suburbs - great squad depth,should walk it in
    I can assure you this is not the attitude taken by Suburb, We have been working hard in the pre-season and look forward to another strong year. We've lost a few quality players that's no secret but we've picked up a few handy players as well. To suggest we'll walk it in is laughable same was said last year from people outside our club, we know it's a strong competition. Looking forward to another year of football can't wait for the season to start good luck to all involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Premy, I just like the way your club goes about business and think you guys will be right up there in all grades again.

Fresh, Kahibah have Chris Turner (i think thats his name) who used to coach Lake Macquarie 1st grade. THey also have Clint Gosling as GK coach who used to be with Olympic NBN league as well as the Jets. They also have Andre Gumprecht running his coaching classes with the juniors and will play his part with the seniors.

Thanks for the complements Beppe and by no means was I trying to have a shot at you if it came across like that I apologize.
    Its just last year similar things were said and we all know how last season finished up. Sure we're confident of having a good season and expect to be right in the mix but we'll treat all Clubs and the players of those Clubs with the respect they deserve.

I won't be so bold to make predictions but I will offer my insight to all Clubs.

Belmont: Seemed to struggle with numbers a little bit last year and with a young squad lacked some consistency if they add a little bit of quality they might sneak into the top 4 as they proved in a few games last year that they can match it in this division.

Beresfield: From what I've heard they have recruited strongly with some good experienced players, question is how many games will these players with ageing bodies be able to get threw. Should be strong at home as we all know how difficult it can be to go to Pasedena and get results.

Jesmond: I haven't seen or heard to much about them so I can't say much about them. Memory is a bit fuzzy it could of been 2013 or 2012 we played them in the cup with a near full strength side and they matched it with us in parts. Might struggle for numbers going from 2 to 3 teams.

Kahibah: Everyone is going on about their Coach but he can only do so much the players need to perform, they had some quality players last year but they lacked depth. If they can address that I would expect them to be in finals contention.

Kotara: You always know its going to be a tough game against them and you have to be on your game. Couple of new blokes last year if they kept them and they get more familiar with each other I expect them to be right in the mix for the title.

Nelson Bay: Surprised a few last year, I haven't heard if they had kept the group they had last year but if they have I would expect much the same. Title contenders.

Suns: From what I've been told is they're turning blokes away, always a good situation to be in, much like Beresfield there squad isn't getting any younger. Always a hard game and one I always look forward to against top blokes.

Wanersbay: Really not sure how their going to go didn't see any of their games last year and most of their squad that got them to ZPL has moved on. Real unknown quantity to me.

Westlakes: Much like Jesmond they might find it hard going from 2 teams to 3. Been one of the more consistent sides of ZL2 of the last few years so they should hold their own in 1st grade. Expect PV4 to tell us that they were the better team on the day but still got beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Just heard Plattsy have pulled the pin ZPL dropping back to ZL2. Association are trying to replace them with a ZL1 team. Be interesting to see if anyone takes up the offer.

Suns: From what I've been told is they're turning blokes away, always a good situation to be in, much like Beresfield there squad isn't getting any younger. Always a hard game and one I always look forward to against top blokes.

dont think we have turned anyone yet, only let people of the competition for places will be tough this year especially in the front third. May be putting in an all age team for 2014 if numbers continue (but in saying that by round 5 people will be backing up)
    will thankfully be a much younger squad this year that will hopefully push for title all the way.
    Premy have already circled the the games against suburbs on the draw, shame its round 1 and 10, wouldve preferred yous closer to the end of the season just to add that little bit of extra value...

seems like everyone has strengthened this year so should be a good competition, hopefully we have refs to ref the games, not hearing good things about numbers but then again its the same story every year

can we start the comp this weekend, cant wait 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    Just heard Plattsy have pulled the pin ZPL dropping back to ZL2. Association are trying to replace them with a ZL1 team. Be interesting to see if anyone takes up the offer.

thatll leave zl1 with a bye i bet. No more teams that have the numbers to jump up?

and why isnt your team planning on taking that? Based on last seasons results and the depth suburbs deserves to be in zpl !

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    thatll leave zl1 with a bye i bet. No more teams that have the numbers to jump up?

and why isnt your team planning on taking that? Based on last seasons results and the depth suburbs deserves to be in zpl !
    Suburb have been asked in years past to go up and we have declined on all occasions as we have done so this year also. We have a unwritten law under the current board and coaches that if we were to get promotion it would only be so if we win our way. A bit frustrating over last couple of years to miss out by a point.

Burbs would easily compete in ZPL but I agree with your policy there's a lot of teams getting walks nowadays