Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    Suburb have been asked in years past to go up and we have declined on all occasions as we have done so this year also. We have a unwritten law under the current board and coaches that if we were to get promotion it would only be so if we win our way. A bit frustrating over last couple of years to miss out by a point.
    That's a really interesting way of looking at it. Who and why started that policy? I can see the good side and also the bad side of it
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    Suburb have been asked in years past to go up and we have declined on all occasions as we have done so this year also. We have a unwritten law under the current board and coaches that if we were to get promotion it would only be so if we win our way. A bit frustrating over last couple of years to miss out by a point.
    I love that attitude and it really shows with the way your club plays and has always played. Suburbs always been strong with a fighting attitude but alot of quality to go with it.
    Keep patient, i have no doubt your are not too far away from a well deserved promotion!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

A team that gets promoted from ZL2 who needs players could approach a half decent all age team and make a deal with them to play their 3rd grade and slowly intergrate into the club, theres so many all age divisions surely theres a team out there to fill the void if players.... just thinking out loud here
    better than having byes??

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    A team that gets promoted from ZL2 who needs players could approach a half decent all age team and make a deal with them to play their 3rd grade and slowly intergrate into the club, theres so many all age divisions surely theres a team out there to fill the void if players.... just thinking out loud here
    better than having byes??
    The only problem with another team coming up from ZL2 is you already have 2nd and 4th from last season. Any other team to come up would just be making up.numbers. Which may already be the case.

Yes you maybe correct in saying they just there in making up the numbers but who would step up from zl2 if a team offers to replace plattys out zl1

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Yes you maybe correct in saying they just there in making up the numbers but who would step up from zl2 if a team offers to replace plattys out zl1
    Plattsburgh won't be in ZL1 they cant field 3 teams thats why they dropped out of ZPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I mean a team from zl1 to replace plattys

Just received this from the Zone boss man

Morning

So far the 2014 preseason has faced a “few speed bumps”, fixtures are still be finalised, be patient, divisions have been reorganised due to Clubs difficulty to participate in a particular division (criteria based); thanks to those clubs for the early update and all the best for the restructure within your club.

Now to the best kept secret in ZFL…….not.

First of all to the Committee at Plattsburg, appreciate the honesty of your decision and all the best for your particular restructure over the next few seasons.

Yes Plattsburg have now officially withdrawn from Premier Division and will be regarded to League Two.
    On the subject of their replacement on behalf of the Joint Zone Panel I forward the following.
    After due process and procedure to select another club to enter Premier League; contacting the top four clubs from 2013 League One season and offer them the opportunity, failing that there was an acceptance from that group we consider all other Clubs from the 2013 League One competition, irrespective of ladder position.

Congratulations to Kahibah FC for their selection into the 2014 Zone Football Premier League.

The fixtures for Premier and other Divisions affected by this move will be a focus to complete over the next few days, the adjustments will be distributed at the earliest. Adjustments to the other League lists will be forthcoming after further communications.

just received above mentioned email as well...

please dont tell me their will be a bye in ZL1??

Looks like zl1 will have the bye no teams in zl2 that can go up since they have already promoted 4th from last years comp.

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Looks like zl1 will have the bye no teams in zl2 that can go up since they have already promoted 4th from last years comp.
    What about Mo-town? I know they just came down from ZL1 and are in a rebuilding phase, but would/could they still look to go back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Bay Road View Post
    just received above mentioned email as well...

please dont tell me their will be a bye in ZL1??
    We're you guys offered the chance to go up to ZPL?
    Suburbs would have been logical choice but understand we're their coming from.
    But Kahibah? Struggled last year, have new coach and support staff, numbers must be good this year?

kahibah will struggle hard unless they recruit big

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    kahibah will struggle hard unless they recruit big
    From what I've heard, they have had a decent recruitment of players following their influx of coaching staff..

a second string Maitland (new fm ) side is playing against Kahibah this Saturday... first game 10.30am second game 12 noon at cooks square

Morisset United FC are seeking a quality goal keeper to add to our squad.. Players also welome to trian and trial with our club as we rebuild and look to establish ourselves in the zone leagues again.. Training is 630 Tuesday, Thursday & 1030 Sundays at Auston oval Morisset..

Quote Originally Posted by Potters View Post
    Morisset United FC are seeking a quality goal keeper to add to our squad.. Players also welome to trian and trial with our club as we rebuild and look to establish ourselves in the zone leagues again.. Training is 630 Tuesday, Thursday & 1030 Sundays at Auston oval Morisset..
    Welcome to the foz, Puddin'..

Cheers Bon, looks like we could possibly be playing you lads this season too

Quote Originally Posted by Potters View Post
    Cheers Bon, looks like we could possibly be playing you lads this season too
    As I said to you yesterday, I'll be keeping my junk well guarded from your flappy chicken wings.. hahaha

All players still welcome to attend training for westlakes wildcats FC, training will continue at 6:30 Tuesday, come out have a run if interested!