Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles7 View Post
    Results today?
    Res. merewether 2-0
    1sts. 2-2. Plenty of cards dished out- even after full time whistle blown. Had enough chances to win but not to be.

The Eagles have slipped in to second thanks to Merewether!!!! Well done boys! Hahahahaha.

did bero play today?

Bero didn't have a catch up game to play. However they are waiting for uni to update the scores from that game
    Last edited by jussimac; 02-08-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Anyone know the actual date of the Grand Final? I just read that it was the 7th of September which is a Sunday. Surely they wouldn't put it on a Sunday.

Bloody good show from the Eagles considering the circumstances.
    Reserve Grade only had ten blokes, two of which were injured keepers playing in the field.

Firsts had to use a CM in goals and also had a player pull out before the game and had to call on a Ressie who had just played a full game.

But even with all that, I think Stocko can put the loss on the #21's shoulders. That little fella has a hell of a temper.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Bubblegum View Post
    Anyone know the actual date of the Grand Final? I just read that it was the 7th of September which is a Sunday. Surely they wouldn't put it on a Sunday.
    Sort've makes sense seeing that the juniors gf's are on the same weekend.

I certainly wouldn't put the loss down to our 21. He was by far a standout for us on the day. Consistently getting taken down by players double his size and age would get to me as well. Got my 3 points for best player on park. I would put the loss down to poor finishing and two gifts by our defence for two mussy goals. Wind and playing on the poorer of our two fields led to a pretty poor game all round in my opinion. Mussy should be stoked with that result with some players out and we sure need to do better then that to go anywhere

Charlestown - Medowie
    Res. 3-0
    1st. 2-3

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Sort've makes sense seeing that the juniors gf's are on the same weekend.
    It's been a Saturday GF every other year.

Reserve Grade only had ten blokes, two of which were injured keepers playing in the field.

Firsts had to use a CM in goals and also had a player pull out before the game and had to call on a Ressie who had just played a full game.

But even with all that, I think Stocko can put the loss on the #21's shoulders. That little fella has a hell of a temper.
    Kidding yourself! He was about the only bloke on the field in blue not to blame. Consistently tore your midfield and defense to pieces! Almost laughable at points making some blokes look like U7s. At least he takes on blokes bigger than him and not targeting blokes half size to make himself feel good unlike others. Mussy deserved the points we were terrible. They weren't a whole lot better but just enough. If we're in the business of excuses we had two missing as well but that doesn't matter. Not a bad run for us tho. That's the first loss in 10 games which I'm very proud of.

And bottsy I know you haven't done it in a while but I think you're buttering yourself up a bit there. Still the best keeper in the comp on your day and one of the best I've seen! You made some killer saves to get some points botts! Regardless of what Hunzy says.

If the CM in goals your talking about is Bottsy then that is definitely no weakness, he would easily be the best keeper this comp has ever seen, but has to many goals in him on the feild to be wasted in there in this division

The Stocko and Mussy game was by no means the best game of the year but hard fought, finishing was definitely lacking on the day from both sides. Fair enough result IMO.
    Stocko know how to use their home advantage, they looked pretty practiced at hoofing it into the wind then attacking from the flanks so pretty unfair to say Mussys midfield was torn to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Zeus View Post
    The Stocko and Mussy game was by no means the best game of the year but hard fought, finishing was definitely lacking on the day from both sides. Fair enough result IMO.
    Stocko know how to use their home advantage, they looked pretty practiced at hoofing it into the wind then attacking from the flanks so pretty unfair to say Mussys midfield was torn to pieces.
    All he was saying was that #21 on our team played all over some of Mussy midfielders and was by far not to blame for the loss. Mussy had some very handy young mids too. That was about as good as it got. Really scrappy game. It may have looked like we play to the conditions but overall the wind made it a very poor game. would much rather see a quality game played predominantly on the ground.

Out of curiosity, what numbers are people tallying up for leading goal scorer this year?

18 for stockton

Quote Originally Posted by Neally View Post
    Out of curiosity, what numbers are people tallying up for leading goal scorer this year?
    You'd be on 50 after that plattsy game surely neally

When a player consistently evades 3,4 and 5 would be tackles before being halted eventually sometimes with a foul I think it's fair to say he made some midfielders and defenders look ordinary. He does the same to all of us at training so I'm not on a high horse about it. Just don't know how a player who dominated all the ball can be blamed for a loss

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    When a player consistently evades 3,4 and 5 would be tackles before being halted eventually sometimes with a foul I think it's fair to say he made some midfielders and defenders look ordinary. He does the same to all of us at training so I'm not on a high horse about it. Just don't know how a player who dominated all the ball can be blamed for a loss
    I think the original quote was taken a little out of context, I don't think anyone at mussy was questioning how good the lad played, however consistently running the ball at players and beating them etc is going to draw fouls, it's just part of the game.
    I think the original comment was meaning he let the fouls and his emotions get the better of him causing him to lash out toward the end of the game.
    Sometimes even the best players on the field can ultimately play a major part in a loss through brain snaps, Suarez etc.

I think the original quote was taken a little out of context, I don't think anyone at mussy was questioning how good the lad played, however consistently running the ball at players and beating them etc is going to draw fouls, it's just part of the game.
    I think the original comment was meaning he let the fouls and his emotions get the better of him causing him to lash out toward the end of the game.
    Sometimes even the best players on the field can ultimately play a major part in a loss through brain snaps, Suarez etc.
    Correct. The kid has skills, no denying that.