Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 2 Thread

And as for the racism. I can assure you the Olympic players were not completely innocent as I heard with my own ears some pretty racist remarks towards our own Asian import. I grew up with a lot of the Greek boys and one of my best mates is and my Greek language knowledge mainly consists of their swear words and labels and I definAtely know what 'kinesi' (my spelling may not be ideal) means and the words that came prior to it on numerous occasions.
    Like I said a top day. Everyone needs to get over a few small incidents. It definAtely went both ways all day.
    I just don't want to sit back and have our club look like a bunch of effwits by some ignorant biased people. Both parties were guilty of Some dubious tactics. Both were great games so move on.

Would love to sneak into the finals and get another game or two against the Olympic boys again

Quote Originally Posted by Robbery View Post
    How's Muswellbrook ground looking for tomorrow? Have been told there's been a fair bit of rain up there.....
    Todays game (15/6/14) Muswellbrook V Merewether is on.

Quote Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
    Todays game (15/6/14) Muswellbrook V Merewether is on.
    Excellent. Cheers for the update.

Charlie won both grades 2-0 regies and 3-2 firsts.
    Platsy first grader hanging his boots up for a very long time after head butting dougie the ref.you might get a start at 10 pin mate cause you won't be lacing the boots in this code again.

Quote Originally Posted by nosmackjustfact View Post
    Platsy first grader hanging his boots up for a very long time after head butting dougie the ref.you might get a start at 10 pin mate cause you won't be lacing the boots in this code again.
    We've all wanted to at some point but I'd need to be on my knees to make contact.

Quote Originally Posted by nosmackjustfact View Post
    Wow really he's GONE

Was it a full on headbutt? Was it post red card? Was the ref hurt? Give us some details!!!

Sometimes I feel like atleast head butting a ref, then I remember the standard of football we are playing and it's about on par with each other lol. Half the refs we've had this year were good the other half have been painful, but always terrible both ways luckily, it's that frustrating normally the good nature of the game turns and teams resort to taking out on each other, which then results in send offs.
    I didn't see the head butting incident but it would have to of been a massive blood rush to react like that,
    I did hear who done it and have watched him play many times, he is a good player and doesn't seem like his nature.
    I have a feeling the federation will be pretty strict on this one and should be, what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaded Keeper View Post
    Was it a full on headbutt? Was it post red card? Was the ref hurt? Give us some details!!!
    How'd yas go today?

Muswellbrook vs Merewether

4-1 both grades.

Eagles were in fine form today in both grades and the results showed it. Happy with the points on a weekend with a couple of draws by teams above us on the ladder. Probably worth mentioning that the reffing wasn't the best, some of the offside calls were really really atrocious, but as mentioned above, it went both ways.

You know these refs that we all get the shits with, they are just doing as good as they can. They make the calls they make based on their view and at the end of it all, he's holding the whistle. Yeah it's frustrating sometimes, but these blokes are there so we can play our match. If there's no ref then you end up with a clubby doing it and that's a terrible idea. I just reckon we all need to take a step back sometimes and remember that we need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    We've all wanted to at some point but I'd need to be on my knees to make contact.

Poor dougy. He's a lovable guy but I'm sure we've all wanted to headbutt him at some stage
    OK

Seemingly noone at the ground was 100% sure exactly what happened. But from most accounts there were words exchanged pre red card (on his way to the sheds the offender claimed that Dougy threatened to "see him after the game") I believe they then hit shoulders and the Plattsy player did a faint headbutt motion (not sure if contact was made) followed by a shove with his hands which saw Dougy fall on his backside. red card was pulled out of his pocket mid flight.

Righto thanks All Star!!! It's just such a rare event that I was interested in the details.

Righto thanks All Star!!! It's just such a rare event that I was interested in the details.
    Like a woman, need to know the details botts lol

Well I need something to gossip about!!!

Rd 11
    Terrace v Plattsburg
    Hamilton v Beresfield
    Merewether v Stockton
    Charlestown v Muswellbrook
    Medowie v University

Merewether Vs Stockton

3-1 ressies

Good game marred by some pretty soft reffing calls which went merewethers way. Saw an early red to stocko and a pen got overturned for a free kick which stockton were rightly angry over but they were able to score off of the free kick anyway. Merewether didnt get going til late scoring 3 late goals one of which a pen.

2-4 firsts to stockton.

Stockton controlled the game and scored early. Then scored some good set piece goals. Merewether fought well and just couldnt get the rub of the green in the end. Good physical contest.

Olympic vs Beresfield
    Firsts 1-3
    Reggies 2-2

Muswellbrook V Charlestown

1st Grade Muswellbrook 4 - 2 Charlestown
    Res Grade Muswellbrook 2 - 4 Charlestown

Both games were played in good spirits and were contested right until the full time whistle. Its always a great game against the Charlie boys and they are a top bunch of blokes.

Terrace vs Plattsburg
    1st 4-2
    Res0-1