Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Cooks Hill vs Kurri last night
    Ressies 3-2 Kurri
    1sts 3-0 Cooks Hill

Mayfield Vs Dudley
    Ressies 3 all
    Firsts 2-1 Mayfield

Mayfield should have won firsts by alot more but just couldn't take their chances.
    Dudley scored with 15 minutes to go but mayfield held on.

Some interesting results.It looks like it will be a good final series.

In regards to the mayfield/dudley game,Never really been in to the could or should have scored goals. Simple game, you either put the ball in the net or not.
    Afterall, we could have had some of the 10 mainly first graders playing that missed the match on wednesday night. End of the day, it is what it is.

Tenambit V Kurri

Res 2-1 Tenambit

First 0-0

Dudley v raaf
    Reserves
    Dudley 0 raaf 2

First
    Dudley 0 raaf 0

No results lads? Cookers called off the game yesterday due to wet weather. Wed night re-scheduled. I heard RAAF beat Simba in both grades.

Tenambit v mayfield
    1-0 ressies ( I think)
    1-1 first

RAAF beat Simba 1-0 in both grades
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Has anyone heard yet where our gf is likely to be held

Cooks Hill v Dudley Redhead
    TIMERITE Pk
    Wed, 30th July

1st Cooks Hill 1 v Dudley Redhead 1
    Res Cooks Hill 5 v Dudley Redhead 0

Solid performace from dudley. Outplayed for large periods of the game, we managed to find a goal against the run of play.
    Unfortuneatly for us, A penalty with 10 minutes to go gave cooks hill an equaliser. Dissapointing as the penalty was defineatly not a penalty. The ref was the only person that thought it was.

Now I can see the frustration that other teams had expressed earlier in season. As after a tough season
    Where we have had one win, that penalty was the difference between a draw and a win. I also couldnt believe a cooks hill player was mistaken and yellow carded for another cooks hill player who ran 30 metres to get involved in a bit of push and shove.

Anyway enough whinging, still a good point earned. On with saturdays game vs mayfield.

If my maths is correct ( which it usually isn't) that draw to Cookshill gives Simba a 9 point lead leading into the last two rounds. And therefore gives them the PREMIERSHIP congratulations to Hunter Simba the only team we where unable to take any points off. Hopefully we get one last crack at u guys in the finals. But we'll done on a solid year and enjoy promotion to ZL2
    Last edited by sharky21; 31-07-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: maths was incorrect

Hunter simba were already assured minor premiership prior to wednesdays game.
    Well done simba,The table doesnt lie.

Should be a good battle for spots 3 and 4. No matter what happens in next few weeks RAAF should be happy on their first season in , As we have found out that this is a good comp.

Hopefully we can finish the season with another win and avoid the wooden spoon. We will then look to build a stronger squad for next season.

Mayfield Vs Dudley - catch up game
    Reserves 2-1 mayfield
    Firsts 4-0 mayfield

Firsts, very tight first half with both teams having a handful of good chances. Mayfield scored a scrappy goal late in the first half to go in at the break leading.

Mayfield came out a different team in the second half and took their chances and ran away with the match.

Well done mayfield,Too good especially in that 2nd half. Mayfield will finish 6th, Although they are better then the table suggests.

We will finish last, were we belong performance wise. Consistency has been a major issue, we simply didnt turn up on saturday after a good performance on wednesday night.

Anyway just the one game to go.

Stockton Sharks will be holding their old boys day this coming Saturday with all proceeds going to a great cause!

Any former Sharks of any form are encouraged to come along and support the day, as well as have a run in the Old Boys Match if theyre brave enough!

Hunter Simba v Cooks Hill United
    McDougal Field, Tech College

1st Simba 0 v Cooks Hill 1
    Res Simba 0 v Cooks Hill 1

(Scores via txt from Cookers manager. I wasn't there...somewhere else obviously today :P)

Tenambit v RAAF @ Beryl Humble
    Reggies 0-1
    1sts 1-2

Congrats to RAAF reserve grade on all but wrapping up minor premiers

Kurri v mayfield
    Res 1 nil Kurri
    1st 2 all

Has anyone heard the rumour of an ID4 next year? From what I hear it is to be 1 grade only and is to act as a third grade for ID2 / ID3 teams only as a "combined comp" So if for eg if Merewether in ID2 had a third team and Mayfield in ID3 had a third team they would both be in ID4.
    Obviously there would be some logistical issues it seems but scheduling would, where ever possible, mean all 3 grades played at home on the same day. Better chance of refs!
    I like it, some wrinkles to iron out but I reckon the we could fill a genuine third grade.