Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Well well well, I am surprised at those results. Kurri res grade obviously improved greatly throughout the year but RAAF were clearly the strongest team in res (in my eyes) all year. To get both teams through to GF is a great effort.
    Cookers 1st grade seemed to stall in the back end of the season, I would have had them v Simba in 1st grade GF at the 1/2 way point of the year.
    Should make for 2 interesting GF's due to the different playing styles of kurri v samba and cookers v kurri. Good luck to all.
    Cookers 1sts struggled with numbers the whole back half of the year, so we were happy we ended up limping into 2nd. If Simba are on they will be wry hard to beat, but should be a good game anyhow. I thought RAAF would have toppled Kurri but they got done in both games so they were obviously the better team.

First grade grand final should be a good game. Simba will be hard to beat if they are on.
    No suprise that kurri are in the final. They appear to play with more commitment and spirit then all the rest in this competition. Kurri may look to try dominate simba physically, they will battle hard for every play.

Cooks hill should win reserves. Good effort from kurri to make the final. They appeared to look much improved and sharper in game 3 against us( going of the 30 mins I seen).

Anyway best of luck to all involved. Would have come watch, but being on fathers day, no chance.

Had several phone calls this morning concerning grounds.

Beryl Humble under water.... Ducks 1 - Football 0
    Idea was proposed of moving to games to King Pk...(see above) = Ducks 2 - Football 0
    The search is still on. Watch this space!

King park would be fine, best wet weather fields around as they are playing there this morning as I drove past, it's just booked out that's all

Have heard they want to re play the grand final mid week what a load of shit there would have to be over 500 fields in newcastle and the hunter and we can't get a game on one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Had several phone calls this morning concerning grounds.

Beryl Humble under water.... Ducks 1 - Football 0
    Idea was proposed of moving to games to King Pk...(see above) = Ducks 2 - Football 0
    The search is still on. Watch this space!
    1 of the cookers boys didn't get the message and went to tenambit..said it looked fine, no surface water at all. Absolute gee up. If you tell people you are hosting a grand final, host the f*cking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The roosta View Post
    Have heard they want to re play the grand final mid week what a load of shit there would have to be over 500 fields in newcastle and the hunter and we can't get a game on one of them
    Not a snowballs chance in hell cooks hill will agree to a mid week game. Its ridiculous. Lets make it next Saturday and have 4 back up fields so this nonsense doesn't happen again

We even offered to try and organise a ground up our way just so we could play and were told it was to late as everyone else had already been informed that it was off and that it might be a mid week fixture

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Not a snowballs chance in hell cooks hill will agree to a mid week game. Its ridiculous. Lets make it next Saturday and have 4 back up fields so this nonsense doesn't happen again
    Fully agree with ya there man who the hell wants to play a grand final mid week I don't know why there wasn't more options available today with the weather we have had lately

Kurri won't be agreeing to a mid week catch up game either!!
    This is by far the biggest c*#kshow I've seen in all my years
    Of playing,grand finals don't get washed out!! It should be
    Played rain,hail or shine.this may be zfl3 but we all pay our rego
    Like ur zpl's and zfl 1,to be called off without even a decent
    Attempt to find an alternate venue is an absolute disgrace on
    Newcastle footballs behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by 11 herbs&spices View Post
    Kurri won't be agreeing to a mid week catch up game either!!
    This is by far the biggest c*#kshow I've seen in all my years
    Of playing,grand finals don't get washed out!! It should be
    Played rain,hail or shine.this may be zfl3 but we all pay our rego
    Like ur zpl's and zfl 1,to be called off without even a decent
    Attempt to find an alternate venue is an absolute disgrace on
    Newcastle footballs behalf.
    +1. I generally think Newcastle football do a pretty good job, but I am very surprised there was not 1 or 2 back up grounds locked away with all the rain we've been having. Shouldn't be having to scramble around grand final morning looking for a kick. Mad Monday plans in disarray! I should be on the piss now after a hard fought game!

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    1 of the cookers boys didn't get the message and went to tenambit..said it looked fine, no surface water at all. Absolute gee up. If you tell people you are hosting a grand final, host the f*cking thing.
    Just cause there is no surface water doesn't mean the ground is playable. We had a shit load of rain here last night and the day before. And as always has been the case at tenambit we put player safety first. The decision was made that it was unplayable at a reasonable time to find an alternative ground.
    If we had played and u or someone else had broken a leg because of the unplayable conditions u would be on here whinging and saying y didn't we call it off. So my club made the right choice. So how bout taking Ur frustrations out on the people who should have had a back up ground on standby in case of this situation instead of at a club who at the end of the day made the correct decision.

In my opinion we should be doing away with grandfinals and finals all together. I know I stand in the minority on this topic but have always believed the team at the top at seasons end are the best team and shouldn't then have to win a gf to prove that. More teams in each league extend the season a tad longer, would save all the bullshit that comes about with finals and the ifs and buts when wet weather plays it's part in the finals.

I agree ur in the minority

Go to the pub lads!!

Hey sharky, I do take ur point on the safety of players but one does sometimes wander about decisions as u guys have probably the most precious ground going. We know u get hit hard with fines if u proceed and damage the pitch, having said that I can't see how anyone actually expected to get a gig yesterday, It f@#ing pissed down all week! The games should now be next Sat, no ifs or butts!
    And yes.......u are in the minority. I know finals in football globally are not the norm but in Aus it is a custom we all love (most of us). How about also, the spare weekends, if it is fine the comp moves forward a week (so 2 weeks this year). To bad so sad for those who are away etc. it is football season, playing takes priority.
    Hopefully common sense prevails and the GF is next Sat.

From the word that has been going around so far I highly doubt it will be a Saturday game have heard cause of zpl gf next Saturday and npl Sunday but who knows
    I hope they do see it like the players and see we just want a grand final and be able to enjoy it on a weekend with supporters just as every other division has had the chance to today

yep unlike the world aussies have finals and for years if needed we've played in bog holes if needed. fk this puttin it back sh1t.

have it on friday night then get on the cans.
    Last edited by hawk; 07-09-2014 at 08:45 PM.

From the word that has been going around so far I highly doubt it will be a Saturday game have heard cause of zpl gf next Saturday and npl Sunday but who knows
    I hope they do see it like the players and see we just want a grand final and be able to enjoy it on a weekend with supporters just as every other division has had the chance to today
    Cooks hill have 2 teams in ZPL Gf next week and even taking that into account there is no way we want ZL3 to play anytime other than Saturday. No one is going to toss up watching ZPL or ZL3..if you are following a team you watch that game, and that's that. Surely Newcastle football can have 1 person at the ZL3 GF. I'd week grand final is a horrible idea and we won't be up for it at all.

Fck I wish they had just given us all another hour to look for another ground so we didn't have this shite to deal with.

Wink Shit heap

And this is why it shits me,just because there's divisions
    Above our comp doesn't make them kings,we p**s n s#€t in the same thing that
    Zpl do and yet we are fed the scraps whenever it's convenient for the association
    I'm honestly that fed up with being treated like an
    U12's junior,(even tho I bet my bottom $)
    They played they're gf)and yet we are told we'l
    Catch it up through the week to make sure that this
    Zpl has plenty of spectators next satdy..(glad I can go watch a team I couldn't give
    2 f&$ks about) good decision,there's a reason clubs are dropping off it it ain't
    From shy numbers of players,people aren't wiling or patient enuf
    To put they're hand up to av to deal with the s$$t that being dealt from the federation,
    And I don't blame them,something's gotta change and it's not goin to come from
    (The all high and mighty).sick of being treated like a pesant,had to get it off me chest
    N I know I'm not the only 1 thinking this.