Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Wow, No grand final. Sounds like a fair bit of blame game going on. Totally agree with 11herbs&spices
    Grand finals dont get washed out.

In saying that its ridiculas that if correct Tenambit fc have to pay Maitland Council for any demage to ground. That puts Tenambit in a no win situation. Ridiculas council rules that need to be lifted unless ground is a swamp. Otherwise other venues may have to be looked at.

Grand Finals will be played, this Sat 13th at Johnson Park West Wallsend.
    Have confirmed we will host them with Newcastle Football this evening so see everyone there

Quote Originally Posted by West Wallsend FC View Post
    Grand Finals will be played, this Sat 13th at Johnson Park West Wallsend.
    Have confirmed we will host them with Newcastle Football this evening so see everyone there
    Great work from the committee at westy for stepping up and helping out, now, please please don't call it off!!

Cheers westy for putting your hand up

That's awesome,thank you,finally some good news!!

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Great work from the committee at westy for stepping up and helping out, now, please please don't call it off!!
    No worries guys, our words to Russell Henry were the same this week as last week. Games will be played regardless, only called off if Match Officials decide to do so.

Not 100% sure of kick off times at moment, Zone Assoc were looking at bringing forward to allow people to get to see ZPL Finals I believe.

If weather looks like rain though and your a player, just perhaps park outside the ground so families etc can get cars into ground to watch you. We have covered seating on far side but due to the recent rain, for those that know the ground, we can't let cars past the scoreboard at the far end. Grounds being rolled again today to get rid of the bumps.divots from Sundays games so should be a good surface again for this Sat.

Cheers again guys and I'm pretty sure regardless if its rolled or not it would be top notch compared to what we play on every weekend lol

Quote Originally Posted by West Wallsend FC View Post
    No worries guys, our words to Russell Henry were the same this week as last week. Games will be played regardless, only called off if Match Officials decide to do so.

Not 100% sure of kick off times at moment, Zone Assoc were looking at bringing forward to allow people to get to see ZPL Finals I believe.

If weather looks like rain though and your a player, just perhaps park outside the ground so families etc can get cars into ground to watch you. We have covered seating on far side but due to the recent rain, for those that know the ground, we can't let cars past the scoreboard at the far end. Grounds being rolled again today to get rid of the bumps.divots from Sundays games so should be a good surface again for this Sat.
    Good initiative to get this up and running.

I can't see a reason why not to go with 10.30am and 12.45pm kick off's m'self.

Or even just leave them at normal times if 1st grade was to go to penalties and then have the presentation the people who wanna go watch zpl would be late anyway I'm pretty sure if supporters wanna go to watch them they will be there anyway regardless of our kick off times and having playing your own grand final I doubt many would go watch another game they would be keen to get on the drink
    Plus I like a sleep in and these times are getting me out of bed to early lol

What's the drainage like at westy? Had a fair drop of
    Rain this morning,someone must of run over a chinamen
    Between our 3 clubs,we've had nothing but bad luck
    With the weather for the last month.

Hopefully it clears up over the next few days surely we can't have that much bad luck to get washed out again lol

Quote Originally Posted by 11 herbs&spices View Post
    What's the drainage like at westy? Had a fair drop of
    Rain this morning,someone must of run over a chinamen
    Between our 3 clubs,we've had nothing but bad luck
    With the weather for the last month.
    Rained every day last week but it was easily playable last sunday , water would come out of the ground under foot but didnt affect the roll of the ball at all.

As someone from westy said you will get on rain hail or shine, dont stress haha

Just back from walking dog and walked past the ground. Groundsman was there marking field which looked great and was putting bins out. Didn't get a chance to chat but it hasn't rained very much at all out around Westy for the last 48 hours, fingers crossed just for a nice day for you boys to enjoy a nice drink and a bite to eat while watching the games.

GF UPDATE
    Res 1-0 win to cookshill

First start of second half 2-1 Kurri

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    GF UPDATE
    Res 1-0 win to cookshill

First start of second half 2-1 Kurri
    Kurri win 3-1 all players remained on the pitch, some by shear luck that the ref didn't want to show a red. #8 and captain for Simba was fairly keen to wait for the refs back to be turned then put a few cheap shots on some of the Kurri blokes. And I thought Kurri where ment to be the grubs. Kurri keeper was outstanding making plenty of crucial saves. Simba took the early lead and Kurri did well to come back and control large parts. Simba had their chances to get back into the game but where wasteful in front of goal.
    Last edited by sharky21; 15-09-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Congradulations to kurri. Well done to simba for minor premiership and promotion.

Didnt see the game, would have went to watch it if kickoff stayed at normal times. Stupid decison, All grand finals should be given their own standing.

I was suprised about lack of punishment in general by referees this year for challenges. Our club had only 1 suspension all year, suprising. All age referees much more harsh on dangerous challenges. Seen a couple of dangerous challenges that were obviouslly challenges to delibrately injure players,Not good.
    So it doesnt suprise me to here that some challenges were left unpunished.

Looking at it, Kurri have the ideal setup to push their club forward.

I have heard a rumour recently that some guys from Edgeworth Jnrs are looking at putting a team together for this league.
    Sounds like good news, the more clubs with a few all ages teams getting involved the better in my opinion!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Also heard Maitland are looking at getting a squad in.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I have heard a rumour recently that some guys from Edgeworth Jnrs are looking at putting a team together for this league.
    Sounds like good news, the more clubs with a few all ages teams getting involved the better in my opinion!
    One of our guys heard from the Edgeworth camp, They are defineatly in. Apparently there is interest from multiple other clubs.