Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

I've heard some murmurs coming from Abermain about trying to rustle up 2 grades to join ZL3 next season

imo, this will be the new All Age avenue for clubs. Clubs failing to adapt/make a team may be jeopardised.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    I've heard some murmurs coming from Abermain about trying to rustle up 2 grades to join ZL3 next season
    More clubs in id's the better. Especially given that three teams have left id's for the new fm league. If they slide everyone up to fill the gaps, new teams will be required to make up the difference. More teams also helps us to avoid the spoon.

Should all make for an interesting id meeting next week anyway.

Go play at Kurri. Bellbird and Weston Swifts have folded due to numbers this season, if anything it will only weaken the area. Abermain have no junior teams so what you'd base the team off a o/35s team and all age team? Really clever idea!

I don't see any problem with Abermain joining ZL3 despite them having a small junior base, Hunter Simba have done fine without one. The Weston Swifts managed to kick around for 10 years also. Presently, Kurri are the only ZL club in the Cessnock, Branxton and Kurri Kurri areas. There are numerous all age sides throughout these areas and not everyone who wants to play ZL would play for Kurri. There is definite potential for Abermain to attract players. Even if Abermain do base their squad around current sides in O/35's and A/Age, who really cares? They obviously want to play "real" football (45 minute halves, substitution etc.) instead of A/Age, so let them. It doesn't matter if they pull out of the competition in 1,2,3 even 10 years time, if at all. As long as they can field 2 sides, let them play.
    "The member formerly known as Bluenwhitejet"

I agree, pay their money and field two teams and they are in. Like mentioned before, 3 clubs have left zone leagues for new fm leagues. So basically new clubs are needed.

At the end of the day clubs have to
    crawl before they can walk. I would applaud Abermain if they give it a crack.

If Kearlsey can field an ID squad (1994 - when I first played ID's) then just about anyone can.
    Go Abermain!

Looks like zl3 will be a much different looking competition next year. 7 new clubs brings the number of zone clubs to 40.

New clubs are
    Edgeworth
    Abermain
    Valentine
    Kahibah
    Jesmond jnr
    New lambton jnr
    Wallsend

With ten team comps, most of these clubs will enter zl3. Wallsend have applied to be in zl2. Great news with the new teams, credit to federations in getting new entrants.

I say **** wallsend why do they get special rules start in 3s its only cause they ****ed there guys over now there in new fm...

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil17 View Post
    I say **** wallsend why do they get special rules start in 3s its only cause they ****ed there guys over now there in new fm...
    I take it a few have been told they are surplus to requirements?

Won't say what my thoughts are on a trip to abermain

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil17 View Post
    Can you please expand on how we "****ed" our guys over?

Wallsend ain't f/!.??ed any of the boys over we will all still support the club these that have played there last year and few of us coming back we just wanna stick together and play fir a great club

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    If Kearlsey can field an ID squad (1994 - when I first played ID's) then just about anyone can.
    Go Abermain!
    Kearsley... that's a blast from the past...always an entertaining trip .

oh thats right the wallsend mob who chat amongst themselves. take to the pub or park not here

I'm quite looking forward to an away game @ Abermain. Closer to home than a home game @ Tenambit

Ok so everyone is supposed to start in 3's but that would mean the team who cam 2nd last would be elevated to 2's and Wallsend will probably smash 3's. I think a little flexibility may go along way to ensuring the comps remain pretty even.

I'm quite looking forward to an away game @ Abermain. Closer to home than a home game @ Tenambit
    As long as it stays that way. And u don't decide to reverse thos home and away venues. ;-)

Interesting competition for season 2015.

Raaf
    Mayfield
    Dudley
    Wallsend
    Kahibah
    Valentine
    Abermain
    New lambton jnrs
    Jesnond jnr
    Edgeworth

Suprised tenambit went to zl2 in front of Raaf.
    Im tipping Raaf, Wallsend and Mayfield will all be around top 4.