Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    or with Club Tomago.
    Thats true, I mean lets be honest it shouldn't be hard to convince Club Tomago to support them over Thornton for gods sake.

Yeah I play for the RAAF side and we can't play our night games there due to the poor lighting. The midweek game we have coming up is going to be played in Medowie. I agree our ground is not the best in the comp with no change rooms or canteen or even seating for supporters. I have been playing in Sydney for 7 years though and no ground I ever played on in the Eastern Suburbs had change rooms and the parks were public parks and were usually wrecked by the weekend with public use so I can't complain. It's manageable when the sun is shining but on days like we had on Sunday it's less than ideal.

How does Dudley's ground hold up in regards to wet weather

Quote Originally Posted by Mahk View Post
    Its private land, owned by TAFE
    ok well lets not use it for sport at all. Any given day some muppet might decide to use it for another purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by The roosta View Post
    Not good at all. The juniors love to close the ground at the sight of rain

This rounds predictions
    Tenambit v cooks hill - cooks hill
    Dudley v kurri - kurri
    Mayfield v raaf. - raaf

Liles 1 ( where we play) is pretty good with wet weather, that is why we nominated it. Liles 2 gets called off if a dog pisses on the fence, it is rubbish for wet weather and unfortunately is the ground with the lights so training is effected quite a lot.

This rounds predictions
    Dudley v kurri - kurri
    Mayfield v raaf. - raaf
    Draw
    Dudley
    RAAF

This rounds predictions
    Dudley v kurri - kurri
    Mayfield v raaf. - raaf
    Tenambit
    Draw
    RAAF

Results from Tenambit
    Res
    2-4 to cooks hill

First 0-0
    First dominating display by us. Unlucky to not take all 3 points. Just couldn't find that goal. They hit the post early in second half but that was really the only time I was tested in goal.

Kurri v Dudley
    Ressies 1 - 0 Dudley I think didn't see to much of the game

Firsts 5 - 1 kurri
    Dominating display by us today in very windy conditions we kept the ball really well pretty much all game the score line could of been a lot more hitting the post and cross bar on a few occasions
    Dudley's goal come from a bit of mis communication between our sweeper and keeper and a good finish by them pretty sure they went to 10 men late in the second as they had used all there subs

Final result for weekend

Ressies raaf 4.1

Firsts
    3 all
    Mayfield dominating most the game leading 3 nill at half time raaf fought hard and with wind picking up helped em to a point. Great hard fought game

Extreamly poor game from dudley.But credit where credits due, Kurri were very good. Not much to say from a Dudley point of view.

Not sure that the score should have been much more, Kurri found the net pretty much on every shot. Dudley played most of the second half with 10
    Men due to 2 seperate injuries. One injury was caused by an extreamlly crude tackle into the back of our player. It certainly was a low point and tackle doesnt even decribe it. No place
    In the game.

Well done Kurri, Dudley no good.

Two rounds of football coming up that we at Tenambit play bystanders to. The good part is we get two byes out in on go the bad part is I'm not sure il.like looking at the table when both rounds and catch up games are completed.

Round 3 catch up game last night
    Kurri v mayfield

Ressies
    Kurri 1 - mayfield 2
    Really slow start by our guys going 1 down early on mayfield scored the second early in the second half after a challenge on our keeper had made the ball come loose which they put away
    We scored late in the half with a well taken goal but left it a bit late for a come back with having a lot of new really young guys this year it will take some time to get used to senior level but hopefully will get it together soon

1st grade
    Kurri 3 - mayfield 1
    A very fast and physical game played in good spirits
    both teams went at each other for the full 90 mins which made for a entertaining match mayfield seemed to have picked up a few new players and will finish a lot higher then in previous years
    As for us we made it very tough for ourselves doing a lot of the simple things wrong but still played some good football the first goal was pretty scrappy and we probably went to sleep for while but held mayfield out
    The second half we played a lot better knocking the ball around well for longer periods and pinched our second goal
    After pushing forward chasing another goal mayfield pinched a goal on the counter which then picked the speed of the game up more
    We brought on some fresh legs and it seemed to pay off being able to open mayfield up a bit more and we were rewarded with the 3rd goal we nearly pinched another right at the end but a good save from there keeper. credit to our boys though especially our keeper who keeps us in the game every week with some important saves we dug deep though and got a important result where we may have folded in previous years
    It will be a big test come Saturday and hopefully we can show up again and get the result

Results??

RAAF V Kurri
    Res 1-0 RAAF
    2-2 1sts
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Today was a tough end to end game fought hard by both teams the last 2 goals of the game were top notch and a draw was probably a fair result. I think playing Thursday night came back to haunt us during the game today but credit to us for digging in
    Thanks heaps to the raaf guy who put his hand up to ref the game after our officials were withdrawn late last night
    see you guys again Wednesday

Cooks Hill v Mayfield JFC
    TIMERITE Park

1st Cooks Hill 3 v Mayfield 0
    Res Cooks Hill 5 v Mayfield 0

Sorry about the delay with posting here and on SP. Didn't know results until this morning.

Any news on Dudley V Simba nothing on sporting pulse surley they played.