Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Has anyone heard the rumour of an ID4 next year? From what I hear it is to be 1 grade only and is to act as a third grade for ID2 / ID3 teams only as a "combined comp" So if for eg if Merewether in ID2 had a third team and Mayfield in ID3 had a third team they would both be in ID4.
    Obviously there would be some logistical issues it seems but scheduling would, where ever possible, mean all 3 grades played at home on the same day. Better chance of refs!
    I like it, some wrinkles to iron out but I reckon the we could fill a genuine third grade.
    More like no ZL3 next year and 12 team comps throughout..

But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    More like no ZL3 next year and 12 team comps throughout..

But who knows.
    Here here

Quote Originally Posted by The roosta View Post
    Has anyone heard yet where our gf is likely to be held
    Its going to be held at Beryl Humble Tenambit

I cant see there being a ZL3 comp next year with ZL1 a team short and rumours of two teams in ZL2 not fielding teams next year, surely the smart option is to give this comp the chop and add more to the higher grades.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    I cant see there being a ZL3 comp next year with ZL1 a team short and rumours of two teams in ZL2 not fielding teams next year, surely the smart option is to give this comp the chop and add more to the higher grades.
    Who's dropping out of 2's

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Who's dropping out of 2's
    Just want to repeat these are rumours I have heard with no concrete evidence and am happy to be told I am incorrect, but have heard Merewether and Medowie who have struggled for players this year may be dropping out.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Just want to repeat these are rumours I have heard with no concrete evidence and am happy to be told I am incorrect, but have heard Merewether and Medowie who have struggled for players this year may be dropping out.
    Merewether will be around in 2015 sharky. Might have had a rough year but this club has been around since 1894 and isn't goin anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Merewether will be around in 2015 sharky. Might have had a rough year but this club has been around since 1894 and isn't goin anywhere.
    Best find a new rumour I guess sharky, and maybe sack your source haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbery View Post
    Best find a new rumour I guess sharky, and maybe sack your source haha.
    The source will be sacked first thing tomorrow haha, I did make it clear I didn't have a concrete source but either way il be heading back into hibernation lol

Last round of the normal competition tommorow and for us at dudley for season 2014.

Still points and pride to play for and we will go to kurri determined to finish the season on a decent note. Especially given both grades inconsistent form of late.

We are aware that both kurri teams still have a job to do in regards to semi final football. So it should be two good games.

Regarding talk of id2/id3 combined third grade or id4. I know that a couple of our guys (dudley)put in a proposal to seek interest from other clubs.

Our club is looking to build a stronger club, therefore adding numbers without loosing players. Having another team in our ranks helps this issue. This would also create a stronger club feel that is more appealing to sponsors and for 3 officials.

As far as I know there is interest from at least 5 clubs for this to happen. 12 team competitions wont work, too big difference in quality from first to last. Less semi
    final spots would mean teams lose interest. Would it really matter if Id4's was of less quality then All Age 'A' ? Most clubs have affiliated all age teams, why not incorparate them in further.

At the end of the day more players and teams will only strengthen competition. All competitions have to start somewhere.

Cooks Hill ZL3 would be interested in a 3rd grade I reckon.

RAAF vs Mayfield
    Res: 4-1
    1st: 2-3

Cookshill vs tenambit
    Res 2-0
    1st. 0-3

Kurri v Dudley
    Res 2-0
    1st 5-0
    Dominating performances in both games today having ressies make the finals today and firsts securing 3rd spot was a top finish to a great old boys day with the club celebrating 110 years
    Bring on next week and good luck to all teams in the finals

Well that's our first season over and done with. Maybe it didn't go quite to plan but it has been a valuable learning curve. Not bad for a bunch of AA E/M guys I suppose but we obviously need for next year to attract 4-5 quality guys to strengthen first grade. We remained committed to the end and in true Dudley spirit we never gave up.
    To the teams who have made the finals good luck. In the end I think it was the top 4 teams of the season getting through. Mayfield must be wrapped we have come in and taken the wooden spoon off them!
    I must say I hope to see a bit more consistency in the refs department next year, especially in more local areas where they know everyone's names!!!!!
    The level of this competition has been pretty impressive as a whole and we are pleased we made the jump. Bring on 2015 where we will be bigger, faster, better and be really targeting top 4 in both grades (or 3 grades????)
    Over and out for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Well that's our first season over and done with. Maybe it didn't go quite to plan but it has been a valuable learning curve. Not bad for a bunch of AA E/M guys I suppose but we obviously need for next year to attract 4-5 quality guys to strengthen first grade. We remained committed to the end and in true Dudley spirit we never gave up.
    To the teams who have made the finals good luck. In the end I think it was the top 4 teams of the season getting through. Mayfield must be wrapped we have come in and taken the wooden spoon off them!
    I must say I hope to see a bit more consistency in the refs department next year, especially in more local areas where they know everyone's names!!!!!
    The level of this competition has been pretty impressive as a whole and we are pleased we made the jump. Bring on 2015 where we will be bigger, faster, better and be really targeting top 4 in both grades (or 3 grades????)
    Over and out for 2014.
    AA/E & M? Kudos to you and your club for stepping up Charman.
    Should be more of it from some clubs with big AA numbers and 'no go Zones / go no Zones / Zone no goes'

From a first grade perspective of tenambits year, it's a tad disapointing to not be playing finals football as that was our goal at the start of the season, I really feel that we should be there but let ourselves down with 7 draws with majority of them being games I believe we should have won. But as a playing group we take this is a step forward considering in the last 3 years we have had two wooden spoons and a second last dropping from zl1 to ZL3 within that period of time. To attain more points this year then those 3 put together is a positive, and hopefully with the majority of the boys staying we can add to few keys positions and give this comp a proper go next year and be more consistent.

From a res grade point of view we are stoked to be playing finals football the final position is a bit lower then we would have liked considering we went something like 14 games undefeated but dropping the last 3 cost is the chance to place first. But we will be ready and to give these finals a good shake.

Extreamlly dissapointing way to finish the season with a 5-0 loss. The 2nd goal a minute or so before half time killed any chance of a result for us. That goal came of a dubious free kick and highlighted how most breaks have gone against us this year. We battled hard untill the final 10 minutes when we hit the wall and kurri knocked im three quick late goals.

As for the finals, it should be a close series. I hope RAAFget the money, as like us they are a new side.

For us at dudley, its been an interesting season. Getting a squad of 32 players together has been unique. Although we had 16 or so players from 2 all age sides, the rest were sourced from around 10 teams.

The competition was strong. having played a fair few seasons of All Age A, I found Id3 1st grade
    Stronger. I found the referee standard overall good, but like most teams in new competitions the big calls often go against you.

Time to plan for season 2015, not sure on how the competition will pan out. But hopefully this id4s can get a start and some of the clubs jump on and enter a team.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Extreamlly dissapointing way to finish the season with a 5-0 loss. The 2nd goal a minute or so before half time killed any chance of a result for us. That goal came of a dubious free kick and highlighted how most breaks have gone against us this year. We battled hard untill the final 10 minutes when we hit the wall and kurri knocked im three quick late goals.

As for the finals, it should be a close series. I hope RAAFget the money, as like us they are a new side.

For us at dudley, its been an interesting season. Getting a squad of 32 players together has been unique. Although we had 16 or so players from 2 all age sides, the rest were sourced from around 10 teams.

The competition was strong. having played a fair few seasons of All Age A, I found Id3 1st grade
    Stronger. I found the referee standard overall good, but like most teams in new competitions the big calls often go against you.

Time to plan for season 2015, not sure on how the competition will pan out. But hopefully this id4s can get a start and some of the clubs jump on and enter a team.
    What happened to all the blokes that played All Age D Grade for Dudley in 2013? You should sign them up - they would carve up ID3s.