Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Goodluck to RAAF, cooks hill and Simba in the finals ! carve up !

If any grubby sides win a medal i will be disapointed!

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post

Pretty interesting comments I gather you had some issues during Ur games against Kurri this year? Actually did u even play in this comp if I'm not mistaken u have a link with garden suburbs. I played in 6 games against Kurri this year between the two grades and trials and couldn't once think of a time i walked off thinking they were a bunch of grubs. And those on this forum know i am an oppinunated goal keeper who doesn't mind a bit of verbal afters, they are competitive and strong into a challenge, I myself got flattened a few times but always got a hand up or at least asked if I was all good even after some previous verbals.

I gathered Ur comments were intended at first grade but just to be clear tenambit res grade ain't grubs either.
    Last edited by sharky21; 20-08-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifts View Post
    What happened to all the blokes that played All Age D Grade for Dudley in 2013? You should sign them up - they would carve up ID3s.
    The dudley all age D team from 2013 played in All Age B this year. The came 5th from what I know this year. They did carve up All age D last year with some big wins and from what I seen played some good football.

We are open to any player joining next year in an attempt to strenthen club. If the 3rd team competition goes through then we would defineatly target players from our 4 all age sides.

Does swifts originate from weston swifts that played them last year?

One would think you may attract a few responses to this. It's not like you made it obvious or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    The dudley all age D team from 2013 played in All Age B this year. The came 5th from what I know this year. They did carve up All age D last year with some big wins and from what I seen played some good football.

We are open to any player joining next year in an attempt to strenthen club. If the 3rd team competition goes through then we would defineatly target players from our 4 all age sides.

Does swifts originate from weston swifts that played them last year?
    Sure does. They smashed us in both games. They passed the ball around well and had quite a few players who i thought could easily play at a much higher level. I'm surprised they finished 5th in B Grade - but then again, there are some strong teams scattered throughout the All Age divisions.

I'm yet to see any grubby teams in ZL3. There's a few grubs scattered throughout most sides, but I don't consider any whole team to be grubby. Care to elaborate further" fresh"? Also, "swifts" is a former Weston Swift, just like myself

Quote Originally Posted by Swifts View Post
    Sure does. They smashed us in both games. They passed the ball around well and had quite a few players who i thought could easily play at a much higher level. I'm surprised they finished 5th in B Grade - but then again, there are some strong teams scattered throughout the All Age divisions.
    So im guessing the former swifts players lined up for Kurri Id3's this year?

Ouch, Very harsh words. Grub is a very big call. There are a few players in the competition who like the odd cheap trip or shot. I wouldnt call them grubs.

Kurri certainly go in hard in tackles and close to the mark. But if they win the ball, then theres no dramas. They probably more commited to 50/50 tackles then most. It obviously must have upset Fresh. Our guys arnt complaining, afterall we were probably
    Seen as one of the more physical teams often teams whinged about us.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    So im guessing the former swifts players lined up for Kurri Id3's this year?
    A few did, but not me - Swifts and Kurri had a big rivalry on the pitch, and i'll never play for them. Although most of the Swifts and Kurri players are mates off the park.

Likewise, I'd never play for Kurri. I preferred to make the trip out to Tenambit

up the CHOOKS!!!

Games today from the raaf base
    Ressies
    Kurri - 2 v raaf - 0
    We played some top football today and dominated large parts of the game and deserved the win probably could of been another one or two more
    Raaf did have a couple of chances but never really tested our keeper hopefully we can play with the same determination next week and progress to the big show
    1st grade
    Raaf v Simba
    Was 2 nil to the raaf when I left and Simba were down to 10 men but still seemed to be on top

Semi's ON at Cookers today.
    1:15 & 3pm, as per usual.

Games at cookers ground will be off looking to transfer game to another ground. But not looking good.

Games transferred to Beryl Humble

1st grade
    Kurri - 1 v cooks hill - 0

Very hard fought game both sides creating a few chances lucky enough the better one fell to us now on to next week

Reserve grade: Tenambit 0 - Cooks Hill 3

Bloody Kurri,nothing but a bunch of grubs.....

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Reserve grade: Tenambit 0 - Cooks Hill 3
    3-0 didn't reflect the game, tenambit played well and kept coming all game. If they had of snagged the good chance they had in the first 5 mins the game would have been a lot closer. Cookers jagged a couple of counter goals in the second to seal it up. Looking forward to another good game next week.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Games transferred to Beryl Humble
    Huge shout out to tenambit for the last minute ground swap. Massive effort from that club to get the fixtures played. Thanks from cookers.