Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Last time I checked none of our guys are getting paid to play. One ZPL team I know of only training once a week. Like I said, pressure on teams that train twice a week. You would want to make semis.
    Im not sure there is any added pressure on the teams who train twice a week. I think if you were to ask most clubs how many nights a week they trained most would answer two some even three. But really it does come down to what ever suits the players at our club, but yeah I don't think there is any added pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Training once a week would be good - life has caught up with me & training is no longer an option, so sadly looks like football wont be either.
    We made the call to train once a week and average 26 guys out of 31 every session. Guys life commitments means they are happy with this setup. This means training is enjoyable and more importantly the games are eagerly anticipated. It is a fairly lengthy season and we see this as maintaining higher enthusiasm for the full season. This is how we have so many guys so keen, it is not ZPL it is ZPL3, big diff. We will see come comp time of course.

My thoughts are that NBN should train 3x a week, Newfm & ZPL 2x, and the rest could get away with 1 (maybe 2). Life balance being the main reason, a long season with less then ideal recovery practices means less stress on injuries, better attendance with better attitudes towards training. Greater mental freashness for games & training. Lets face it at this level guys are not going to improve a great deal skill wise with extra sessions, nor will the get any fitter then if they treated themselves to a 30-45min cardio session during the week when the time suits them.

I do agree if you do a long pre season and train 2 nights a week then have to play a long season like the one we have now guys can loose interest especially if your getting beat week in week out
    On the other hand I also see it though if you have a group of guys willing to put in the hard yards I think most weeks you will get the reward on the weekend
    I think the 2 nights also helps the coaches decide on teams and allows players another night to show up incase of work
    I guess everyone's pre season and training schedule will show in the coming weeks if teams are doing enough

A few of our guys wanted to train only once a week, otherwise they would still be playing at a higher level. Hence the reason of playing id3's. I heard one team training 3 times a week, serious!

Keeping squad reasonably fresh before weekend games important, especially if you have guys in their 30's or 40's. As stated in a previous msg big different between Zpl and id3.

No pressure. But if we trained 2 times a week, im sure expectations would be high. Would be dissapointing if you didnt perform

Lol this is a silly topic in my opinion.

Every team is different, unless you know exactly where they stand at the start of the season how can you say whether there is pressure on a team or not? Consider a team made up of young players coming straight out of junior football with little to no experience at seniour level, even all age.

If they were training 2 times a week would you still say there is pressure for them to come top 4 etc?

Training twice a week might be the difference between coming last and being whipping boys and coming 5th/6th and being competitive in preparation for next year. In the end all teams are different and some may just be out for a social kick around at a level higher than AA, others may actually want to progress their team and move them forward.

People that say "oh you train 2 or 3 times a week, you have pressure to succeed then" are often the same ones that fall back on to the fact they only train once a week as an excuse for poor performances.
    At this level if you're training multiple times a week your "success" should be based on improvement, not necessarily whether you win the comp.

Hopefully the predicted rain stays away or rnd 1 will be a 4th Wednesday night game

Any predictions for the first round

[QUOTE=The roosta;73981]Any predictions for the first round[/QUOTE
    Cooks Hill V Bye
    Simba V Mayfield
    Raaf V Dudley Draw
    Kurri V Tenambit

Cooks hill
    Simba by 3
    Raaf by 1
    Kurri by 2

Kurri V Tenambit OFF not how I wanted to start the season with a catch up game away

Quote Originally Posted by The roosta View Post
    I do agree if you do a long pre season and train 2 nights a week then have to play a long season like the one we have now guys can loose interest especially if your getting beat week in week out
    On the other hand I also see it though if you have a group of guys willing to put in the hard yards I think most weeks you will get the reward on the weekend
    I think the 2 nights also helps the coaches decide on teams and allows players another night to show up incase of work
    I guess everyone's pre season and training schedule will show in the coming weeks if teams are doing enough
    some players need to get their ass down to training at least twice a week. you know who they are, the inexperienced, ones who cant use both feet, the lazy's
    Last edited by hawk; 04-04-2014 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    One of our guys heard raaf training twice a week and bringing in all different types of coaches for different sessons. Fitness coaches etc, anyone that trains more then once a week would want to finish top 4.
    No need to bring a fitness coach when we have them on base!
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Are all other games still going ahead?

Raaf v dudley
    1st grade 0-0
    Reserves 1-1
    Very impressed with raaf, great performance by us (dudley) in both grades considering we had 8 out.

[QUOTE=sharky21;73987]
    Quote Originally Posted by The roosta View Post
    Any predictions for the first round[/QUOTE
    Cooks Hill V Bye
    Simba V Mayfield
    Raaf V Dudley Draw
    Kurri V Tenambit
    So far so good for my tips for round 1 just need my team to win catch up game

Thought you might have some trouble with the cooks hill game sharkey.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

[QUOTE=sharky21;74150]
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    So far so good for my tips for round 1 just need my team to win catch up game
    Do some reconnaissance at the TAFE today or heard the score from a contact? It was simba 1-0 if anyone was wondering, plenty of positives for mayfield though.
    Last edited by eggball convert; 05-04-2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Coz grammar that's why

[QUOTE=eggball convert;74164]
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post

Do some reconnaissance at the TAFE today or heard the score from a contact? It was simba 1-0 if anyone was wondering, plenty of positives for mayfield though.
    Almost was 1-1... that shot that bounced sideways of the post...

I can see Mayfield being promoted. That the best I've seen Simba play all pre-season. Those Mayfield players should be feeling proud, well at least the 1st graders

Simba cannot score unless its on the counter attack. Mayfield 1st grade constructed a brick wall that Simba could not get through. When Simba did score, it was on the counter and I think mayfield keeper was feeling tired (2 games) because he chose not to dive...

Reserve grade:
    Simba 4 or 5 (in the first half) - 0 Mayfield