Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Anyone got trials organised yet? We at Tenambit have some lined up but not confirmed as of yet.

We (mayfield) have had one vs Simba, also have some more lined up but need to confirm, if anyone interested in hosting us let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Roberju View Post
    We (mayfield) have had one vs Simba, also have some more lined up but need to confirm, if anyone interested in hosting us let me know
    Yeah heard u guys had one already. Uv done well to be that organised to get the teams together to play. We are only upto our 6th session still working out who staying and who training for.fitness reasons. But we do now have one booked against Merewether Advance late Feb just before state cup.

Interesting predictions.
    I do agree with simba and cooks hill being in the top 4, no brainer.
    I also think that tenambit will be in the top 4 and a real possibility of being top 2. They have come down from id2's, which judging on recent years is a much harder comp then id3's.

As for the rest, I think they will be competing for that 4th spot. Dungog and kurri will finish higher then predicted. I think they will be pushed by toronto, mayfield and the raaf.

As for us at dudley, we will see. The goal will be to be competitive and have a chance of making semis right up to last round in both grades. We do have some decent players. But so do everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Yeah heard u guys had one already. Uv done well to be that organised to get the teams together to play. We are only upto our 6th session still working out who staying and who training for.fitness reasons. But we do now have one booked against Merewether Advance late Feb just before state cup.
    Was great to get in early trial, but similar you really dont know what squad will look like to everyone paid. Would love more trials but we can't play on our ground due to softball. So if you guys or any other teams would be willing to host us, let me know and will get it organised.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I also think that tenambit will be in the top 4 and a real possibility of being top 2. They have come down from id2's, which judging on recent years is a much harder comp then id3's.
    Tenambit did struggle last season. They had one guy of good quality (a mid/striker), but the rest of the team didn't really stand out to me (in my limited exposure to them). Plus they were playing the wrong keeper in firsts for our night game IMO. But if they're able to keep their core group together, they can only be improving each year.

ZL2 was relatively strong all round though - I had Olympic picked for GF winners and they didn't even make the semis. But I have nothing to compare it with ZL3.

Also Toronto IDs has folded, I've been told by two of their players from last year.
    OK

Toronto, have they confirmed that to association? I hope not, we are looking at them to be one of the teams we can take points off.

Tenambit will also get a boost in team morale playing in a weaker competition. They should hit the ground running.

We (tenambit) have kept most of our squad from last year and have added to the squad with new players and some returning players ( hopefully they all stay) and with a new coach we are starting this year fresh and forgetting about the last two.years of disappointment. Won't be as bold to make any predictions on how we travel as we are only in our 3rd week of training and as I said before unsure of who is staying. Looking forward to the competition this year playing some teams I haven't played before. I did keep an eye on this comp last year to gain some insight but new year all new ball game.

And PV4 I'm doing my best to get the nod between the sticks in first will have to wait and see if my form carrys over or last season was a fluke lol.

St Johns (the new team to Newcastle Football) could be making a ID 3 squad instead of 2 all age teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahk View Post
    St Johns (the new team to Newcastle Football) could be making a ID 3 squad instead of 2 all age teams.
    Hopefully they do and hopefully Toronto stay in to make it a ten team comp

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    And PV4 I'm doing my best to get the nod between the sticks in first will have to wait and see if my form carrys over or last season was a fluke lol.
    All the best with it pal. Like I said last season, you were the standout of the two IMO.

Toronto IDs players have been training with intention to sign with other clubs already. They won't be competing in ID3s this year.
    OK

Toronto had players last year I think stocko might disagree there

Toronto players are welcome to join Hunter Simba. Might be a bit of a trek though...

Has there been any official news on toronto as yet? Are they in or out? I find it strange that a team would pull the plug so close to the start of the season. What about St. Johns? Is there a serious chance of joining id3's? Who are they and where they from. I Know nothing.

I'm hearing rumours about teams dropping out or teams coming in left right and centre. A decision from these teams and the association needs to be made soon so that it don't bugger the rest of the teams around. It would be nice to know the full make up of the comp in advance of the comp starting. And hopefully no one drops out during the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Has there been any official news on toronto as yet? Are they in or out? I find it strange that a team would pull the plug so close to the start of the season. What about St. Johns? Is there a serious chance of joining id3's? Who are they and where they from. I Know nothing.
    St Johns is a new team, who left the Christian Churches Comp (because the CCC assoc. is terribly run, if run at all). They have intentions of having an ZL3 team in 2015 but are unsure about jumping into the 'deep' end with zone league in 2014.

Hunter Simba ZL3 hosting Merewether ZL2

9th March, No.2 Oval Maitland Rd Tighes Hill.

Reserves kickoff 2pm
    1sts kickoff 3:35pm

Hunter Simba FC (Zone 3) is interested in hosting any trial games. Please contact me, Mark Piggott. Email: crazypiggott@hotmail.com, ATT trial games ("Crazy" is a Rugby nickname from Wanderers if anyone was wondering).

Our preferred setup is 2 games in a row (same day) in the same style as the league (Secondary team and Primary team aka reserves then 1sts). We can also play against two individual teams from different/same clubs.

If anyone is interested in joining Hunter Simba FC ZL3 for 2014, our training nights are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6:30pm till 8:30pm. Our preseason training is currently fitness and passing drills.

We also are interested in any juniors who are interested in joining H.Simba Juniors.

No.2 Oval
    Maitland Rd
    Tighes Hill
    Last edited by Mahk; 03-02-2014 at 05:24 PM.

I agree with sharky21. Teams/clubs are either in or out. They should be sorted well before now. Lets get on with football.