Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Well.at least it's not just this grade having team issues just read the plattsy have pulled out of ZPL and dropping to ZL2. They way I see it if another ZL2 team can not fill 3 teams to play in ZL1 (with a ZL1 team moving to ZPL) one team from ZL2 will have to drop back to our comp. ( hope that makes sense) be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.

I am associated with 2 clubs and I contacted Plattys a few weeks ago about trials. Said they didn't have a coach or players. I contacted Newcastle association who replied with they are still in. Yet everyone and their dog knows they were gone. The whole Zone leagues are a mess at the moment and I agree does need to be sorted out. The federations seem to be playing the out of mind out of sight game. Instead of actually contacting the clubs in trouble and finding out what is going on

If plattsy knew a few weeks ago shouldn't it be their job to contact the federation? surely you don't think its the federations problem that plattsy or anyone for that matter is having trouble retaining/recruiting players, i doubt these issues have emerged overnight...

Well Plattsy are officially gone from Zone as of today. Dropped back down to division 2. The writing was on the wall and really it wasn't difficult to know. I didn't mean it's the federations problem of retaining/recruiting players. But as far as sorting out what teams are in what division are their problems. Teams being allowed to hold positions in a division when clearly they are going to struggle is a bad idea. For 2 years now they have struggled to get players and particularly last year had been relying on all age players to back up. Morisset are another club I have heard are struggling big time. So what happens with them is another waiting game

anyone got a contact number for the new dudley redhead team?

As far as i am concerned they shouldn't have three grades in league 1. Clubs are in certain grades for a reason, and should be up to the individual club to determine and notify the association of their progress and intentions.
    Either way, I'm looking forward to another season.

Fresh, contact new dudley at the following Drufc.interdistrict@gmail.com

Its checked daily

Final teams announced yet, for the season?
    Hows the new teams looking?

For a new team I am pretty happy with where we are at the moment (Dudley) MUCH work to be done though. First game will be very interesting.
    Still working through 1st / reserve grade selections but getting close to announcing the side.

whats everyone's rego costs, including pants, socks etc?
    IMO Dungog last year had the best in a while, personal fitted playing shirt with name that you keep, shorts, socks, jacket and warm up shirt. (All high quality Adidas) $320

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    whats everyone's rego costs, including pants, socks etc?
    IMO Dungog last year had the best in a while, personal fitted playing shirt with name that you keep, shorts, socks, jacket and warm up shirt. (All high quality Adidas) $320
    Tenambit are $300 and you get a free hoodie. ( cheapest iv paid at the club for a long time) Would love to know how clubs afford to give out all the extra and not lose money as iv been told my club losing money just on our cheaper rego.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Tenambit are $300 and you get a free hoodie. ( cheapest iv paid at the club for a long time) Would love to know how clubs afford to give out all the extra and not lose money as iv been told my club losing money just on our cheaper rego.
    Sponsorship. More sponsors is more money to spend toward rego

Mayfield $450 ($350 before Christmas) but get token payments for training, games, pub visits etc think I made back $350 last year. But I go the the pub a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberju View Post
    Mayfield $450 ($350 before Christmas) but get token payments for training, games, pub visits etc think I made back $350 last year. But I go the the pub a lot.
    I like the idea of the token payment scheme. We thought about doing that with training to encourage players to attend. But the thought of paying $450 up front scares me. We also have personal player sponsors where you can go out and a company to pay your rego. There is obviously something in it for the company with the fact they get exposure at every home game when players name and who sponsors them is announced before kick off.

$250 at Simba. Socks and shorts provided.

Any news on when the final teams will be announced.
    Looks like 2 teams may be gone, hopefully it doesn't stay at 7!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    Any news on when the final teams will be announced.
    Looks like 2 teams may be gone, hopefully it doesn't stay at 7!!!
    Who are the two teams? I thought it was just Toronto struggling for numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberju View Post
    Who are the two teams? I thought it was just Toronto struggling for numbers.
    unfortunately not, I know of another team worse off than Toronto. Won't mention the team until it is finalized and confirmed by them mate.
    Either way, would like to think if Toronto goes too they won't leave it at 7

put one of the 7 up to zl2. because morrisets going back to zl1 apperently? then leave 6 in zl3 but play each other 3 times? will then be the same amount of games as a 10 team comp. Then they can be proactive in organizing 4 new teams for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    put one of the 7 up to zl2. because morrisets going back to zl1 apperently? then leave 6 in zl3 but play each other 3 times? will then be the same amount of games as a 10 team comp. Then they can be proactive in organizing 4 new teams for next year.
    Morisset going up have been replaced by Plattsburgh dropping 2 division.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!