Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Music Thread

Is Soundwave a festival for retired bands that run out of cash or something?

Metallica, Linkin Park, Blink-182, A Perfect Circle, the Offspring, Paramore, Garbage, Tomahawk, Stone Sour, Ghost, Sum 41, Dragonforce, Flogging Molly, Duff Mckagans Loaded, Motion City Soundtrack, Lawrence Arms, Kingdom of Sorrow, Fozzy, Cancer Bats, Madball, Vision of Disorder, While She Sleeps, Periphery, Kyuss Lives!, Shai Halud, of Mice & Men, Miss May I, Woe Is Me, the Wonder Years, Pierce the Veil, Six Feet Under, Red Fang, Chunk! No Captain Chunk!

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...#ixzz22uRc2MhO

definently some bands worth going for. but a lot that I either don't know yet or are a bit to screamo for my liking. Most may be old, but nostalgia is a great way to sell concert tickets.

Am I the only one who thinks Sum41 are shit? Last time I went to Soundwave everyone was jizzing over them. They are bad enough on the wireless but terrible live. Am I missing something?

Interesting to see Blink 182 on the lineup. Didn't think Travis was keen on flying? Money must be tight.

Would be keen to see Linkin Park. Not a massive fan but i think it would be a decent show. Probably just look at a few sideshows as the crowd at these things annoys the hell out of me. I think I am just getting too old for this shit.

Lineup is pretty good so far, although a lot more mainstream crap too.. (ie Blink 182, Sum 41, etc..)
    I am pumped up to see Metallica again (word has it that they will be playing the Black album in its entirety), I didnt even realise A Perfect Circle still existed but will be worth seeing again.. Tomahawk, Ghost, Shai Hulud, Kyuss Lives are awesome..
    The two bands that I will definitely be getting there to see are Vision Of Disorder and Periphery.. VoD are one of my "If I can see them live at least once in my life, I'll die a happy bloke" bands.. When I read they were coming out, it was stiffy-time..

Apart from having VoD in there, at the moment I still think last years lineup was better.. More announcements to come!!!

I would go to see Linkin Park but knowing my luck they will play all their latest mainstream shit instead of when they were actually good ie Hybrid Theory.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Sum41 are shit? Last time I went to Soundwave everyone was jizzing over them. They are bad enough on the wireless but terrible live. Am I missing something?
    no

Sum 41 are probably shit but they had that one good song that was almost an anthem of the late 90's that's fun to sing along to . Nostalgia isn't a bad thing, I just hope there's some more cooler than cool bands released in the next line up (I'm sure there'll be a second line up announced next month).

sum41 are terrible, no redeeming features whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    sum41 are terrible, no redeeming features whatsoever
    what he said

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I quite like them actually

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I quite like them actually
    Good for you

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I would go to see Linkin Park but knowing my luck they will play all their latest mainstream shit instead of when they were actually good ie Hybrid Theory.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    lol
    lololololololol

Sum41 played with Unwritten Law one night at the Workers a few years ago.
    Thought they were OK.

If anyone else was at the Anthrax gig at the Palais a LOT of years ago you would be heading straight to see them at Soundwave.
    Freaking awesome night.
    Get on it lads.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If anyone else was at the Anthrax gig at the Palais a LOT of years ago you would be heading straight to see them at Soundwave.
    Freaking awesome night.
    Get on it lads.
    Wow, how long ago was it when they were at the Palais??
    I'll be going to check them out again at Soundwave for sure..

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    My Bloody Valentine coming to Aus for the All Tomorrow's Parties thing which is on Melbourne. Hopefully this means sideshows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Wow, how long ago was it when they were at the Palais??
    I'll be going to check them out again at Soundwave for sure..
    From memory it was about '96. Was blown away by not only how heavy they were, but the musicianship from the whole band was phenomenal. So tight, they were every bit in tune with each other as live bands like Primus and RATM. Just a great live band. How that will go on a big stage/outdoor I don't know but jeez, if there's better then you're in for a good day.

And Scotty Ian high fived me which was ****ing awesome.
    Last edited by plague; 11-08-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    From memory it was about '96. Was blown away by not only how heavy they were, but the musicianship from the whole band was phenomenal. So tight, they were every bit in tune with each other as live bands like Primus and RATM. Just a great live band. How that will go on a big stage/outdoor I don't know but jeez, if there's better then you're in for a good day.

And Scotty Ian high fived me which was ****ing awesome.
    Yeah I saw them at Soundwave a few years back, they were pretty damn awesome on the big stage. (Although in fairness, I had eaten some "cookies", so pretty much everything was awesome at the time..)
    I think I would prefer to see them on a smaller, more intimate stage..

As for Vision Of Disorder coming out, as long as I get to see them live, I wouldnt mind if I didn't see any other band that day.
    I grew up listening to them, like, you know when you first start discovering all the good things in life (women, booze, partying, etc).. This band were the soundtrack with my mates for that time in my life.. If that makes any sense? They broke up in early 2002, and reformed in the last couple of years.. Didn't think I'd ever get to see em, so I'm pretty damn excited..