Page 72 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Guitar sound is awesome Bon.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Dunster - another JJJ band you might like to check out is Parcels, if you haven't already stumbled across them. I have no doubt they're probably not doing anything groundbreaking, but in terms of the last 10-20 years, they are doing something different. Pretty slick musicians. "Overnight" was the track that first caught my attention a year or two ago, and they put out an album earlier this year. Were on like a version last Friday.
    It sounds good.

Heavily Nile Rodgers influenced and produced by Daft Punk - who Nile Rodgers is closely associated with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It sounds good.

Heavily Nile Rodgers influenced and produced by Daft Punk - who Nile Rodgers is closely associated with.

Yep I also went down a bit of a Nile Rodgers rabbit hole after digging into that connection. I tended to not like too many of his songs that I came across, but definitely enjoyed the playing. Having played mainly acoustic guitar and doing most of my muting with my right hand, I find the style quite difficult to emulate - but its pretty cool.

I may be mistaken but I think Daft Punk were only in on the Overnight single.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yep I also went down a bit of a Nile Rodgers rabbit hole after digging into that connection. I tended to not like too many of his songs that I came across, but definitely enjoyed the playing. Having played mainly acoustic guitar and doing most of my muting with my right hand, I find the style quite difficult to emulate - but its pretty cool.

I may be mistaken but I think Daft Punk were only in on the Overnight single.
    You need a slap back delay effect to make it work. It's very difficult without it.

I think you're right that it was only the single Daft Punk produced.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 30-01-2019 at 08:04 AM.

New song out from Clutch..
    Damn they are some tripped-out dudes, but great concept about lawyers.. haha
    Neil Fallon is a legend..

I watch this video and wonder why I even bother playing guitar. Much like Jackson Pollack avoided symmetry in the Blue Poles - Holdsworth avoids dominant notes. It's just beyond comprehension that anyone could play the way he did. And the technique - it's simply mind blowing.

I watch this video and wonder why I even bother playing guitar. Much like Jackson Pollack avoided symmetry in the Blue Poles - Holdsworth avoids dominant notes. It's just beyond comprehension that anyone could play the way he did. And the technique - it's simply mind blowing.
    Bloody hell.. They are all frothing.. Sounds awesome!!
    How are his fingers in the weird chords at the start, like a packet of broken twisties..

Ridiculous playing aside, I love the way he just looks like some bloke you would see down at the newsagent buying the paper..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    How are his fingers in the weird chords at the start, like a packet of broken twisties..
    We dont all play one note at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

Bit rich coming from the bloke getting "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" dedicated to him on the radio...

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Bit rich coming from the bloke getting "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" dedicated to him on the radio...
    It’s not like I requested the song.

New Dream Theater tomorrow.
    New Devy next month.

****ing banging month for my favourite pair of DT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    New Dream Theater tomorrow.
    New Devy next month.

****ing banging month for my favourite pair of DT's.
    John Petrucci is a monster player. He did a series of videos for Guitar World in 2018 which are absolutely brilliant. He talks about how his playing evolved and the guitarists he discovered along the way.

I probably need to check Dream Theatre out.

John Petrucci is a monster player. He did a series of videos for Guitar World in 2018 which are absolutely brilliant. He talks about how his playing evolved and the guitarists he discovered along the way.

I probably need to check Dream Theatre out.
    Here's the album promo they put together.

And here was the first single from the album.

Forget all of that. This is where its at.

https://www.facebook.com/SnelvisRanc...02845539739596

Sorry, shameless plug, but its also the second last night before the Lass changes hands.

Forget all of that. This is where its at.

https://www.facebook.com/SnelvisRanc...02845539739596

Sorry, shameless plug, but its also the second last night before the Lass changes hands.
    Really?
    You are going to drop a shameless plug when Grim goes to all that trouble of delivering you so much awesomeness??? Bloody hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    And here was the first single from the album.

Man... Everything is big.. The drumkit is ridiculously massive, old mate with his 6 string bass CAN play, and obviously Petrucci is a nutbag..

This actually reminds me A LOT of Between The Buried And Me but without the screaming parts.. (Or I would have to say that BTBAM are heavily influenced by DT)..
    Sounds pretty awesome, very polished, but I'm not very familiar with how their sound normally is.. Just that they are mutant musicians.. haha

I'm pretty keen to hear the whole album now! Cheers mate..

New Devy track dropped as well. It's pure Devy goodness and seems completely random without an entire album to contextualise it.